Argentina Thread : Milei wants NATO security cooperation

I absolutely agree on that is a band aid because as you mentioned, the problem is the supply. But it I understand why it doesn't work because we are approaching housing as an investment and not like a right of having a roof over your head

As you mentioned, the top priority would be tackling multiproperty, specially as you point out, investing firms that after 2008, they had been pouring billions and billions in the housing market. Why an entity, firm or individual would need more than 2-3 properties? to make money of it and basically back to capitalism.

Free market is all nice and dandy, but as no one in Europe would discuss a private free market on health care or judiciary system, I don't know how something so basic for security of living like housing has to be left to the free market.
Institutional investors buy up housing and that trend should be investigated, but they aren't the sole boogeyman here. US example:

As of 2022, institutional investors owned only 3 percent of all single-family rental units in America. That year, the largest owner of single-family rental homes, Invitation Homes, owned just 0.6 percent of all such houses on the rental market. Monopoly ownership of single-family rental housing cannot be a leading driver of housing costs because it does not exist.
https://www.vox.com/policy/369525/kamala-harris-housing-plan-corporate-landlords-homeownership

Institutional investors buy up housing and that trend should be investigated, but they aren't the sole boogeyman here. US example:

https://www.vox.com/policy/369525/kamala-harris-housing-plan-corporate-landlords-homeownership

Worse than institutional investors, is just the people with too much money.

I know several people here in Chile (neoliberal hell) that own more than 100 properties for rent.

Free market will never work on a society so unequal, because freedom, instead of liberty, will always end in debauchery.

Thanks of laying up the facts. Surely they are not majority because historically it had been private citizienship that owned multiproperty and kept expanding their porfolio, but it had been a trend for the last 15 years that institutional investors are increasing the already pressurized market and they keep going. Now might be 3%, but I am sure that they will keep gaining terrain on this percentage. Meanwhile, they will not price out the existing owners that will keep growing also it is over and over the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer with a division owners/renters which a more increasing impossibility to close the gap

Also, might be a small percentage yet, but institutional owners are the epitome of the organized capitalism for an asset that should be a right for the people. It is more acceptable that a family makes a bit of money renting 1 property but not a multim(b)illion organization owning entire buildings or plots with houses for greed when also, this money could be invested in other ventures

Or maybe, and this is just a theory, the severe economic crisis that Argentina is suffering (which has the World Bank estimating a 4% contraction this year) is impacting in the purchasing power of the renters, which is swiftly pushing the prices down. Which is supported by the fact that 40% of argentinians between 25 and 35 years old live with their parents.

Why it didn't happen last month but just when the restrictions were lifted? 170% more offer it translate on lowering prices, there is no other way around. I am the first in line on Shitting in Milei and his ultraliberal policies, but he was right in this instance seeing the results. will see how will work long term

I for one am shocked that austerity doesn't make the economy better and has terrible social consequences.