Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the best player in a game in competition does not mean that you led your team to the trophy in a competition that consists of 10+ games. Saying that he led Real Madrid to CL is very overdramatic.

I should have been more specific, I meant the final.

I hate reading the comments that are suggesting that we've given up on him rather than ADM giving up on the PL :rolleyes: Some people make it sound as if ADM was preparing himself for next season with us and then Woody/LVG just goes up to him and says "Right you need to feck off now son, we've given up on you".

I hate that we look like we are going to sell him. Even though he had a shit season, he still has that magic in him that makes you anticipate something everytime he has the ball. Something we've lacked since Ronaldo.

Depay will now be that player for us.

It is very much true though. He's at the Nani level overall, maybe slightly above but there's not much in it. Two exciting, creative if slightly inconsistent wingers who've both had one standout season.

He's only had one very good season and even that has been exaggerated by a fair degree since he joined us because he played well in the CL final. Some would even swear that he was fantastic in the WC when in truth he was rather shite.
What? He was fantastic in the WC. Rather shite, really? I watched all games, and he was brilliant, even if being wasteful sometimes.

I hate reading the comments that are suggesting that we've given up on him rather than ADM giving up on the PL :rolleyes: Some people make it sound as if ADM was preparing himself for next season with us and then Woody/LVG just goes up to him and says "Right you need to feck off now son, we've given up on you".

I think the vast majority know he's leaving because he can't hack it in the PL so he's high tailing and sulking his way to go play in the crappy French league.

What's going to annoy me most is he will probably perform really well in the French league because the standard is so low the english media and rival fans will be taking the piss out of us for selling him. I can already see that now.

Since 10/11:

di Maria: 43/76 G/A in 201 Apps (170 starts) = 0.70 G/A per start
Nani: 38/40 G/A in 144 Apps (101 starts) = 0.77 G/A per start
Robben: 85/48 G/A in 146 Apps (130 starts) = 1.02 G/A per start
Ribery: 64/67 G/A in 184 Apps (158 starts) = 0.82 G/A per start
Hazard: 80/65 G/A in 248 Apps (215 starts) = 0.67 G/A per start
Silva: 39/64 G/A in 227 Apps (204 starts) = 0.50 G/A per start

Considering that both Nani and di Maria are the only standard wingers, and the fact that he played as an LCM in 13/14, I'd say he (and to some extent, Nani) hasn't been as "inconsistent" as the bandwagon constituents seem to be crying out every other day.

But yeah, inconsistent and numbers don't tell the story.

And?

They are both inconsistent and in large parts thats down to the risks they take when they have the ball. They can both tend to fluctuate between shit and sublime. And Nani is one of my favourite United players so it wasn't even a criticism.

I think the vast majority know he's leaving because he can't hack it in the PL so he's high tailing and sulking his way to go play in the crappy French league.

What's going to annoy me most is he will probably perform really well in the French league because the standard is so low the english media and rival fans will be taking the piss out of us for selling him. I can already see that now.
Yep. PSG will give him the role he was the best at for Real Madrid too, I think, next to Matuidi and Verratti but behind Lucas, Cavani and Zlatan.

Where did I say that?
Well you didn't really but I've noticed you have used this fact a few times to bolster your conviction of him being better than other people actually think he is. I'm not doubting the guy is supremely talented because he is and he wouldn't have a CV of clubs like he does if he was average; using the MotM stat though (and it's not only you who's done it) doesn't really mean anything, iirc Nicky Butt got it in 1999, maybe not officially but there are many who state he gave a performance worthy of such an accolade and was the driving force for Utd in that final. I get the feeling Di Maria has been spoiled in the past playing in a league where there are a handful (if that) of tough games where the weather is always nice and he's came here, felt his feet going numb for the first time since he was an U15 and people sliding in to get the ball off him and he's bricked it. He clearly doesn't like the competitive nature of the English game, he has no desire to adapt to a more physical approach and he wants to run away to another league where there is only going to be at most 2 winners of. Like I said a few days ago which got lost in a swathe of bitterness; he's a fanny.

Since 10/11:

di Maria: 43/76 G/A in 201 Apps (170 starts) = 0.70 G/A per start
Nani: 38/40 G/A in 144 Apps (101 starts) = 0.77 G/A per start
Robben: 85/48 G/A in 146 Apps (130 starts) = 1.02 G/A per start
Ribery: 64/67 G/A in 184 Apps (158 starts) = 0.82 G/A per start
Hazard: 80/65 G/A in 248 Apps (215 starts) = 0.67 G/A per start
Silva: 39/64 G/A in 227 Apps (204 starts) = 0.50 G/A per start

Considering that both Nani and di Maria are the only standard wingers, and the fact that he played as an LCM in 13/14, I'd say he (and to some extent, Nani) hasn't been as "inconsistent" as the bandwagon constituents seem to be crying out every other day.

But yeah, inconsistent and numbers don't tell the story.

Assists are often very misleading plus the fact that he's had Benzema and Ronaldo in his team (especially the latter) will always improve his numbers considerably. Likewise Hazard taking penalties for Chelsea adds to his tally.

:lol:

Fantastic? What nonsense. He was terrible.
Some huge revisionism going on about his pre-United performances. Aside from his performances for Real Madrid in 2013-14 in a new position he often disappointed.

