Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should try with counter-arguments instead of this arrogance. What is to ridiculously outlandish about what I said?

Do you believe Rojo is a better CB than Vidic?

Do you believe Shaw/Blind are considerably better right here and now than Evra?

Do you think Herrera is the world-class midfielder we had all been crying out for?

I've acknowledged that we are stronger but for 150 million, I'm sorry, but I had expected a bit more.

We've just signed Shaw, Herrera, di Maria, Rojo and Blind. That's a pretty fantastic window, you're entitled to your opinion but to me it seems bizarre that there's people who are underwhelmed.

Patience.

Replacing Vidic and Rio with Rojo leaves us weaker in defence. Replacing Evra and Büttner with Blind and Shaw at left-back leaves us overall stronger, though I still feel Evra may be the best left-back out of those four right now.

In midfield we've lost Giggs and bought Herrera. We're definitely strengthened but not as much as I had hoped and the jury is still out regarding how good Herrera actually is.

Then on the wings we've lost Nani and bought Di Maria. Massively strengthened here, wonderful.

But apart from that position, I had expected us to strengthen us more. The fact that we've overpaid to the extreme for most of the players we've bought and sold players for charity fees doesn't help.

But I guess this is just as good as it gets for a non-CL side.

The midfield is immeasurably better because Di Maria can play there also, so we have gone from Carrick (still class), Cleverley, and Fellaini, to Blind, Herrera, & Di Maria.

The defence has massive potential, but is so young, and right now a mess, just hope LvG gets this sorted quick, such a shame Vidic jumped ship so early, reckon he'd have stayed if he'd have known what was going to happen with Moyes.

Overall I am pleased with our business, I think we have a much stronger first team, but maybe weaker backup players in certain positions.

Unrealistic to expect it to sorted in one window, and I just hope we have the money left for next summer.

City signing Falcao doesn't bother me. They can only play 11 men anyway and they already have a plethora of top quality players up front. I think they're a better side with Dzeko playing and then you've got the unbelievable Aguero, the newly in-form Jovetic and Falcao to fit in? Good luck.

The window hasn't been poor at all. The timing and the prices we've paid for the players are definitely up for criticism but the quality of the players has been great. If you were told at the start of the summer we'd be signing Angel di Maria, Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind whilst getting rid of most of the deadwood, would you not be happy? I'm very pleased.

Vidic now is not Vidic of 5 years ago. His last season for United was not as good as people make it out to be.

No doubt about that, Vidic is slowly declining, but I still have a hard time believing that in this season, Rojo will be an improvement on him.

Ditto Evra. He was responsible for a truckload of goals last season. Shaw/Blind can only improve while Evra is on the decline. Are you advocating keeping Evra instead of buying Shaw?

No, I'm not, although I actually think Evra's last season was one of his better ones in recent years. Evra is on the wane but he would have been nice to have around. Shaw will be a huge long-term asset for us but let's not forget we have to get back into the top-4 this season, and we have a team that finished seventh last season. Long-term is not good enough, we had to improve our squad and starting XI considerably. We have improved but is it enough? Time will tell.

Herrera by himself? No he won't solve the midfield problem, but he's one piece of the puzzle.

Yep, and he's probably a very good player but going into this transfer window, if you asked 1.000 United fans what kind of signing they wanted, you would only get one answer: a world-class CM. We haven't bought one.

I don't know what else you expect. We've addressed the majority of issues we had: LB, CB, winger, CM and a DM. Did you expect Ronaldo as well?

Like I said, it's probably just very difficult for a non-CL side to do more than what we've done but for the money we've spent, you really should improve your starting XI more than we've done.

Signed Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Herrera and Di Maria and some people think we've had a poor window? :wenger:

Exactly it's a bit mad really, last two windows we have bought Chelsea's player of the year, Real Madrid's best player last season (allegedly), the best young left back this country has seen for a long time, and the Dutch leagues player of the year, plus a multi talented Spanish midfielder.

We still need more yes, but we have taken massive steps to sorting out the mess we are in.

No doubt about that, Vidic is slowly declining, but I still have a hard time believing that in this season, Rojo will be an improvement on him.

