WSL 24/25 | Everton v United - 2pm Sun 29 Sept

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
While United were beating West Ham 3-0, Everton were losing 4-0 to Brighton. They finished eighth last year and like the rest of the club, they're hoping for the best while they're waiting for new owners.

Last season they were ok defensively but struggled for goals - so I'm not quite sure what to make of them losing 4-0 in the opening match. Probably best not to take that result too seriously - they'll still make us work for it.

They moved from their windswept stadium in Southport to a windswept stadium not far from Goodison Park in 2020, but with a capacity of 2200 Walton Hall Park it's unlikely to be rocking with fans on Sunday.

So, very much up to United to brighten up the occasion.

Last season they were ok defensively but struggled for goals - so I'm not quite sure what to make of them losing 4-0 in the opening match. Probably best not to take that result too seriously - they'll still make us work for it.
I think that 4-0 result tells us a lot more about a Brighton squad that should be much improved after some impressive signings than it does about Everton. I guess we'll find out this weekend....

I think that 4-0 result tells us a lot more about a Brighton squad that should be much improved after some impressive signings than it does about Everton. I guess we'll find out this weekend....
You're right about Brighton's signings. Hard to get past the instant impact made by Kiko Seike with a hat trick on her debut. Fran Kirby is always going to be an advantage if she can stay fit. Nikita Parris should be good for them as well.

I've only seen a few minutes highlights so I've no idea what went on with Everton except they looked wide open for a couple of the goals. Galli went off with a knee injury as well and according to the manager it could be a bad one. Not a good day for them at all.

You're right about Brighton's signings. Hard to get past the instant impact made by Kiko Seike with a hat trick on her debut. Fran Kirby is always going to be an advantage if she can stay fit. Nikita Parris should be good for them as well.

I've only seen a few minutes highlights so I've no idea what went on with Everton except they looked wide open for a couple of the goals. Galli went off with a knee injury as well and according to the manager it could be a bad one. Not a good day for them at all.
I didn't realise Everton's ground was so tiny. They managed to finish 8th last year yet only won 6 games, 5 of those were away from home. Their highest attendance was a little over 9000 against Liverpool at Goodison (0-0) Anyway, they really should be doing better.

We ought to be beating them easily, as we did last year. As for Brighton, they have strengthened well and will cause a few upsets this year.

Hope we also make a statement and win 4-0.
Progress for me will be looking comfortable against lower ranking teams and taking points from last seasons top three.
We struggled on both counts last season.

Hope we also make a statement and win 4-0.
Progress for me will be looking comfortable against lower ranking teams and taking points from last seasons top three.
We struggled on both counts last season.

Yeeess, let's smash Everton! Very much enjoyed the Conti Cup demolition last season, another one of those would do just nicely!