2023 Sheep Draft

Round 1 - Opposites Attract

a) Select a completed edition of a league (e.g 2022-23 Premier League, 1959-60 La Liga) with at least 10 teams in it.

b) Select two players, each of whom played in a team that finished in the opposite position to each other in the league that was selected in a) (e.g. in a 20 team league, the 1st and 20th placed teams would be considered opposite as would the teams that finished in 10th and 11th.

Please send your first selections within the next 24 hours.
If only one of our two players are available do we draft them, or would both fail?

If only one of our two players are available do we draft them, or would both fail?

You get that player and have to draft a 2nd player who meets the criteria in conjunction with the passed player in the season chosen in a)

That rule is to stop shenanigans from previous sheep drafts where people would deliberately choose an unavailable player in a double pick round so as to see whether they could get the player they wanted and could move anywhere else if that selection failed. Rule 4 applies to picking someone who does not meet the criteria/is unavailable for selection according to the information known to the person making the selection at the time they made the selection.

surely we should end the round considering United game is on soon

Round 1b Selection 1 Results
Round 1b Selection 1 Results

NM - FAIL (Zico) and FAIL (Franco Baresi)
Physiocrat - FAIL (Javier Zanetti) and FAIL (Pavel Nedved)
P-Nut - FAIL (Bryan Robson) and FAIL (Roy Keane)
Skizzo - FAIL (Bryan Robson) and FAIL (Roy Keane)
paulscholes18 - PASS and PASS
prolifik - PASS and PASS
Pat_Mustard - FAIL (Zico) and FAIL (Franco Baresi)
Edgar Allan Pillow - FAIL (Javier Zanetti) and FAIL (Pavel Nedved)
BIG DUNK - FAIL (Paulo Roberto Falcao) and FAIL (Franco Baresi)
Sjor Bepo - FAIL (Paolo Maldini) and PASS
Gio - FAIL (Paulo Roberto Falcao) and FAIL (Franco Baresi)
Enigma_87 - PASS and PASS
Isotope - FAIL (Zico) and FAIL (Paolo Maldini)
General_Elegancia - PASS and PASS

Banned List: Franco Baresi, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Roy Keane, Paolo Maldini, Pavel Nedved, Bryan Robson, Javier Zanetti, Zico

Please send your second selection in the next 12 hours

Clarification: Played for a team means that you have to have played a match for the club in that season

Clarification: Played for a team means that you have to have played a match for the club in that season

where can we find if they played or not? only found on multiple sites he was part of the squad, cant find anything about if he played or not

I will accept based on the balance of probabilities for the evidence I can find

Yes but @Pat_Mustard misinterpreted the rules and as I feel it was my fault for not making it 100% clear, I am giving him 12 hours from when I gave him the clarification (which is approximately another 2 hours from now)

Round 1(b) Selection 2 Results

Sjor Bepo - PASS
Isotope - FAIL (Pietro Vierchowod) and PASS
Physiocrat - PASS and PASS
BIG DUNK - FAIL (Ineligible Selection) and FAIL (Other Selection Ineligible)
P-Nut - PASS and PASS
Edgar Allan Pillow - FAIL (Player Already Drafted) and PASS
NM - PASS and PASS
Gio - FAIL (Pietro Vierchowod) and PASS
Pat_Mustard - PASS and PASS
Skizzo - FAIL (No Selection Sent) and FAIL (No Selection Sent)

Banned List: Franco Baresi, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Roy Keane, Paolo Maldini, Pavel Nedved, Bryan Robson, Pietro Vierchowod, Javier Zanetti, Zico

Please send your 3rd selection in the next 12 hours @Isotope @BIG DUNK @Edgar Allan Pillow @Gio and @Skizzo

So, if one fail, do I need to get player from the same Team and season, or any Team on same League and season @Michaelf7777777 ?

Should fulfil the criteria I think so if you pick someone from last years City team you need to pick someone from Southampton.

Yep, only exception is if PASSed player played for multiple clubs in the league that season in which case you can use the opposite team of any team they played for that season.

Sjor Bepo - PASS
Isotope - FAIL (Pietro Vierchowod) and PASS
Physiocrat - PASS and PASS
BIG DUNK - FAIL (Ineligible Selection) and FAIL (Other Selection Ineligible)
P-Nut - PASS and PASS
Edgar Allan Pillow - FAIL (Player Already Drafted) and PASS
NM - PASS and PASS
Gio - FAIL (Pietro Vierchowod) and PASS
Pat_Mustard - PASS and PASS
Skizzo - FAIL (No Selection Sent) and FAIL (No Selection Sent)

Banned List: Franco Baresi, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Roy Keane, Paolo Maldini, Pavel Nedved, Bryan Robson, Pietro Vierchowod, Javier Zanetti, Zico

Please send your 3rd selection in the next 12 hours @Isotope @BIG DUNK @Edgar Allan Pillow @Gio and @Skizzo
The cbs spot are gonna be a bit heat in selections since Paolo,Vierchowod, and Baresi are disappeared now.