Date of Birth: Feb 17, 2003
Nationality: England
189.png

Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Jun 29, 2022​

Fun fact about this lad: up until tonight he played 4 times against Rangers and lost all 4 matches. So it's nice to see him finally breaking the duck.

Stats from Scotland are actually very good for a young CB. Hadnt followed him or looked at it because in previous years when he played in the reserves he made some ball playing and concentration errors and I didnt think he would be in the running for the first team, but he scored 3 goals for Hibs in his first season with headers and another 1 last year, makes a lot of interceptions and doesnt mind a tackle either. Clears the ball and strong in the air. Hope his ankle injury isnt too bad so he's available when we have chances to play at CB

He seems to have that Lindelof ability of not actually doing much defending. Really barely involved in games.

He seems to have that Lindelof ability of not actually doing much defending. Really barely involved in games.
If they aren't doing much defending then that's usually a good thing. If they are looking shit while defending that's a different thing completely, don't think they are similar anyway.

He is not remotely like Lindelof. I don’t think he is good enough to make it here but his performances for Hibs show him to be a proactive and physical defender.

If they aren't doing much defending then that's usually a good thing. If they are looking shit while defending that's a different thing completely, don't think they are similar anyway.

I didn't say they were similar guys, just that Will seems to leave most of the actual defending to his CB partner. As does Lindelof.

I've seen him quite a bit for Hibs.

He's nowhere near good enough.

Guess the injury didn't rule him out of a transfer after all. Cardiff is a beautiful city - spent 3 days there this summer :)

Surprised to read that he had a few potential suitors in the championship.

I've not followed his loans closely but seems he struggled to force his way into the Stockport squad on his first spell. Then since then he has just been to hibs twice. Maybe I'm not giving hibs enough credit there.

Good move for the lad anyway and I hope it works out for him.

Surprised to read that he had a few potential suitors in the championship.

I've not followed his loans closely but seems he struggled to force his way into the Stockport squad on his first spell. Then since then he has just been to hibs twice. Maybe I'm not giving hibs enough credit there.

Good move for the lad anyway and I hope it works out for him.

HIbs are a solid SPL side and he was a nailed on starter in his time there which would indicate he impressed in what is a very physical league. He was very young when he went to Stockport and there was no real indication the manager there was that interested in using him at the expense of his own hand picked players. He is still developing and the 18 months of regular SPL football should have him more than ready for a role in a Championship squad.

HIbs are a solid SPL side and he was a nailed on starter in his time there which would indicate he impressed in what is a very physical league. He was very young when he went to Stockport and there was no real indication the manager there was that interested in using him at the expense of his own hand picked players. He is still developing and the 18 months of regular SPL football should have him more than ready for a role in a Championship squad.
Oh I have no doubt he impressed given he had two spells. I'm just surprised he ended up there in consecutive seasons as I think the championship is a stronger competition (sorry spl fans) and thought he may have progressed towards a loan there. Obviously he must have done well if a number of championship clubs came looking him this summer.

Plus it's a very tough and physical league compared to the championship so I'm sure the physicality likely helped alot too.

As I said before. Hope it works out well and wish him all the best. Will be adding Cardiff to a long list of clubs to keep an eye out on.