Would you take...

Spoony

The People's President
2nd place this season before nailing the title the year after?

One more win. And we're hot. There's no reason we can't make it 2 on the trot in the league. Next thing you know 2 becomes 3.

Last edited:

One more win. And we're hot. There's no reason we can't make it 2 on the trot in league. Next thing you know 2 becomes 3.

You do realise this is a Manchester United forum? We’ve more chance of winning the Championship next year.

It would to be fair, be nice to see us get some big scoring wins again as well.

During our season in div 2 we had the best attendances in the country. Imagine being relegated and pummelling City's gates (and everyone elses for that matter) in the Championship.

I'm liking that idea.

During our season in div 2 we had the best attendances in the country. Imagine being relegated and pummelling City's gates (and everyone elses for that matter) in the Championship.

I'm liking that idea.
My dad's always maintained that other than the Treble in 99, that 74/75 season in division 2 was his favourite season as a matchgoing red.

One more win. And we're hot. There's no reason we can't make it 2 on the trot in the league. Next thing you know 2 becomes 3.
Unless it gets to 7 or 8 in a row we're battling for a late go at 6th.

West ham next Sunday
Just been hammered by their north London rivals .
There will be no trust processing next Sunday I feel

Weird

I didn't see the Brentford game, but we've 100% turned a corner now.

Genuinely can't see us losing another game for a while.

2nd place is nailed on TBF.

I didn't see the Brentford game, but we've 100% turned a corner now.

Genuinely can't see us losing another game for a while.

2nd place is nailed on TBF.
Tagline checks out :smirk:

Last edited:

Would you take 2nd now if it meant finishing runners up to Liverpool.

We have been so shit for so long that we are actually considering a year in the championship just to feel like the best again?

I really hope this is a joke

My dad's always maintained that other than the Treble in 99, that 74/75 season in division 2 was his favourite season as a matchgoing red.

I've got a theory that Norwich city fans or similar perennial yo-yo clubs have the best experience as fans. One year smashing everyone around the championship before a season of seeing some of the biggest teams in the world playing against you, then getting relegated and it all starting again.

That's what I've heard too. The football was great to watch and all.
My MUFC mates at school actually persuaded me to go to Craven Cottage to see Utd play Fulham . I have a memory that Willie Morgan played well. I'm not sure but Bobby Moore may have been playing for Fulham that day. It was a memorable day and the number of Utd fans was huge. Utd did win and I think Morgan may have scored twice.

Are you drunk?

My MUFC mates at school actually persuaded me to go to Craven Cottage to see Utd play Fulham . I have a memory that Willie Morgan played well. I'm not sure but Bobby Moore may have been playing for Fulham that day. It was a memorable day and the number of Utd fans was huge. Utd did win and I think Morgan may have scored twice.

Division 2?

When’s the last time we won 3 league games in a row? :lol: Let’s be realistic. We probably lose to WH next week

I assume 2nd means 2nd from top of the bottom half because you’d have to be on the ale if you think we’re finishing within two places of 2nd in the Prem.

That's what I've heard too. The football was great to watch and all.
My dad always said the same, too. He kinda lost interest in United after Fergie, which says everything because supporting United to him wasn't about the success we eventually had again under Fergie. His favourite time was us in division 2! It just became too big of a circus to follow for him I think. He still supports United, but the passion has gone.

I’ll have what you’re having :lol:

Our PPG in the league this year is 1.375, on track for a 9th-10th place finish vs last years dizzying heights of 8th place.

Maybe we should focus on Europe. Oh, we haven’t won a game in Europe for a whole year (4 draws, 2 losses).