Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
£21.3m for Carvalho? Surely we should be in there?

Apparently we aren't interested, there has to be more in it, they recently lowered his price as no-one was interested, Arsenal were supposed to be talking to them but have now pulled out, something must be going on, huge agent fees? Injury? Wage demands? Clauses? who knows..

Signing Vidal and giving them Hernandez makes so much sense. If that happen it would be our best ever transfer window

A fit Aguero is better.

To be fair, I think they're on a similar level, but fact is in Spain they both played outisde the top 3 and Falcao has outscored him in a season but the PL is different, and a fit Aguero isn't what Man City have or what Aguero is, should that change fair enough but I expect Falcao to outscore any City player while in their team..

Redknapp signing Diarra. He's almost trying too hard to live up to his rep at times. Harody Redknapp.

We are seriously boned if we do not strengthen in central midfield areas.

What???? Blind,Herrera and Di Maria don't play in goal you know!

Those 3 could be picked for most games... How is that not strengthening?
Back ups of Mata, Fletcher, Anderson, Carrick...
Jones could do a job in there too if needed. With so few games this season that looks to be a decent midfield now.

There's no way we would let Kagawa go back for that cheap without some sort of add on. First option on a player, agreement of a fee next summer for Hummels, keeping his image rights for shirt sales, the option to buy back if he comes good again. Who knows! But we wouldn't just let him walk out of here for less than Cleverly.

Thats nothing more than wishfull thinking. We have never ever done deals under the current regime, which bind our hands for the future. We either buy players (either directly or via loan with buy clause) fully or don´t buy them at all. If Hummels would have already expressed his desire to leave in the near future, he would have never been selected as first captain by Klopp. A rebuy clause makes also no sense, because one of the key reasons why Kagawa was never able to reach his personal top form were the severe differences in play style between Dortmund and United. Same with the marketing rights, because we will expand our marketing heavily towards Asia (we will open an office in Singapore in October).

If the fee for Kagawa will end up somewhere between 8-10 Mil. €, then it will certainly be cheap, but there are multiple factors pushing the price down here. Van Gaal has appearantly no use for Kagawa anymore so the logical consequense is to get him off the wage bill. Meanwhile Kagawa does want to leave, but made it clear according to sources close to Dortmund that he only wants to us (turned down any advances from Spain, is willing to take a pay cut, has already agreed personal terms), so we have no competition. On top of that both our DoF Zorc and CEO Watzke have the reputation of being highly competent and hard negotiators with other clubs who pay very rarely over the odds and will certainly make full use of our very comfortable position in these talks.

Even before today's shambles, some of the posts saying we've had an 'excellent' summer window if Blind is the conclusion beggar belief.

I really hope we're in for another midfielder, preferably a proven quality one, but even if not that, then one with the potential to be something special in future.

Even before today's shambles, some of the posts saying we've had an 'excellent' summer window if Blind is the conclusion beggar belief.

I really hope we're in for another midfielder, preferably a proven quality one, but even if not that, then one with the potential to be something special in future.

3 of the 4 players we have signed weren't on the pitch at all, the 4th had very good game and it was his first one. So, I don't understand what you mean here.

3 of the 4 players we have signed weren't on the pitch at all, the 4th had very good game and it was his first one. So, I don't understand what you mean here.
We shouldn't have some of the stand-ins anywhere near the bench.

Today is by no means a likely anomaly where we've got a number of players out at the same time. Fletcher, Anderson et al should be a cameo set of players at best.

If we purchase another midfielder (after Blind), that makes it so, if not, the likelihood of whoever remains getting plenty of game time is high, too high for a club with our aspirations.

We shouldn't have some of the stand-ins anywhere near the bench.

Today is by no means a likely anomaly where we've got a number of players out at the same time. Fletcher, Anderson et al should be a cameo players at best.

If we purchase another midfielder (after Blind), that makes it so, if not, the likelihood of whoever remains getting plenty of game time is high, too high for a club with our aspirations.

We have lot of players injured. Shaw/Rojo would have been first choice ahead of Young. Herrera instead of Fletcher would have added dynamism in midfield. Who knows, with Blind in, we might change to 4-3-3 either from start or in-game going forward. Today we didn't have options on bench to change to 4-3-3. Our poor performances and feeling of great transfer window are mutually exclusive things. Unless all our 5 players play regularly in team, we won't know if our overhaul of squad has worked or not. So far, otherwise, it has been great transfer window with we getting players in needed areas. 1CB/LB, 1CDM/LB, 1 LB, 1Winger/Pacey CM, 1CM. We can still do with one more quality CM but transfer window wise, it has been good.

We have lot of players injured. Shaw/Rojo would have been first choice ahead of Young. Herrera instead of Fletcher would have added dynamism in midfield. Who knows, with Blind in, we might change to 4-3-3 either from start or in-game going forward. Today we didn't have options on bench to change to 4-3-3. Our poor performances and feeling of great transfer window are mutually exclusive things. Unless all our 5 players play regularly in team, we won't know if our overhaul of squad has worked or not. So far, otherwise, it has been great transfer window with we getting players in needed areas. 1CB/LB, 1CDM/LB, 1 LB, 1Winger/Pacey CM, 1CM. We can still do with one more quality CM but transfer window wise, it has been good.
We always have a lot of players injured, and it's been that way for a good few seasons now. What we've tended to have in the past is a very strong first xi with a lot of highly competent substitutes supplementing them, so much so that the machine would keep rolling if a top player or two was out for a period of time. We don't have that now, but we could move toward it with the addition of another midfielder.

'Excellent' and 'great' are loftier superlatives than 'good'. We've had a good window, at best, imo, and I've not made that conclusion off the back of what we've just seen. I made a post this morning in here, actually.

We've done some of what we've needed to do to get ourselves back in contention for a top 4 slot, but I have my doubts it's enough considering our fall-back options.

If we're done for the window, do you think our midfield unit is par or above that of Liverpool or Arsenal, who we're most likely looking to contend for 4th spot with?

Status
Not open for further replies.