AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

How are they so dreadful at managing contracts after all these years? Didn't this happen when the likes of Clichy, Toure, Adebayor left. Then Van Persie, Nasri, Song, Fabregas and now this.

Bild are reporting that Arsenal have opened talks with Thomas Tuchel, manager of Borussia Dortmund.

Fall back position or is AW going ?

Read that first as ”full back”. I mean Wenger is known for struggling to buy quality defenders, but… :wenger:

Watch wenger let go of alexis, ozil, ox and ramsey and hand brand new 3 year-£60/80k a week contracts to everyone else

Watch wenger let go of alexis, ozil, ox and ramsey and hand brand new 3 year-£60/80k a week contracts to everyone else
Robbie could save Greece with the money he gets when that happens.

The look on his face when the players come out :lol:

Well we haven´t been on our top game for some time now have we? And to be fair I would take Wenger over Moyes any day..

The whole point of the Arsenal fans frustrations is that "some time" = 15 years. If we're still in the same situation have been since Fergie retired in the 2027/28
season then we really are in the same shit as the gooners. Claiming that we are already at that point is laughably impatient.

The whole point of the Arsenal fans frustrations is that "some time" = 15 years. If we're still in the same situation have been since Fergie retired in the 2027/28
season then we really are in the same shit as the gooners. Claiming that we are already at that point is laughably impatient.
As I stated in a previous post that we are in this shit now... Had nothing to do with 15 years.. So regarding that "some time" clearly didn't have anything to do with that. I only stated that we shouldn't really laugh at them as we have been and still are in this situation and I kind of felt a little sorry for them. But if you want to add that to my post feel free..

As I stated in a previous post that we are in this shit now... Had nothing to do with 15 years.. So regarding that "some time" clearly didn't have anything to do with that. I only stated that we shouldn't really laugh at them as we have been and still are in this situation and I kind of felt a little sorry for them. But if you want to add that to my post feel free..

I just disagree with your basic premise that we can't laugh at Arsenal because we're somehow in the same situation as them. We aren't. We're having to endure a period with "just" two trophies in the last two seasons and finishing as Premier League champions just 4 years ago. The reason the gooners are all (humorously) losing their shit in the many videos of this thread is because of a scenario that couldn't be more different to what we've been experiencing i.e. 15 years of constant underachievement.

That was shockingly good.
"I'd rather be Ty" and "Go back to Sutton, you're needed in goal" :lol:

Yeah seriously, it was pretty decent :lol: And anything for Macmillan gets a thumbs up from me.

Harry Shotta is actually decent.

I just disagree with your basic premise that we can't laugh at Arsenal because we're somehow in the same situation as them. We aren't. We're having to endure a period with "just" two trophies in the last two seasons and finishing as Premier League champions just 4 years ago. The reason the gooners are all (humorously) losing their shit in the many videos of this thread is because of a scenario that couldn't be more different to what we've been experiencing i.e. 15 years of constant underachievement.
It's not the 15 years of underachievement, it's the way they underachieved(and keep underachieving) that makes them lose it

Fergie even said he wouldnt have lasted at United doing the same thing

Last edited:
Arsenal probably thinking 'why should Robbie make money at our expense. Let's do it too'

k11toFM-hPnAGP6p2eYKnRr81DxBpkEM_wiLV5hQ0r0.jpg

I can't see many there that I'd want at United.

Maybe Jack Wheelchair, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sanchez...but that list sort of highlights how average Arsenal have become.

Not sure if serious?

Yes, this thread would be beautiful. If either of these two teams are going to implode in the race for top 4 its arsenal after a big loss. Liverpool can also be caught. Tottenham and city are a lot better than those two and us.

Yes, this thread would be beautiful. If either of these two teams are going to implode in the race for top 4 its arsenal after a big loss. Liverpool can also be caught. Tottenham and city are a lot better than those two and us.

Mmm...I see where you're coming from and I get that this thread would become a gold mine, but I also think that Arsenal's annual implosion is somewhat inevitable regardless of today. I really, really can't bring myself to want City to win, and don't forget, the Bluemoon thread is always bountiful after a defeat too.

Mmm...I see where you're coming from and I get that this thread would become a gold mine, but I also think that Arsenal's annual implosion is somewhat inevitable regardless of today. I really, really can't bring myself to want City to win, and don't forget, the Bluemoon thread is always bountiful after a defeat too.

Has their annual implosion already happened though? its usually feb/march when they drop out of the champs and lose momentum in the title race. Then they get their act together and go on a good run to reach top 4 and it saves wengers job, a hammering today along with the ridiculous contract situation over their manager and their best players means the stretch between a hammering today and the end of the season could be something real special.

Their ineptitude is keeping us from the dreaded 6th place. Cheers lads (I probably jinxed it now).

Status
Not open for further replies.