AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have to go to Stoke, play against Mourinho and play Spurs away.
Everton too. And Leicester if their recent form is anything to be worried about.

It's amazing, it's usually around this time Arsenal pull off a string of wins but they're doing the complete opposite.

They are dead, buried and in the late stages of decomposition. No way are they coming back to get 4th. They'd be lucky to stay 6th at this stage.

Wenger's lost the dressing room. They just can't be arsed. If the game goes their way, fine. As soon as the chips are down, there's no fight in them. Many Arsenal players' careers won't recover from this.

17757135_1344824438887781_4551838186797421110_n.jpg
:lol:

Waiting for the mandatory Claude "i just don't know what to say", respective crying face and 3 min rant

This will go down in history as one of the most dramatic fall from grace of a football manager in the English game. It is sad, as he has brought some good times to the EPL, even as a United fan. The team that had Henry, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, is a distant memory. They have played beautiful football in the past, but Wenger has totally lost his way. He has a big ego, although he tries not to come across as that as opposed to others like Jose. This ego has prevented him from being self-critical and doing the right thing which is to leave Arsenal with dignity. I can't see a way back now from Arsenal this season and if Wenger does not go, things will just rot and fester. There is no way the team will be able to salvage this season as the mental state is now so fragile; they are not tough mentally anyway to begin with unlike Keown, Adams and co.

Sad ending to an otherwise excellent reign.

Reactions: SteveJ
This will go down in history as one of the most dramatic fall from grace of a football manager in the English game. It is sad, as he has brought some good times to the EPL, even as a United fan. The team that had Henry, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, is a distant memory. They have played beautiful football in the past, but Wenger has totally lost his way. He has a big ego, although he tries not to come across as that as opposed to others like Jose. This ego has prevented him from being self-critical and doing the right thing which is to leave Arsenal with dignity. I can't see a way back now from Arsenal this season and if Wenger does not go, things will just rot and fester. There is no way the team will be able to salvage this season as the mental state is now so fragile; they are not tough mentally anyway to begin with unlike Keown, Adams and co.

Agree. I feel bad about it too even as a United fan. However, he should recognise when it's time to leave gracefully. Has only himself to blame.

So is everyone staying up to hear from Troopz/DT/Ty?:D

Wow fecking hell.
Not sorry to see them have a go at the players. Some of them act like they have no responsibility towards the shit results. It's not only Wenger's fault.

Yeah a bit painful for him now. If he'd chucked it in 2014 or 2015 it wouldn't have been a great last decade, but he'd have went out on a reasonable high. The refusal to go is just making him look worse and worse.

Not sorry to see them have a go at the players. Some of them act like they have no responsibility towards the shit results. It's not only Wenger's fault.

It's just mad how much unrest there is amongst Arsenal Football Club.

I know he has dug his own grave in a way but I feel so sorry for Wenger. I hope there's someway he can leave with a bit of dignity in tact, he doesn't deserve to go out like this...

I know he has dug his own grave in a way but I feel so sorry for Wenger. I hope there's someway he can leave with a bit of dignity in tact, he doesn't deserve to go out like this...
He deserves it cause he didn't go when he should have. Not to mention if he decides to stay. He's passed it and has been passed it for a while, no more time for dignity I'm afraid.

He deserves it cause he didn't go when he should have. Not to mention if he decides to stay. He's passed it and has been passed it for a while, no more time for dignity I'm afraid.

I don't even think he is passed it, he is just too comfortable at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.