What are your favorite or iconic NT kits?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
For me, there are 3 NT kits that have always been recognizable and iconic:
  • Dutch orange
  • Brazilian yellow
  • Argentinian blue-white stripes
If I don't see these kits during the World Cup, it's not a complete World Cup.

Ryan_Giggs_31614070302607_medium.jpg

The Nigeria one a few years ago was an absolute belter of a kit.

Most iconic for me are kits you can identify to the nation without seeing the badge. Most kits, change the badge and it could be one of numerous teams' kit. Germany '90 with the three stripes, any Brazil full kit, yellow shirt green trim, blue shorts and white socks, any Dutch orange shirt, Croatian red and white checks, and Argentina blue and white stripes. Italy a slight exception to the rule as their badge is so identifiable from a distance, and is essentially just the Italian flag, that it transforms any kit into a distinctly Italian kit.

Favourite may be Dutch recent black away kit. I love a black kit with bright/sharp colour trim. And the orange made it distinctly Dutch, too.

far from iconic, but certainly among my favorite ones:

Deportivo 99-04
Betis
Boca Juniors
Boavista
Parma 1999

Greatest one ever was Holland 1988 - instantly recognisable by the majority of football fans around the world and they'll know when it was worn (helped by the millions and millions of views of MVB's volley)

Other NT ones I truly couldn't put a year on most of them

One of the main reasons I was happy they made the last World Cup. This was always iconic to me growing up and watching the World Cups.

82TokMq.jpg

PERU 2018

70s italy. When other countries started modernizing their kits with makers logos and shadows and shit. Italy kept it traditional the longest.

I wore this England 1999-00 Away shirt back in the day, I loved it because whenever I wore it and went out to play footie with the lads, my team always won and I always scored, it didn't last long though as I was playing with it a lot, just had it for a year/15 months.

Wasn't original though, probably a cheaply made replica, but it was the exact same design as the photo above.

Also, I was the only England supporter in my neighborhood, most guys supported Italy, Netherlands & Brazil, also some supported Argentina, and 1 or 2 lads I knew supported Germany, strangely no one I know supported France, but in 1998, all Brazil haters supported France in that final and celebrated like crazy

One of the main reasons I was happy they made the last World Cup. This was always iconic to me growing up and watching the World Cups.

82TokMq.jpg

PERU 2018
That's such a beautiful kit. River Plate without the advertising.

Denmark 86 is right up there as well.

I wore this England 1999-00 Away shirt back in the day, I loved it because whenever I wore it and went out to play footie with the lads, my team always won and I always scored, it didn't last long though as I was playing with it a lot, just had it for a year/15 months.

Wasn't original though, probably a cheaply made replica, but it was the exact same design as the photo above.

Also, I was the only England supporter in my neighborhood, most guys supported Italy, Netherlands & Brazil, also some supported Argentina, and 1 or 2 lads I knew supported Germany, strangely no one I know supported France, but in 1998, all Brazil haters supported France in that final and celebrated like crazy

I had that England shirt. I wore it to the pub for England vs Germany, the last ever match at Wembley, I was 11. Anyway there were so many cigarettes being smoked in that pub over the course of those two hours, I was literally never able to get the stale stench of tobacco out of the shirt and had to eventually throw it away.