WSL 2023-2024 | NewCo | Matchday Chat

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On the topic of leaving, Mjelde is leaving Chelsea. She’s a real club legend.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On the topic of leaving, Mjelde is leaving Chelsea. She’s a real club legend.

It felt kinda obvious once Mjelde was leaving that Kirby would be too. Probably my number one favourite player on the team the last decade. What a player she was in her prime. Such a shame injuries decimated the last few years of her career at Chelsea.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It felt kinda obvious once Mjelde was leaving that Kirby would be too. Probably my number one favourite player on the team the last decade. What a player she was in her prime. Such a shame injuries decimated the last few years of her career at Chelsea.

A favorite player of mine too (except when she played United obviously). Not a surprise, but this season definitely has an end of an era feeling to it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A favorite player of mine too (except when she played United obviously). Not a surprise, but this season definitely has an end of an era feeling to it.
The league feels like it’s gone now, though things could change. With Hayes leaving and a couple of legends following her out of the club as well as Ericsson and Harder leaving last summer and the goalie Berger also leaving this summer, it definitely has that end of an era feel. Next season will be an interesting one.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Man City 1-0 up against Arsenal. As it stands they need one single point to win the title. They’ve got a comfy lead in goal difference but I wouldn’t put it past Chelsea to score ten against Bristol City.

top1whoisman

Scout
If Chelsea get a big win tonight the momentum is on their side again. What a week in the title race.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yep. And with the form United are in we won't be immune if Chelsea need goals at Old Trafford.
Indeed. It’s a big one tonight though in my opinion. I’m pretty sure they’ll beat both us and Spurs, but going into those matches being as close to City in goal difference as possible would be a huge boost for them.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Indeed. It’s a big one tonight though in my opinion. I’m pretty sure they’ll beat both us and Spurs, but going into those matches being as close to City in goal difference as possible would be a huge boost for them.
Bristol really are going to be up against it tonight. It's a brutal mismatch really both in terms of resources and their league positions. Just for comparison Chelsea have 46 points and a GD of 38 while Bristol have 6 points and a GD of -38.

In budget terms Chelsea's is at least ten times Bristol's. Bristol were hoping to rely on some good loan deals this season but injuries including to loan players really sealed their fate.

City have a GD of +45.

Scanny

I’m concerned United will get battered by Chelsea going for the league last game of the season.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Willie Kirk on getting sacked by Leicester and wanting to continue working in women's football.

He got fired for getting into a relationship with one of his players. The article is basically him admitting he did something wrong but defending himself from the idea that what he did was predatory or a form of sexism harassment.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

A player that I always expect to score against United so I'm not pleased to see the City link. Not sure if she's come back 100% from her ACL injury yet but she soon started scoring goals again.
I guess the hope there would be that Shaw makes it look an unappealing prospect for her.