Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to flighttracker, flight number LJ75 landed in Vietnam from South Korea 7 hours ago.

Highly doubt he’ll come in on twice what Pogba and De Gea earn.

Sanchez will earn about 250k a week max. No idea where this 500k is coming from.

Maybe his signing bonus is included in his salary as weekly payments. Gbp10mn spread over 2 years is 100k a week. So it should be 400k a week plus 10mn signing bonus or 500k a week. Really doubt it is both. I recall Ashley Young had something similar

Not that we should care in the first place. We literally have the lowest wage to revenue ratio in the league.

I would not be getting too hung up about about the wages , we have obviously done our math and if we are willing to pay that salary we can obviously afford it.

Just hope we can get it done now and can't wait to see him line out for us , it would be understated to say we have been underwhelming in attack this season bar the odd flashes of brilliance from various players now and again. Hope if he comes in he can shake a lot of things up. This the type of World class player a club as big as ours should be getting in.

Now just get the deal sorted.

Screenshots of private planes. This is more like it :drool:

Sadly, I really doubt he's flying at this time.

Arguing with this Kevin Palmer bloke on twitter. He tweeted about United fans being upset about the coverage of Sanchez wages. He comes across as a proper moron

I dont get his reasoning at all. Why should Mikhis wages be subtracted or his be value be factored in?

The point is not about what it is costing United and whether or not we can afford him. Obviously we can.
The point is that we are paying those wages for a player. ( I dont believe the total cost being 180m fwiw)

Saying Mikhis wages/trasnfer value should be subtracted would be like Liverpool fans on rawk saying they paid -15m for Carrol because they sold Torres for 50m.

Transfers aren't even supposed to be for entertainment, to be fair.

I just can't look away.

Highly doubt he’ll come in on twice what Pogba and De Gea earn.

Sanchez will earn about 250k a week max. No idea where this 500k is coming from.
Wouldn't surprise me if he earns more than Pogba or Zlatan counting bonuses and such. Coming "for free" usually means players have a bit more leverage than usual. 500k per week sounds like bullshit however.

I dont get his reasoning at all. Why should Mikhis wages be subtracted or his be value be factored in?

The point is not about what it is costing United and whether or not we can afford him. Obviously we can.
The point is that we are paying those wages for a player. ( I dont believe the total cost being 180m fwiw)

Saying Mikhis wages/trasnfer value should be subtracted would be like Liverpool fans on rawk saying they paid -15m for Carrol because they sold Torres for 50m.

Because it comes into the equation and is not being factored in when these ridiculous financial claims are being directed at us. People are trying to sensationalise what it’s costing United. But just because it’s United.

We’ve done a brilliant bit of business here, make no mistake, but no that doesn’t fit the media narrative.

Ordinarily, the story would be 'United coup' but, strangely, it isn't.

We're bringing in a player we can afford. If fans want to use the fees as a stick to beat us with, let them. If their clubs could spend the money and bring in players like this, they'd be delighted.

I'm hearing if you include his wages, agent fee, signing on fee, transfer fee, image rights, vet bills for Atom & Humber, appearance bonuses, unused sub bonuses, goal bonuses, assist bonuses, loyalty bonuses, haircut costs, tight shirt purchases and photography fees it all adds up to 1.1 Billion can someone confirm thanks.

Ordinarily, the story would be 'United coup' but, strangely, it isn't.

Pep's the media darling right now. Plus don't forget whose been briefing the journos. They take shots at MUFC and City PR keep leaking them details.

“Alexis could feature for United this Saturday”.

It’s on for tomorrow. Straight via WhatsApp from his family members to the Chilean media.

where's this coming from?

I'm hearing if you include his wages, agent fee, signing on fee, transfer fee, image rights, vet bills for Atom & Humber, appearance bonuses, unused sub bonuses, goal bonuses, assist bonuses, loyalty bonuses, haircut costs, tight shirt purchases and photography fees it all adds up to 1.1 Billion can someone confirm thanks.
Stop being ridiculous. It's obviously twelvedy gazillion.

For all the bizarre ABU crap about these imaginary fees and wages as soon as he scores one goal for us it'll be all 'and that's what you pay £Xm for'. You'll notice the last mention of Pogba's fee on British TV was to point out that it looks like a snip now. Football media just uses big numbers to fill the gaps between the actual football.

You'll notice the last mention of Pogba's fee on British TV was to point out that it looks like a snip now.

True enough, yeah. He's not lumbered with talk of his fee at all anymore.

Yes but theirs no drama in talking sense especially when it comes exaggerating Uniteds every move. If penny pincher Wenger pulled this off in reverse hed be a reborn again genius

Yep. Fack em all. Back to ABU land in the media. Love it. It's all about us. Time for Jose to blow some more shite up, like Conte.

City offered 13m after taxes in the summer we raised it by 1m, but the media wants to make it look like it's costing us a fortune ffs.

Neymar earns 700k pw, Messi 770k pw. Offsetting Mkhi's outgoing salary we take on net 360k pw. So essentially you take a player who struggles to get into the team, pay an extra 360k pw in wages and maybe an extra 5m to the scum Raiola and you get a superstar. Best transfer deal we've made in recent history. Agent fees, signing bonuses are pretty normal no matter who you sign so I don't see why that's being counted.

If you count everything (84m salary for 4.5 yrs., 30m signing bonus, 15 agent fee, 5m Raiola scum fee) this deal will probably cost us 29m per year for the next 4.5 yrs (still less than the salary of Ronaldo, Messi, & Neymar). Doesn't sound too exciting does it? Well in that case how do we turn that into a killer headline to get views, "Man Utd is spending 180m on a 29 yr old who's choosing money (1m more a yr...) over a team where he can win (get a trophy he doesn't deserve, and success is not guaranteed beyond this year)."

Pep's the media darling right now. Plus don't forget whose been briefing the journos. They take shots at MUFC and City PR keep leaking them details.

where's this coming from?

His family were in London since Sunday... According to media in Chile, they are now with him for United sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.