Adrien Rabiot - Free Agent

RedRocket9908

Adrien Rabiot is leaving Juventus on a free, would he be worth giving a short term deal to in order to help with our lack of midfield options?

He's decent, but he comes with some baggage doesn't he? And he will want a wage that is not in keeping with reigning in the entitlement culture.

Sell McTominay for £25m and sign Rabiot on a free would be a lovely bit of business.

Especially with Collyer coming through.

Would be very surprised if we dont go in for this deal. There's so little risk in it.

Not a big fan and though that might be bias talking I think his atypical career management doesn't denote great mentality.

Would depend on what wages and signing on fee he wanted.

I would hope he would be coming in as a squad option and his wage should reflect that.

He's decent, but he comes with some baggage doesn't he? And he will want a wage that is not in keeping with reigning in the entitlement culture.
Some baggage? His mum is his agent and is apparently very demanding that her son be paid very very well. He's 29, so this would be the last big contract of his career. Guessing he would want a huge signing on fee and wages. Sorta signing Utd would have made in Woodward era.

He wouldn't come here to be a squad option. He'd want to be a starter.

Would depend on what wages and signing on fee he wanted.

I would hope he would be coming in as a squad option and his wage should reflect that.

Ive just done a quick search and it looks like he is only on €148k per week at Juve so his demands might not be too high.

As a McT / Eriksen replacement in one, it makes a lot of sense. Someone with experience and high quality that can rotate with and give space for someone like Collyer to emerge, on a free? Why not, as long as his wages aren’t crazy - £180k max I’d say.

Would still need one or two DM signing though on top though.

Adrien Rabiot is leaving Juventus on a free, would he be worth giving a short term deal to in order to help with our lack of midfield options?

Should be all over that. And no his mum is not the problem she’s made out to be. That woman is a superhero for what she’s done for her kids whilst caring for her extremely unwell husband pretty much all of Rabiot’s life.

Can’t believe that he’s only 29.

No thanks. He has had 2 chances at least and turned us down. I’d honestly rather give Casemiro another season.

Feels like a deal the old United under the glazers would do, this is the INEOS era and we can do so much better now!

Would be very well suited to how we want to play, and what we lack. I can see why we'd be more interested in Rabiot than Ugarte, although in an ideal world we go for both and sort out our midfield.

Doesn't sound like an INEOS move. That being said I can't think of a suitable club for him. Chelsea perhaps?

Can he do the holding role? Mainoo and Bruno will almost certainly be two of the three starting midfielders this season.

Should be all over that. And no his mum is not the problem she’s made out to be. That woman is a superhero for what she’s done for her kids whilst caring for her extremely unwell husband pretty much all of Rabiot’s life.

Can’t believe that he’s only 29.
Are you his mum?

To follow up on the mentality thing, Rabiot always struck me as a fair weather kind of player/lad.

Could be a decent stop gap on a short deal, if the wage is right, if he can agree to split minutes with other players.

Stay as far away from this guy as possible, his manager is going to be an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Ive just done a quick search and it looks like he is only on €148k per week at Juve so his demands might not be too high.
Italy have some tax breaks for footballers. So that figure would be much higher in PL for him to get get similar take home pay.

McTominay out for £25m, Rabiot in for nothing. I mean, it's a very sensible upgrade to the squad.

We wanted him last summer right? Isn’t ten hag meant to be big on him?

Also we need a CM
Someone said on the Neves thread that there's a rumour PSG may move Fabien Ruiz on. You'd take Ruiz all day over Rabiot. Ruiz is a proper classy footballer.

No thanks. We've tried twice and he didn't want to join twice. Move on.

is this the new his dad is fat?
His mother is his agent and she's been notoriously vocal about defending his best interests (to say it as neutrally as possible) ever since his PSG years.

Though there's maybe a bit of a sexist streak of characterising her as a shrill harpy while the agent profession is rife with leeches and crooks.

No thanks. A 29yrs old average player. Thankfully Woodward isn’t in charge.

It's a free transfer, why not? we can sell somebody and bring this guy in on a 3 year deal. We need an Ugarte type too.

Genuinely I’ve not been inspired the last 2 seasons we’ve been linked with him so even on a free? not for me

Quality midfielder on a free. Definitely should be in for him especially knowing how bad our midfield options are.

Can he do the holding role? Mainoo and Bruno will almost certainly be two of the three starting midfielders this season.
I think ETH and most "modern managers" would much prefer an all-rounder who has high defensive awareness over someone like Ugarte. Rabiot ticks most of the boxes. Ugarte's passing (just like Casemiro's) is somewhat problematic at elite level, especially if we consider how much weaker our right side is in the build-up. Rabiot as LCM provides better balance.

Yes please.

I’d imagine his wages would be similar to what Eriksen is on.

If we went into next season with midfield options of Bruno, Mount, Mainoo, Ugarte, Rabiot & McSauce I’d say that’s pretty good all things considered and likely much lower wages.

I'd be happy with Rabiot to replace Eriksen/Mctominay and Ugarte to replace Casemiro.