Academy players on international duty

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Daniel Armer and Tyler Fletcher have been called up to the Scotland U19s squad.

That's good work from Scotland getting Armer in early and up an age group. I reckon England will try to call him up by the end of the year too.

Last edited:
It's a shame to see Luca Scanlon has been left out of the Gibraltar U16s squad but they left out Lyndon Turrell (Leicester City) too, and all the other players are from Gibraltarian clubs or from Atlético Zabal/RB Linense which is right across the border, so it's possible that, being a double header vs San Marino, they've chosen to just go with local players. There is one who attends Bradfield College, a private school in England, but that could be explained by him probably being home for the summer break.
Very good chance we'll see the younger Scanlon in the Gibraltar U17s in November though.

Both Lusale & Obi have been selected for their respective nations, which is good news as both need the minutes given they've hardly played or trained properly in months.

Lusale will be at the Jezek Cup against USA, Turkey & Wales, while Obi plays Norway and either Sweden or Belgium.

James Scanlon is in the Gibraltar squad for next week's games, should he appear vs Liechtenstein he'll be officially committed to Gibraltar and can't switch.

Jacob Watson came off the bench for England U16s today in a 5-0 loss against Italy.

Scanlon started for Gibraltar vs Andorra, they currently lead 1-0 thanks to debutant Dan Bent.

66 minutes for James Scanlon who's replaced by 42 year old Lee Casciaro.

Mantato started (at LB) for England U17s in their 5-0 win over Mexico today. He was the only outfield player to play the entire match.

Mantato started (at LB) for England U17s in their 5-0 win over Mexico today. He was the only outfield player to play the entire match.
It feels like I see Mantato playing LB for England more than right wing? Could very well be wrong, but if that's the case is that likely because they see him more as that position, or because there's more of a vacancy at LB than wing in that age group?

It feels like I see Mantato playing LB for England more than right wing? Could very well be wrong, but if that's the case is that likely because they see him more as that position, or because there's more of a vacancy at LB than wing in that age group?

I don't think he's played on the wing at all for England, just at LB. I can't say for sure but I suspect it's probably due to a lack of other options, case in point being the fact Mantato is the only 'LB' in the squad for this tournament.

I don't think he's played on the wing at all for England, just at LB. I can't say for sure but I suspect it's probably due to a lack of other options, case in point being the fact Mantato is the only 'LB' in the squad for this tournament.
Thanks.

That's fine, then. Gives him handy experience in another valid position for him while he develops more with us as an attacking winger.

Ethan Wheatley scored for England U19s in their 2-2 draw with Italy.

Ethan Wheatley scored for England U19s in their 2-2 draw with Italy.

Maybe not. Italy's report says he did score but England's says otherwise and I'd be more inclined to believe them.

Tyler Fletcher started and Armer was on the bench as Scotland U19s beat Azerbaijan 2-0.

Samuel Lusale started at LW for Slovakia U18s vs Wales U18s. 2-1 at HT. Lusale provided the assist for the first and scored the second.

He came off after the hour mark. FT SVK 2-3 WAL.

Last edited:
Dan Armer scored for Scotland 19s in a 5-3 win over the Faroe Islands.

How good is he?
Devanney is another excellent prospect, very intelligent player that could have a very bright future in the game, time will tell if it is at United as there's much competition in midfield coming through the ranks.

Biancheri came off the bench to score for Wales U19s in their 2-2 draw with Turkmenistan :o

Biancheri came off the bench to score for Wales U19s in their 2-2 draw with Turkmenistan :o

Why's he only on the bench? Surely he must be one of their better forwards?