No, I'm not, although I actually think Evra's last season was one of his better ones in recent years. Evra is on the wane but he would have been nice to have around. Shaw will be a huge long-term asset for us but let's not forget we have to get back into the top-4 this season, and we have a team that finished seventh last season. Long-term is not good enough, we had to improve our squad and starting XI considerably. We have improved but is it enough? Time will tell.

Yep, and he's probably a very good player but going into this transfer window, if you asked 1.000 United fans what kind of signing they wanted, you would only get one answer: a world-class CM. We haven't bought one.

Like I said, it's probably just very difficult for a non-CL side to do more than what we've done but for the money we've spent, you really should improve your starting XI more than we've done.
Have you watched Rojo before? Why don't you make judgement after he's played a few games.

I think you'll find that Evra was the one who wanted to leave. And no, I disagree that Evra's last season was one of his better ones. Shaw has had two full PL seasons under his belt and had performed well enough to suggest that he's more than capable of being first choice LB in a team that needs to make top 4. Would a more experienced LB be better? Perhaps. Hard to say.

Not sure what you mean with 'for the money we've spent'. Prices are inflated, can't do anything about that. Us not being in the CL, along with the fact that everyone knows we're desperate and have a lot of cash to spend, inevitably means we have to pay a premium. Also, the fact that we're Manchester United also adds to the fee. This has always been the case even before this season.

Do I want another world class CM? Of course. Kroos and Vidal were the big names we were linked with. We had no chance once Madrid set their eyes on Kroos and by all accounts, United are worried about Vidal's knee as they don't want Hargreaves 2.0.

City signing Falcao doesn't bother me. They can only play 11 men anyway and they already have a plethora of top quality players up front. I think they're a better side with Dzeko playing and then you've got the unbelievable Aguero, the newly in-form Jovetic and Falcao to fit in? Good luck.

:lol:

The window hasn't been poor at all. The timing and the prices we've paid for the players are definitely up for criticism but the quality of the players has been great. If you were told at the start of the summer we'd be signing Angel di Maria, Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind whilst getting rid of most of the deadwood, would you not be happy? I'm very pleased.
The window definitely hasn't been poor, but it definitely also hasn't been pleasing imo. We need a top midfield player badly and maybe we will see one in the next few days.

if this is true its about bloody time someone went after this player. if we didnt get vidal we should have shown interest. he isnt world class but hes capable of being in that category.

Perhaps you should try with counter-arguments instead of this arrogance. What is to ridiculously outlandish about what I said?

Do you think Herrera is the world-class midfielder we had all been crying out for?

I've acknowledged that we are stronger but for 150 million, I'm sorry, but I had expected a bit more.

I think they are all on a par atleast with last seasons Vidic & Evra, whether they can match those players at their best is to be seen. Remeber when we signed Vidic and Evra they were not the finished article, neither were world stars, there is a reason why they cost less then 15 million combined

How does he know he's a good player if he doesn't even know his best position? Journalism.

The guys on MUTV just said he is a left back / left centre back... As others have said on here, surely will be a midfielder for us.

How does he know he's a good player if he doesn't even know his best position? Journalism.

They've all been at it recently, ex-players as well. You'll hear people asking why we've signed three left backs after this, because they haven't got a bloody clue that Blind and Rojo played different positions for their clubs.

:lol:

Falcao
Aguero
Jovetic/Dzeko

He's better than anything they have, probably a better "striker" than Rooney and equal with RVP

1) Rojo is not as good as Vidic but last year Vidic wasn't as good as Vidic either.

2) Yes, easily. Evra's a sweetheart here and has gotten away with murder over the last 18 months but plain and simple, he's been very shit in that time. I love him and thought he was brilliant in the past but he just hasn't been there of late.

3) Herrera is not the only player we've signed to play midfield is he? We've also signed Di Maria, who enjoyed his best ever season playing in midfield, and Blind who is an actual DM, not a LB but he can play there.

£21.3m for Carvalho? Surely we should be in there?

So we have nearly completed the Instagram pic that Rojo liked just Vidal to go, we have talk of strootman and have bought blind, should put pressure on juve to let us buy him with performance related clauses, if they are not stupid. They can sell pogba next year but Vidal will be cheaper then, and have lost value, his chance to go is this year. But he has ruined it by rushing for a world cup Chile was never going to win

Status
Not open for further replies.