Arsenal’s new Adidas kit is epic

Personally, I couldn't care less about kits and sundry. Haven't ever bought an original and never will.
Each to their own. But I will be robbed at my own time of choosing thanks.

Adidas starts their deal by going very safe, just like they did with our first kit. They will probably start to mess with Arsenal's traditions and look after next season.

That is proper smart. Classy and retro. Ours is classier than normal but looks like a bag of shite compared to that. Unpopular opinion, but our crest doesn't help, then the Chevy logo massacres it. Could still have a miles better shirt though.

Whoever is in charge of approving kit design at Arsneal knows what they're at. Takes me back to my childhood that design. I wonder if it's just an Adidas originals thing or a brand new kit?

Think there's something in that actually. The writing is quite minimal and doesn't draw attention.

Our logo is the centrepiece which draws your attention - great for the sponsor but not so good for the shirt.
It helps that Lacazette's sponsor is only Fly

People fecking love nostalgia don’t they?

Weird that these same peeps don’t all walk around with 80’s haircuts.

‘80s football kits are definitely stylish though. It just hit that sweet spot between the old school jumpers of the previous decades and the garish experimentalism of the ‘90s.

Ironic really, as aesthetically the ‘80s was an absolutely atrocious decade.

Our shirt would look much nicer if the three stripes we're black or even gold. The red on red is too simple

As much as we complain about the Chevrolet logo, the feeling is probably mutual. Wonder if they’re having second thoughts about their investment considering our current demise. Btw, how long do we have left on the sponsorship deal?

As much as we complain about the Chevrolet logo, the feeling is probably mutual. Wonder if they’re having second thoughts about their investment considering our current demise. Btw, how long do we have left on the sponsorship deal?

Out of interest how would the Chevrolet logo look on other rival shirts (European or domestic)?

Would it likely be in the contract that the Chevrolet logo is in gold like it is on our kit?

Any reason they couldn't do this but red where the black is and move the writing up a bit?
s-l300.jpg

Or like this?
chevrolet_logo2_28436.jpg

Might look a bit better then.

Edit: found some white on red ones:
chevrolet.gif

Chevrolet-SS-Red-Bowtie-logo-t-Shirt-Logo-Layout_600x600.jpg

Last edited:
Would it likely be in the contract that the Chevrolet logo is in gold like it is on our kit?

Any reason they couldn't do this but red where the black is and move the writing up a bit?
s-l300.jpg

Or like this?
chevrolet_logo2_28436.jpg

Might look a bit better then.

Edit: found some white on red ones:
chevrolet.gif

Chevrolet-SS-Red-Bowtie-logo-t-Shirt-Logo-Layout_600x600.jpg

It would definitely be in the contract.

The home kit is pretty much our awesome 14/15 jersey. (Also the best home kit since Adidas came back.)

The away kit is quite obviously a retro nod etc.

Nice safe choices to start off with. Wait until the season after next when Adidas start putting their own spin on things and Arsenal end up with garbage like last seasons home kit and the snakeskin thing that we have next season.

The home kit is fantastic. I like ours this year too though. My friend works in Elvery’s so I got the new home kit for €42.