WSL 24/25 | Brighton v United - 12:30 on Sat 19 Oct

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
According to Marc Skinner's press conference:
Geyse may be back this weekend.
Rivière is doubtful.
Malard may be ready for the Arsenal match (immediately after the international break)
Sandberg is 5 weeks + away from playing

So what do we know about Brighton? Well, Terland who was their top scorer last season now plays for us. Parris who scored some key goals for us, now plays for Brighton. Maria Thorisdottir joined them last season.

We're also up against one of my favourite female players from before United women existed - Fran Kirby. In midfield, Vicky Losada was a key player for Barcelona and has the medals to match, but she's also won trophies with Arsenal, City and Roma.

Last season was a poor one for Brighton but this one has started better. They lost 1-0 to City but they've won all their other games and they will score if we give them too many chances.

The match is at the Amex and it's live on the WSL YouTube channel.

According to Marc Skinner's press conference:
Geyse may be back this weekend.
Rivière is doubtful.
Malard may be ready for the Arsenal match (immediately after the international break)
Sandberg is 5 weeks + away from playing

So what do we know about Brighton? Well, Terland who was their top scorer last season now plays for us. Parris who scored some key goals for us, now plays for Brighton. Maria Thorisdottir joined them last season.

We're also up against one of my favourite female players from before United women existed - Fran Kirby. In midfield, Vicky Losada was a key player for Barcelona and has the medals to match, but she's also won trophies with Arsenal, City and Roma.

Last season was a poor one for Brighton but this one has started better. They lost 1-0 to City but they've won all their other games and they will score if we give them too many chances.

The match is at the Amex and it's live on the WSL YouTube channel.
Yea, I remember watching Kirby when she was like 20 or so, such and elegant player. With Losada they have some really good players and it’s no wonder they’re doing well. They’re gonna be well riled at the Amcar Stadium.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but I'm quietly confident Brighton won't score with Phallon between the sticks. The Maya/Millie/Dominique triangle has worked very well in stifling clear cut chances so far this season as well.

Spurs were amongst the league's top scorers going in to last week's game, so of we can keep them quiet .... Question is, can we score? Which United shows up? Despite only having the one LSV league game this season we oddly haven't been on the road much so far so it is difficult to say how our away form stacks up. It was a tough game last season, late equaliser needed for a 2-2, but I think we are better now. Remains to be seen if Brighton are too.