This. He was inconsistent throughout his career bar that one season.
He really wasn't imo. In his third season at Real he was like Nani, but that's it. He had one world class season, but not only one good season. He was fantastic in his second year in Madrid and delivered more on a consistent level than for example Özil.
His debut season was good too and even the third one was much better than the shit he delivered in our shirt. He is not a 75m euros player but a very good player, even on the wing.
People saying he had only one good season, but it was rather only one bad season. It has a reason why he was a starter and important player in his 4 years at Real for Mourinho and Ancelotti.

Would be a shame if we lose him after only one year, but looks like there is no way back. Hope we get at least a lot of our money back and sign a top winger with it.

Ummm... did you forget the part that he was man of the match and the goal that put them into the lead was a direct result of his solo run through Atletico's defence?

That's being the MOTM in one match, Ronaldo took them to the final,people make it seem like he was their best player, but only reference the final.

Anything less than 45m minimum makes the club look like a sham to be honest. We should be looking to recoup what we paid for him or at least close to it.

:lol:

Fantastic? What nonsense. He was terrible.

Another fan fiction, he was also fantastic in the copa America because of his performance against Jamaica.

Di Maria hasn't been World class since the game against QPR and the CL final before that but people interprete it as "he was world class in the first half of the season" and "he carried Real Madrid in the 2013/14 season"

He was great for Benfica(considering his age) and really good for Madrid ( with a World Class season) so the "inconsistent throughout his career" talk is also false.

That's being the MOTM in one match, Ronaldo took them to the final,people make it seem like he was their best player, but only reference the final.

The CL final was the pinnacle of his season. He was brilliant throughout. He was also brilliant in their CL campaign, specifically the Dortmund game where he put in a terrific display.

Exactly this. feck the guy.

He was great for Benfica(considering his age) and really good for Madrid ( with a World Class season) so the "inconsistent throughout his career" talk is also false.

My point exactly. Like @akash02 says, players who take more risks are bound to be a hit and miss, they may be inconsistent but thats part of their game.

Ill make a reference to cricket, maybe some will understand. The more aggresive batsmen in cricket have always been somewhat inconsistent however that shouldnt lessen their contributions. Its part and parcel of their game.

The CL final was the pinnacle of his season. He was brilliant throughout. He was also brilliant in their CL campaign, specifically the Dortmund game where he put in a terrific display.

He missed the first leg due to a virus and it really didn't matter as it was all Ronaldo and Bale, he was terrible in the second leg (just like the rest of the team).

It's just a matter of time now isn't it. Didn't really get any positive vibes from him at all in his first season so good riddance.
All signings so far this window, especially feckme schweinsteiger, seem like they are over the moon to be at United.

He missed the first leg due to a virus and it really didn't matter as it was all Ronaldo and Bale, he was terrible in the second leg (just like the rest of the team).

Ah cool. Thanks for that. I must be confusing with a different game.

Of course it is but people like to have their "truth" that fits them. Now that he is most likely sold he was never really that good

Ummm... did you forget the part that he was man of the match and the goal that put them into the lead was a direct result of his solo run through Atletico's defence?
SHHHHHHHHH come on Di maria is complete trash now because he's leaving, he's always been trash. Only one good season, done feck all and been so overhyped he's only worth 30 mil tbh.

making the World 11 ? Hype
Ballon D'or nomination ? Hype
Goals and assists ? Hype (the assists don't count because they were all accidental mishit shots, all of them, even the ones before united)

We have young who's miles better anyway :wenger:

It seems we have some PSG supporters here. Otherwise I cannot understand the ultimate desire to sell a player of this quality.

If he wants out after a season here then fine, if he couldn't hack it then he's a coward and if his wife can't settle then it's unfortunate. Don't think any here would dispute that.

However, People acting like he's trash and never been good or has always been overrated need to calm down, his performances for us weren't stellar but he still had end product and with another season i feel could settle and do well. Too late for that now but lets be adults and not make silly suggestions about di maria's ability and pre united form.

Just makes us look sore beyond belief and the U-turning is slightly cringe. It's a bad thing that it didn't work out.

If he wants out after a season here then fine, if he couldn't hack it then he's a coward and if his wife can't settle then it's unfortunate. Don't think any here would dispute that.

However, People acting like he's trash and never been good or has always been overrated need to calm down, his performances for us weren't stellar but he still had end product and with another season i feel could settle and do well. Too late for that now but lets be adults and not make silly suggestions about di maria's ability and pre united form.

Just makes us look sore beyond belief and the U-turning is slightly cringe. It's a bad thing that it didn't work out.

I agree. He was great to watch during the honeymoon period especially that goal against Leicester :drool: He's definitely not overrated. We saw how fantastic he was during Madrid's La Decima season. Clearly he just didn't suit the PL. He was far too weak and maybe he just didn't want to hit the gym as he thought it may take away some aspects of his game.

Not once did I think he had improved when it came to adapting to the physicality of the PL and I do think that was his downfall - which lead him to being a permanent fixture on our bench. To be fair to me though, I've been slating him for months and I practically gave up on him for last season after his idiotic brainfart against Arsenal. I genuinely thought "Right well if he's staying, he can buck up next season. He deserves to be benched". I think a lot of people just aren't bothered with losing him as we clearly didn't see the best of him and there's a very good chance that we wouldn't see the best of him until he became more adapted to the PL - which isn't a given.

I'll remember him mainly for one of the stupidest moments I've ever seen from a United player...

Status
Not open for further replies.