Aaron Anselmino | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be the kind of CB option I would prefer, who competes with Kambwala for the 4th spot.

Nice header, one point he held a player off with his strength and shielded the ball and a nice switch to the other side of the pitch with a pass. All looks very good from the highlights

Would make a lot of sense to get someone like him + Braithwaite to completely rejuvenate our CB options.

Is this Oscar Zambrano? Are we being linked? Doesn't look like he played many games this year - has he been injured or just not making the team?
We had been but I think the link was based on that we had a good Ecuadorian play for us once :wenger:

His name sounds like a haemorrhoid cream that you'd get on a holiday in Spain. If he makes us more comfortable at the back I'm all for it.

This is the sort of player and deal we should start doing. Looking for players outside of the usual channels and stop spunking the yearly £80m on a useless POS simply because 'everyone's heard of them'.
There are tons of talented youngsters out there we should be looking at, they're not all playing for Real, Barca or Bayern.

If Chelsea are sniffing about we should get Martinez to have a word with this guy and sack them off.

How can Chelsea afford to keep spending like this??
Selling HG players for decent money. Maatsen for £35 million will be big. As will Gallagher/Tammy etc if and when they sell them.

The real gamble is selling enough of them each year to balance the books.

This guy and Branthwaite (for a reasonable fee - 50-55m) wouldn’t be bad long-term options. Shame our links to him have died and haven’t come from anyone particularly reputable.

How many players do Chelsea want. Signing players must genuinely be boring for them at this point. They have more players than points

Selling HG players for decent money. Maatsen for £35 million will be big. As will Gallagher/Tammy etc if and when they sell them.

The real gamble is selling enough of them each year to balance the books.
Broja you mean? They sold Tammy years ago.

So annoying when we get linked to these young south american talents and don't end up getting them. Caicedo and Alvarez recently were big misses for us. Lets not let this lad go to another PL club as well.

I don’t think we have the resources to sign players from South America. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea sign him and send him on loan to one of their clubs to get his permit.

We could send him to Nice but this new UEFA clause might hinder us.

Sir Jim should buy him for Nice and promise him a MU move once they don't play in the same European competition.

If we want him then make a move, simple as that. Sick of this dithering about. Is it going to be another one of those 11th hour attempts from us after he’s already agreed to go to Chelsea like what happened with Tosin?
Tosin is no loss.
Most only paid any attention to him because he was a free agent :lol:

Tosin is no loss.

I’m not overly fussed about him either, it’s more the way we went about it that annoyed me. If we wanted him, which we clearly did because we made a last ditch attempt to sign him then why leave it until he already agreed to join another club before making a move? Everyone knew he was available on a free and there was ample time to make a move before Chelsea got involved.

Tosin is no loss.
There's the issue mate, it would have been a free transfer in an area that we need bodies; Harry & Lindelof are coming towards the end of their contract, Varane released, we're looking at renewing 36-year old Evans, not sure about Martinez's fitness & we haven't seen enough of Kambwala. This is not about Tosin's quality as a starter, but long-term planning and having bench options.

I remember the years when we had little option in midfield & RW, it was a constant transition and we even brought Scholes & Giggs out of retirement. We are in a worse position now; there are issues/question marks in every position, except CM with Mainoo & AM with Bruno. I say worse because we can no longer attract T1 players, so we shoud really be looking at young promising players or astute free signings.

I hoppe Berrada & Ashworth live up to the expectations.

There's the issue mate, it would have been a free transfer in an area that we need bodies; Harry & Lindelof are coming towards the end of their contract, Varane released, we're looking at renewing 36-year old Evans, not sure about Martinez's fitness & we haven't seen enough of Kambwala. This is not about Tosin's quality as a starter, but long-term planning and having bench options.

I remember the years when we had little option in midfield & RW, it was a constant transition and we even brought Scholes & Giggs out of retirement. We are in a worse position now; there are issues/question marks in every position, except CM with Mainoo & AM with Bruno. I say worse because we can no longer attract T1 players, so we shoud really be looking at young promising players or astute free signings.

I hoppe Berrada & Ashworth live up to the expectations.
The only reason why players do this is to get big wages when they join a club and that is what I thought we are trying to move away from.
I am prepared to be proven wrong but he will disappear at Chelsea.

Sir Jim should buy him for Nice and promise him a MU move once they don't play in the same European competition.

No, do what City have done with Savio.
Buy him for a third choice club, such as Troyes, loan him to their second club Girona, and then buy him from Troyes.

So Sir Jim should buy Anselmino through Lausanne, loan him to Nice, and then sign him for United if he is good enough, otherwise, sell him for a profit...
No rules broken, this is the production line to be opened up ..!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.