Álvaro Fernandez | 2023/24 Performances

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
That post from Fab is from January. The permanent deal has not been completed and it is way too late in the season for him to trigger the automatic permanent transfer clause. All signs point to him being back this summer. He is of course going to be available for sale as are practically all of our players at this point but I do not think he will be staying at Benfica as it stands.
Interesting. I thought it was a done deal, but glad it's not.
Let's see if a new manager/coach (if we get one) can help him along with his development.

Lyng

Not sure United will ever play that system, depends on what personnel are brought in, but you never know, would love to see three or four academy players making it into the first team squad in the next season or two.

Good luck with your new manager, and players for next season, see you at Sixfields.
If Tuchel comes it might happen.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Wouldn't be surprised either but I see him as wing back in a 5-3-2 - would work well at someone like Leverkusen style system like their wingbacks do.

Revell is one of their own but I don't think he has the tactical acumen to cement it long term, similar to Ole for us, I think someone like Ainsworth or Lindsey are more likely to succeed.
Revell got the job then, what's your take on that?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Got an assist and a great rating yesterday in the rout of Arouca, stayed on for the full 90 for the 4th time in 5 games, seems to be really working his way into the starting XI

Based Adnan

Should have been given a shot this season over bringing Regulion in and definitely after sending Regulion back

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
absolute madness to be giving this lad away for peanuts - he'd be playing most weeks at the moment

Thankfully whoever made the January transfer window decisions has probably been sacked already

Nickelodeon

There’s something going behind the scenes in the medical department. It’s quite frustrating it’s not being shared with us. Otherwise what would’ve been the point to send him and Reguilon away.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don’t see why we needed to let him for such a nothing fee.

mancsarered

6m release clause is being triggered by Benfica. We have a buy-back clause.

Anyone watched his performances for them?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
6m release clause is being triggered by Benfica. We have a buy-back clause.

Anyone watched his performances for them?
Seen several full games this year and he impresses me so much in so many aspects, very attacking, able to dribble and has good passing and works well coming inside. Weakness is he often gets out sitting too high up and he isn't the best aerially but the getting caught part might be a tactical instruction. He may turn out not to be good enough but it seems a very unusual decision to not give him a proper run in the team considering our options.

lex talionis

Ridiculous player management by the club to let Alvaro go when we are so desperate for help at the LB position. He looks more than a decent prospect.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good deal. If he ends up being good, Benfica will squeeze the life out of whoever wants to sign him so we can get a chunk on the sell-on clause, and we have a buy-back anyway.

Bertie Wooster

Not happy with the low fee. I'm sure we (or more competent negotiators than we had at that point) could have got a higher one while still including a lot of the other stuff.

However I am happy about the sell on fee and, in particular, the buy back option. He's a mix of a player for a left back - tall but not too quick, and very good on the ball and going forward but only OK defensively. However there's the raw potential there for a good attacking left back / wing back and hopefully he'll develop well at Benfica over the next couple of years.

OleGunnar20

Not happy with the low fee. I'm sure we (or more competent negotiators than we had at that point) could have got a higher one while still including a lot of the other stuff.

However I am happy about the sell on fee and, in particular, the buy back option. He's a mix of a player for a left back - tall but not too quick, and very good on the ball and going forward but only OK defensively. However there's the raw potential there for a good attacking left back / wing back and hopefully he'll develop well at Benfica over the next couple of years.
Yeah, he is a weird profile of a player for a LB. Always looked more suited to CM, the little I watched of him in the youth teams but then I know feck all.

Has anyone seen it reported what the buy back amount is set at?

Dion

I'm sure they could, but I don't think it's an especially low fee for someone who was essentially a bit-part player for them. He had a run of games at the end of the season but he's far from their first choice.