Aaron Anselmino | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason why players do this is to get big wages when they join a club and that is what I thought we are trying to move away from.
I am prepared to be proven wrong but he will disappear at Chelsea.
Agree, free isn't really free. Agent commision & bigger wages comes into play.

But I still think it would have worked out better/cheaper than other options, i.e., potentially renewing Harry's contract next year instead of selling or buying bench options.

Lausanne would not be able to afford Anselmino.

But somehow a French 3rd division club were able to afford a Brazilian International... :rolleyes:

Chelsea just signed Tosin, they have 6 CBs in Disasi, Fofana, Colwell, Badishele, Chalobah + Tosin, I'm probably missing a name here so it's shocking to read they are interested in another CB.

Chelsea just signed Tosin, they have 6 CBs in Disasi, Fofana, Colwell, Badishele, Chalobah + Tosin, I'm probably missing a name here so it's shocking to read they are interested in another CB.
Fofana has missed like 2+ whole seasons so we can’t really just assume he’ll be good. Chalobah likely to be sold.

This kid Anselmino would be brought into the first team next summer not this one so who knows whether Disasi and Badiashile will still be here.

Fofana has missed like 2+ whole seasons so we can’t really just assume he’ll be good. Chalobah likely to be sold.

This kid Anselmino would be brought into the first team next summer not this one so who knows whether Disasi and Badiashile will still be here.

The turnover at Chelsea is wild. They’re basically new signings in my head.

The turnover at Chelsea is wild. They’re basically new signings in my head.
I mean, they more or less are. For me, they have this coming season to prove they’re good enough or even fit well in a “Guardiola style” possession/play out from the back system under Maresca. If they can’t I think they’ll be moved on after just 2 years here.

TBF, it is sad to see Fofana struggle with injuries, I thought he was going to be top class CB for Chelsea, but even with Chalobah sold, you need 4 CBs at most, if you do not count Fofana, you still have Colwill who I think is an excellent CB, Disasi, Badiashile, and Tosin, and Fofana might come good, the average age of these CBs is below 24 and Colwill is only 21, an 18/19 yo CB would not be something Chelsea needs now or in the foreseable future unless Disasi, Badiashile, and Tosin aren't good and need replacing

Fofana has been brought along in his recovery VERY slowly and carefully. The best thing is what they have been doing now: go very slow, build back both legs equally, and make sure the confidence is there.

He is in full training, and still could be one of the best CB’s in the league. But the health is a big if. I am really hopeful for him, but they can’t be pinning their hopes on him. That made Tosin an excellent pick up.

Really like Anselmino though, but that’s probably two years away at least. I think staying at Boca til the end of their year is a good thing. We will have to decide what to do with players like Bashir Humphreys as well in the meantime.

Our players don’t get “forgotten”. Chelsea does an excellent job of finding clubs and good jobs even for the players that dont quite make it. And we will continue to bring top talent through. And if you want to keep your job you have to beat the players coming after it. Thats what fans, often including our own, don’t get. Where they see “Chelsea is making money off selling players” … the players see “the guys that go to Chelsea always end up with jobs”

I don’t think Badiashile and Desasi can play well enough on the ball for the system we want to use… maybe Badiashile. I hope they prove me wrong

I expect Tosin to be chosen quite a bit, and I wouldn’t be shocked if we got another defender. A LCB who can also play LB really would be great. People are hot for Califiori, but I’m also still a big fan of Hincapie.

And then Chalobah…. I don’t know now that we will sell him. He is not a perfect defender by any means. But I think he’s very good: and we didn’t lose a single game he started last season. I think he’s undervalued at 25m… so I don’t get a lot of what’s going on with that situation.

Fecking hell, keeping his costs down with that photoshop job. Did he do it himself?

Fecking hell, keeping his costs down with that photoshop job. Did he do it himself?

I've seen this template a couple of times, I assume him or his intern probably are using some IA tools to streamline the brunt of work.

Boehly out there thinking he’s playing Pokemon Go - trying to catch them all.

Is he even a starter at Boca? I watched them a couple of times and the weekly highlights on YT but dont remember seeing him

Chelsea's behaviour in the transfer market over the last two years is genuinely unprecedented. I hope it becomes a cautionary tale (it already should be, but they don't seem to have learned the lesson).

I wanted this kid at United...why do Chelsea buy literally everyone?

Would have been a decent signing for anyone to re-utilise the letters from their Casemiro shirt.
Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.