Music Bands that are more famous for things other than music

Richard Harris - MacArhur Park - (peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and number four on the UK Singles Chart. "MacArthur Park" was subsequently covered by numerous artists, including a 1969 Grammy-winning version by country music singer Waylon Jennings and a number one Billboard Hot 100 disco arrangement by Donna Summer) amongst other assorted top of the pops hits, was oddly enough better known for his acting, albeit that he only achieved fame with that in fits and starts.

Please hurry, I want to see that.

sounds a bit similar to Mayhem's cover of their "The Dawn of the Black Hearts". one member killed himself with shotgun and the other one took photos of it and used them as cd cover.

The Dirt was a great read was a great read tbf and Crue had some great stories. The Vince Neil sex tape was grim though. Slash's book was good too- when he had a moment of clarity and decided to get off heroin after Izzy Stradlin spurted on his thigh during a threesome:lol:.

Wonder if Ozzy would be in the same category, being more famous for the MTV show, debauchery and bat's head biting etc, for many maybe younger folk, despite his solid catalogue of solo and Sabbath stuff.

:lol: Slash.

Ozzy is a good shout. More people probably know him for the bat episode and subsequent links to Satanism/PMRC hysteria than the music. The TV show is another consideration, too.

The Misfits. Much like KISS and the Ramones, they're just a merchandise machine. They were touring with 1 original member for a while, with two guys from Black Flag, playing misc punk covers. Saw them in 2004, seemed like a bit of a con to do it under the MIsfits name.

At least that awful Michael Graves fella isn't associated with them anymore.

It also seems like Nirvana are heading in a similar direction to the Ramones. I see Nirvana shirts everywhere now. A kid at my school used to get smacked around by the meatheads because his backpack had a Nirvana patch on it. Now you can get your Nirvana merch in Topshop. Shit's wild.
One time at a house party, I made a joke about Kurt No-Brain, and this long haired kid got really arsey about it and then started crying about the death of Kurt.

Richard Harris - MacArhur Park - (peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and number four on the UK Singles Chart. "MacArthur Park" was subsequently covered by numerous artists, including a 1969 Grammy-winning version by country music singer Waylon Jennings and a number one Billboard Hot 100 disco arrangement by Donna Summer) amongst other assorted top of the pops hits, was oddly enough better known for his acting, albeit that he only achieved fame with that in fits and starts.

I know the song and know the actor but had no idea he was the same guy :lol: