Xavi Simons

Has an always crying expression. Do not want. Enough crybabies already with Sancho back as well
Came here to post this. He really seems like a cry baby. But he seems to be an interesting player although I don’t know enough about him.

Loan with buy option might be a good solution as someone else suggested.

Please share me your best lineup with Simons, Bayern don't have the same players as we do
So I don't have a definitive best lineup, as we should have a squad that's high quality and flexible for different tactical set ups. I think Simon's does a lot of his good work from the inside right position, so could be our RW in a 4-3-3

Garnacho/Rashford - Hojlund/Zirkzee - Simons

He can be either or the AMs in a 4-2-2-2

Simons - Zirkzee - Hojlund/Rashford - Bruno

Shaw, Dalot and whoever are their back ups would need to keep the width for this to be most effective.

All of this requires us to have a better and more mobile defensive structure in midfield to defend large spaces. I also think you can swap out a lot of players for whoever is fit/in form and he can also fit in other set ups like the split striker set up for the FA cup final.

He is better that Rashford on current form (although they're very different player), he's better than Amad in what he's proven, he's got better output than Garnacho and quite clearly better than Antony.

Do wonder how much playtime he would have had at the EC if the Dutch midfield wasn't almost all injured. I still think he s been good and I'm sure he will still develop more but he also seems to not be very press resistant and clearly needs someone like a De Jong or similar mid next to or behind him to create the freedom to float around the pitch.

De light was laughing stock for Juventus, basically like Maguire was for us for few years. Record money deal that finished in him scoring own goals every month there, have you even been watching him there?

Also he is not Bayern's best defender, all of Upamecano, Davies and Kimmich are better than him, probably Kim too. I am not sure he is even their first option when everyone is fit. And their defence isn't even spectacular either, Eric Dier plays as a defender there which says a lot, there is a reason they have finished third last season in BL. Bayern don't have financial reasons to sell unless they don't find him waste of space on his wages, because they could finance probably two better players for same wages.

Simons and Zirkzee aren't bad players, just not the players we need. We don't need to sign good talents just for the sake of it, we need striker who can score(Zirkzee is far from that), and Simons isn't someone we need on position he plays either, for that money he won't even improve us.

Eh, that is absolutely wrong? He was definitely not a laughing stock. He was mostly very good and one of the best players in the team, despite tough CB competition. 80 million euros and high wages for a CB is a bit too much, though, and it was reasonable to sell when he could be replaced for half. It seems to me that you didn't watch him.

De light was laughing stock for Juventus, basically like Maguire was for us for few years. Record money deal that finished in him scoring own goals every month there, have you even been watching him there?

Also he is not Bayern's best defender, all of Upamecano, Davies and Kimmich are better than him, probably Kim too. I am not sure he is even their first option when everyone is fit. And their defence isn't even spectacular either, Eric Dier plays as a defender there which says a lot, there is a reason they have finished third last season in BL. Bayern don't have financial reasons to sell unless they don't find him waste of space on his wages, because they could finance probably two better players for same wages.

Simons and Zirkzee aren't bad players, just not the players we need. We don't need to sign good talents just for the sake of it, we need striker who can score(Zirkzee is far from that), and Simons isn't someone we need on position he plays either, for that money he won't even improve us.
It’s a shame you typed up three paragraphs but absolutely nothing is correct especially the stuff about De Ligt and Bayern.

Yes, please.

One of the best U21 players in the world + it will rile up the anti-Dutch / anti-Eredivisie posters

He was even teammates with Branthwaite for 1 season at PSV, managed by van Nistelrooy. :lol: I hope we sign both of them tbh

But I think it will be tough to beat Bayern to his signature

Yes please, could/should be who we have in mind for Bruno's long term successor.

No clue why we went for Mount last summer if we've been working on Simons for over a year now...

would absolutely love to see Xavi Simmons at United....versatile player who could be the heir apparent to Bruno and he's miles better than Mount

Sancho, Antony and Pellistri would all need to find new clubs before United add another very expensive wide player.

Must be bollocks.

Overkill if Sancho's staying no? Unless Antony/Rashford leave.

Sancho, Antony and Pellistri would all need to find new clubs before United add another very expensive wide player.

Must be bollocks.

He shouldn't even play on the wing even though he can. He's way better as an attacking mid. Hope this news is false.

If we are switching to 4-3-3. I sure hope its true. He, Mainoo, Bruno and Mount would be a superb collection for them AM roles.
Overkill tbh, I have a sneaking feeling Fernandes might be leaving, there were rumours of it earlier on in the window that went a bit quiet but if we’re going for the next big thing in his position it makes you wonder if something else is going on.

If we are switching to 4-3-3. I sure hope its true. He, Mainoo, Bruno and Mount would be a superb collection for them AM roles.

Discount Mainoo in that role as that is incomprehensibly dumb given the composition of our midfield.

So 3 very good and expensive players for 1 position whilst we are lacking in others?

Feels like a genius move.

Unless you have access to a time machine and can sign 27 years old Kante who was basically two players in one, that setup would end in a disaster.

If ten Hag tries that 4-1-5 insanity again regardless of who we sign he would be gone by Christmas, imo.

you could play mainoo bruno and xavi easily together with Xavi on the wing defensively but with the ball you slid him into the second 10 and let Dalot play the wing similar to what Bayer does with Frimpong into that 3241 on the ball

Please god no Simmons for the only reason of his depressing facial expression. He has almost Foden level of unlikable facial expression...

Don’t see where he fits in unless Mount is sold. Backup AM seems like it shouldn’t be high on our priority list.

Unless you have access to a time machine and can sign 27 years old Kante who was basically two players in one, that setup would end in a disaster.

If ten Hag tries that 4-1-5 insanity again regardless of who we sign he would be gone by Christmas, imo.
There is a reason why we are targeting a player like Ugarte rather than sticking with a slow poke like Casemiro. I don't honestly get why peoole think it impossible to play as a sole pivot in the EPL. Fernandinho did it. So did Fabinho. What matters is having a crop of CBS that can consistently keep a high line so that there are always 3 connected players at the base of the rest defence whenever you engage in a high press. We never had that at any point last season .

Would seem a strange transfer, I always thought Amad could play a similar role.

The problem is that for whatever reason at the time, Amad never actually plays football.

His game time over the last few years is appalling
Yeah that has been really frustrating, Incan only hope these rumours of Antony going out on loan and Amad being lined up for a more prominent role in the team are true because I think there is a quality player in there.

Yeah that has been really frustrating, Incan only hope these rumours of Antony going out on loan and Amad being lined up for a more prominent role in the team are true because I think there is a quality player in there.
I’d definitely agree. Hope to see him get a proper chance before we make a decision on the next contract (which will probably be coming up soon)