2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Trump insists on having multiple times the crowd sizes of Harris still.

Heck, why not just fully take the piss, and go full Dr. Evil? Nobody will care anyway.

Same arena...

GUVcB4AWQAAThcM

The last time she was "vetted" was when she was running for VP in 2019 and wound up the worst performer among prominent Dems. Even Biden's Transportation Secretary outperformed her, so what transpired then isn't something that can be used in the present imo.

Fortunately we are now getting debates so that's a good start.

But since then she’s literally been in office as the VP! Sure, she’s going to face lots of additional scrutiny in the coming months as well as putting forward her own vision and policies, and rightly so. But to act like the current VP is some unknown quantity is an odd take.

I honestly don't think it does. Even at his rallies they are bored to death.

His appeal comes from right wing media pumping him up, carrying his water and scaring viewers about left wing policies like healthcare for all and free school meals.

Eh, it does, to certain groups.

Nothing gets rural elderly men more tuned in and turned on(in more ways than one) than the voice of Trump, he may lose other voters, but nobody drives out rural turnout like Trump.

He just says stuff. He reminds me of when my son was 7, and just verbalized a constant stream of nonsense.

Why are we even covering this bs.

Eh, it does, to certain groups.

Nothing gets rural elderly men more tuned in and turned on(in more ways than one) than the voice of Trump, he may lose other voters, but nobody drives out rural turnout like Trump.

I just don't believe that anyone can enjoy listening to him whine on about the same old grievances.

Agree - many people love him, but that is only because its all they have.

Trump will always win on the 2nd amendment one though, US at large absolutely loves guns, mass shootings be damned, nothing should ever be done to touch their precious weapons.

He gets all this free airtime and does absolutely nothing with it.

Kamal and Walz get their airtime on on Tuesday night and they absolutely kill it. All those viral moments created.

The presser was a smart move by Trump. He reclaims the narrative, the news cycle, and puts immense pressure on her to do her own presser and interviews.

Not really - the political landscape has changed dramatically in the past four years, and especially in the past few weeks with the changes in the democratic ticket.

But none of what you said addresses my actual point - that discrepancies between state polls and national polls are perfectly normal in American politics. Because the former is only telling you what is happening in one state whilst the latter is aggregating what is happening across a totality of 50 states. I am genuinely surprised that anyone would be surprised given how often this happens.

What's the argument here, that the advent of the Harris ticket has repulsed the nation but enthused Wisconsin? The national picture is just the aggregate of local ones. Of course there are discrepancies, it's just that they don't often head out in diametrically opposed directions. It signifies that at least one of them is wrong.

Trump sounds as insane as ever, but as somebody else mentioned, it does put the pressure on Kamala to do press conferences too.

Why do people notn think Harris can deal with questions? Have I missed some terrible performance recently? She was great after the debate.

What the feck does Christopher Columbus have to do with Italian-American culture, beyond the fact that he was sort of an Italian, even though Italy as a nation didn't exist yet?

Quasimodo predicted Italy would one day exist.

Why do people notn think Harris can deal with questions? Have I missed some terrible performance recently? She was great after the debate.

After which debate ? Biden v Trump ? She went on CNN trying to gaslight people into believing Biden was actually pretty good, which resulted in an argument between her and Anderson Cooper.