Adrien Rabiot | signed for Marseille

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be madness to make an offer.

Insane sign on fee and wages, for a player at the wrong end of his career who will decline. Casemiro mark2

Offer him a 3 year deal + option of 1. He is extremely fit - rarely injured - and he will only be 32 by the time the contract expires

A mercenary that has played for three clubs at 29 years old?

He left Toulouse on bad terms. He ran down his contract at PSG and left on a free. He's now run down his contract at Juve and also leaving for free.

He know's it means more money in his pocket if theres no transfer fee.

If money is what he's after, then no problem - but don't pretend you want United now, when it could have been done a year ago if he wasn't so greedy.

The guy is looking for one last big contract and we shouldnt be the ones funding it.

I’d let him have Amrabats place in the squad

Not sure he's exactly low cost - he's reportedly asking for £250k per week in wages. No doubt there would also be a massive signing fee involved.

I think that this is exactly the kind of deal Ineos won't want us doing going forward.

He left Toulouse on bad terms. He ran down his contract at PSG and left on a free. He's now run down his contract at Juve and also leaving for free.

If money is what he's after, then no problem - but don't pretend you want United now, when it could have been done a year ago if he wasn't so greedy.

The guy is looking for one last big contract and we shouldnt be the ones funding it.
Did he leave Toulouse on bad terms? I think you're making that up.

He didn't live Toulouse on bad terms, not only they wanted to extend the loan but he himself has been very positive about his experience. For PSG, they low balled him like they did for a number of their academy players which is why they mainly left, they then signed Paredes and gave him a big contract while still low balling Rabiot, then they threatened to not play him if he didn't extend, fined him for going to the funerals of his father and later of his grandmother and banned him from the first team.

For Juventus, at the end of his first contract they told him that they wouldn't extend him because they wanted to reduce their wage bill, they changed their mind and eventually offered a 1 year contract and now we are at the end of that contract.

He didn't live Toulouse on bad terms, not only they wanted to extend the loan but he himself has been very positive about his experience. For PSG, they low balled him like they did for a number of their academy players which is why they mainly left, they then signed Paredes and gave him a big contract while still low balling Rabiot, then they threatened to not play him if he didn't extend, fined him for going to the funerals of his father and later of his grandmother and banned him from the first team.

For Juventus, at the end of his first contract they told him that they wouldn't extend him because they wanted to reduce their wage bill, they changed their mind and eventually offered a 1 year contract and now we are at the end of that contract.

They didn't low ball him, he demanded a small fortune which PSG refused to pay, 10 million a season and this was 5 years ago, the equivelent now is probably higher. Some details in this article;

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sg-contract-suspension-france-football-future

He's also refused to be on the stanby list for the national team, fined for partying after the club lost to United, turned up late to team meetings etc

Whether we agree if he qualifies as a mercenary or not, he's the last thing we need in our dressing room. I wouldnt take him if he was paying us to come.

Last edited:

If he is only after big money he goes to Saudi Arabia?

We don’t know if recruitment team is after CDM. We could play without one too.

If he is only after big money he goes to Saudi Arabia?

I still think he wants to win things but money plays a huge part in his decision making.

If it was just money, then yes he would go Saudi Arabia, even at 29.

It's being reported he wants £200k a week and a large signing on fee, thats still pretty good money.

They didn't low ball him, he demanded a small fortune which PSG refused to pay him 10 million a season and this was 5 years ago, the equivelent now is probably higher. Some details in this article;

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sg-contract-suspension-france-football-future

He's also refused to be on the stanby list for the national team, fined for partying after the club lost to United, turned up late to team meetings etc

Whether we agree if he qualifies as a mercenary or not, he's the last thing we need in our dressing room. I wouldnt take him if he was paying us to come.

There is no details in this article. They absolutely and utterly low balled him, we are talking about someone that was an important player for PSG while earning 250k per month, they then offer less than what Ben Arfa was on which was 500k per month but offer 650k to Paredes in January 2019. Not only they tried to low ball him but they didn't have the same approach with a player that wasn't better and did nothing for the club.

I still think he wants to win things but money plays a huge part in his decision making.

If it was just money, then yes he would go Saudi Arabia, even at 29.

It's being reported he wants £200k a week and a large signing on fee, thats still pretty good money.

We don’t know what his demands are yet. If it is reasonable why say no? The management was different last time and everybody knew they can be taken for a ride.

He doesn't suit our new transfer strategy. He's supposedly an egoistic, arrogant, mamaboy diva. Also he'll demnad a high salary and probably agent fee. Better get a good young CM gem that Vivell auggests.

Why is this a crime? As long as he actually performs for the club then he has fulfilled his obligation. We don't have to worry about being mugged in the contract with the new team involved.

He is very clearly a more than competent midfielder and we are a team lacking exactly that. Ideal replacement to McTominay.

He doesn't suit our new transfer strategy. He's supposedly an egoistic, arrogant, mamaboy diva. Also he'll demnad a high salary and probably agent fee. Better get a good young CM gem that Vivell auggests.

No need to use words like hated in this article

There is no details in this article. They absolutely and utterly low balled him, we are talking about someone that was an important player for PSG while earning 250k per month, they then offer less than what Ben Arfa was on which was 500k per month but offer 650k to Paredes in January 2019. Not only they tried to low ball him but they didn't have the same approach with a player that wasn't better and did nothing for the club.

If by details you want a complete break down of what was offered then thats unreasonable and you wont find that anywhere but a quick google search brings up several articles all refering to his high demands from PSG.

Blanc who was the manager at the time said; "We appreciate the boy. He has a great opportunity at PSG and I believe he has the qualities to play here but his entourage doesn’t agree and takes advantage of his contractual situation"

PSG have never had a reputation of being tight on wages, especially not at the time Rabiot was there. If even their offer wasnt enough, you have to start asking questions.

By the way, Juve also offered him several contracts with the last one worth 7 million euros a seaosn and he's turned them all down. He can now get double that plus a signing on fee when he leaves.

" Tuttojuve claims Rabiot wants more money and is currently demanding 8 million euros per season to join Juventus or any club:

Fine. Don't pay him a penny over 100k/week.
I’ve been impressed with him when I’ve seen him play - including at this year’s Euros. Provided there are no off the pitch issues IMO he’d be an ideal replacement for McTominay while Ugarte would be an ideal replacement for Casemiro.

Why is this a crime? As long as he actually performs for the club then he has fulfilled his obligation. We don't have to worry about being mugged in the contract with the new team involved.

He is very clearly a more than competent midfielder and we are a team lacking exactly that. Ideal replacement to McTominay.

It's not a crime, I even said if money is what he is after then great - but if throughout his career money has come first, thats not the type of player we need - add to that all the controveries around him and his pitbull of a mother, it has a bad ending written all over it.

We don’t know what his demands are yet. If it is reasonable why say no? The management was different last time and everybody knew they can be taken for a ride.

I agree, if his demands are reasonable, I'd take him - it shows he is being sensible and genuinly wants to be here - but I can guarentee you his demands will be huge. I read earlier today he wants £200k+ a week plus a big signing on fee. He's nowhere near that level.

It's not a crime, I even said if money is what he is after then great - but if throughout his career money has come first, thats not the type of player we need - add to that all the controveries around him and his pitbull of a mother, it has a bad ending written all over it.

People say this, but he is rarely in the news except for a month or so during transfer season when his contract is almost up/up.

If seeking a good contract is all that's important, then why would he cause issue once he's got it. At the end of it he'll be 30+ and we likely won't renew, so what's the big issue?

I’ve been impressed with him when I’ve seen him play - including at this year’s Euros. Provided there are no off the pitch issues IMO he’d be an ideal replacement for McTominay while Ugarte would be an ideal replacement for Casemiro.
I know he is not bad. He comes with a baggage though. The guy seems be on his last lap of making easy money. Make him accept less base salary and lot more in bonus and see if it works. I am sure he won't come on that condition.

Nah leave this one. His mum screwed us over last time by being to greedy. Dont want another one of them here.

Too much drama around this guy so I'm hesitant because it seems like we're putting together good core of drama-free professionals. Normally it'd be a no-brainer because he's a good player of the mould we need.

I laugh when fans fall for the 'free transfer's spiel. As others have said, he'd want massive sign on fee and a longer or more financially favorable contract. Often times these contracts are the equivalent of signing them for a reasonable fee anyway.

The player himself I'm not so excited by. He's one of those midfielders who is not dangerous enough in the attacking phase, not active enough in the defensive phase and not good enough with the ball to be the creative heartbeat of the team.

There's also the problem that he is not a DM, which affects our balance as we have two starting midfielders (Bruno and Mainoo), and we need a third, more defensive option. Rabbiot has shown he isn't a DM and isn't willing to consistently play that role. He also won't be out ball carrier from deep, Mainoo is better at that.

So even ignoring the economics of the transfer, it makes very little sense from a fit POV. Hard pass for me.

We need players with something to prove, who will get behind the mule. I think if we get a player who has had glamorous nights in other club's kit, he's going to come in thinking more of his future rather than the club's, and he doesn't seem like someone to mentor the younger players (as Casemiro did). Whatever role we'd envision him filling, we kinda already have players in those positions, specifically Mount, who haven't had a decent run out yet. He's a central midfielder, despite occasionally being shifted left or right. McTominay is mentioned as the player he'd replace, but McT is going to be on the bench more often than not this season, and you'd think Rabiot would not accept a bit part.

Pass.

How funny the rhetoric changes.

During the Euros this thread was frothing at the mouth to sign him. Now we can’t be further away from that.

Madness.

The rhetoric around this guy is so weird. A mercenary who has changed clubs exactly once in his whole professional career. His mom being crazy, because she as an agent has sometimes used the media in a completely normal agent way. A player surrounded by drama, with almost no incidences. Someone only after money, but with earnings not particularly impressive for a player with his reputation. These are numbers from Capology, I know the Juve numbers are correct and the rest looks reasonable. Gross weekly wake in pounds, because United forum:

13/14: 8,080
14/15: 7,272
15/16: 38,461
16/17: 46,379
17/18: 47,834
18/19: 48,318
19/20: 144,955 (Moved to Juventus)
20/21: 144,955
21/22: 144,955
22/23: 144,955
23/24: 144,955

How funny the rhetoric changes.

During the Euros this thread was frothing at the mouth to sign him. Now we can’t be further away from that.

Madness.

Funnily enough, I don't want him or any french players because I'm still upset with their performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.