Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woody spoiled us, after each and every signing, we are all saying "1 or 2 more signings and we are good". We are being greedy. :D

No one could even dream of five signings in May, let alone 8 or 10 departures!

All that means is that he's not currently aware of any other incoming transfer activity..

Strootman and Vidal isn't the same because Strootman wasn't rushed back into football a week after his surgery.
Plus, Strootman is younger and likely to demand lesser wages. LvG knows his qualities better, he also knows his medical prognosis better.

All that means is that he's not currently aware of any other incoming transfer activity..
:lol: Pretty much.

2 million euro loan fee plus 17 euro to buy option.

I don't think he'll play every week for that Juve team so in that case he'd either be back next summer or we'd end up negotiating a much lower price with them. Unless they're obliged to buy him for they figure next summer it's a bit rubbish.

So we may not sign anyone else, but we actually may do?

Wonderful insight from the muppet slayer.

For all the abuse Jackson gets it looks to me like we're briefing that we're probably done.

Have to say if that's us done then that's a slightly underwhelming window, with the exception of Di Maria.

For all the abuse Jackson gets it looks to me like we're briefing that we're probably done.

Briefings they report like "indications from United are that their business for the summer are finished etc..". This seems more guesswork on his part.

Briefings they report like "indications from United are that their business for the summer are finished etc..". This seems more guesswork on his part.
Seems to me to be in keeping with what he said. Likely finished but if something comes up they'll go in for them. Of course we might be steering him wrong but given how many places have reported something along those lines, or that we'll wait for Strootman, it looks like the club have been talking.

Strootman and Vidal isn't the same because Strootman wasn't rushed back into football a week after his surgery.

But one is more at the "sore knee" end of the scale, and the other is at the "colossal potential career ending" end!

Have to say if that's us done then that's a slightly underwhelming window, with the exception of Di Maria.

Christ.

We have had a terrific window, just need them all fit and to gel now. Plus get rid of the deadwood.

Who were you expecting?!

Or are you one of the people who have spent months in the Vidal thread despite the club denying it time after time.

That said we do need a world class midfielder!

But one is more at the "sore knee" end of the scale, and the other is at the "colossal potential career ending" end!

One is chronical the other isn't. Strootman needed a good surgeon, a good physio and a lot of rest. Vidal needs a lot of prayer.

Lets rewind, you asked me where I filed my shit, I thought you were turning the discussion to jokes which was fine, hence my weird answer that admittedly was not very funny, but as I say it's late.

I've watched Blind play 10 times, he's fine in a slow paced type of football where there isn't intense pressure on the ball and he has lots of time to decide what to do with it, that is the opposite of this league and I don't think Herrera and Mata are going to offer him much protection. If we had two box to box CM's to play ahead of him in a midfield 3 maybe he could work, but with our current options my opinion is he'll get overrun time and again.

So he is Carricks replacement then

Christ.

We have had a terrific window, just need them all fit and to gel now. Plus get rid of the deadwood.

Who were you expecting?!

Or are you one of the people who have spent months in the Vidal thread despite the club denying it time after time.

That said we do need a world class midfielder!
Replacing Vidic and Rio with Rojo leaves us weaker in defence. Replacing Evra and Büttner with Blind and Shaw at left-back leaves us overall stronger, though I still feel Evra may be the best left-back out of those four right now.

In midfield we've lost Giggs and bought Herrera. We're definitely strengthened but not as much as I had hoped and the jury is still out regarding how good Herrera actually is.

Then on the wings we've lost Nani and bought Di Maria. Massively strengthened here, wonderful.

But apart from that position, I had expected us to strengthen us more. The fact that we've overpaid to the extreme for most of the players we've bought and sold players for charity fees doesn't help.

But I guess this is just as good as it gets for a non-CL side.

Blind plays in a league where pressing is a staple diet and pressure on the ball carrier is common.

Devil May Care is positing analysis based on watching him 10 times? I've watched him for two seasons now and he is intelligent. That means he knows how to think quickly and play out of high pressure positions.

"overrun time and time again "

It's just negativity for the sake of negativity without decent fact based analysis. The equivalent of the football hipster critic who always has to have the cynical opinion.

Go take that opinion to any Ajax thread and tell them that nonsense. See how many agree with your opinion.

What do you expect? :lol: It was always going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get us up and running properly.

Why would City get Falcao? They have a great attack already. They had Aguero coming off the bench against Liverpool.

Only seen Blind as a left back not as defensive midfielder so cant really comment with any conviction. Whenever I have seen him, he has struck me as just "decent". Im not iinterested in Blind the "utility" player though we have too much of that as it is, what is he genuinely like in midfield? Also one thing is makin gme laugh our need to sign a world class midfielder. Are we all forgetting we have actually signed the player who was probably the best midfielder in the world last year? Blind/Carrick, Herrera and Di Maria isnt too shabby as a three man midfield, certainly in comparison to what we have had to witness wheeling Scholes out of retirement and since.

Compared to the last summer this has been a fantastic summer of business, as you say Di Maria the stellar signing, but Herrera, ans Shaw were massive deals for us they will prove their class as the season goes on, gotta admit not too sure about Rojo, or Blind yet, but Blind has to be an upgrade on Fletcher, Cleverley, and Anderson.

The only regret I think we will have is letting Vidic go, such a shame he isn't still here to sort that defence out.

All in all if no one else comes in I'm chuffed with this window, look forward to the departures now.

Replacing Vidic and Rio with Rojo leaves us weaker in defence. Replacing Evra and Büttner with Blind and Shaw at left-back leaves us overall stronger, though I still feel Evra may be the best left-back out of those four right now.

In midfield we've lost Giggs and bought Herrera. We're definitely strengthened but not as much as I had hoped and the jury is still out regarding how good Herrera actually is.

Then on the wings we've lost Nani and bought Di Maria. Massively strengthened here, wonderful.

But apart from that position, I had expected us to strengthen us more. The fact that we've overpaid to the extreme for most of the players we've bought and sold players for charity fees doesn't help.

And Blind.

Dear oh fecking dear.

Dear oh fecking dear.
Perhaps you should try with counter-arguments instead of this arrogance. What is to ridiculously outlandish about what I said?

Do you believe Rojo is a better CB than Vidic?

Do you believe Shaw/Blind are considerably better right here and now than Evra?

Do you think Herrera is the world-class midfielder we had all been crying out for?

I've acknowledged that we are stronger but for 150 million, I'm sorry, but I had expected a bit more.

Perhaps you should try with counter-arguments instead of this arrogance. What is to ridiculously outlandish about what I said?

Do you believe Rojo is a better CB than Vidic?

Do you believe Shaw/Blind are considerably better right here and now than Evra?

Do you think Herrera is the world-class midfielder we had all been crying out for?

I've acknowledged that we are stronger but for 150 million, I'm sorry, but I had expected a bit more.
Vidic now is not Vidic of 5 years ago. His last season for United was not as good as people make it out to be.

Ditto Evra. He was responsible for a truckload of goals last season. Shaw/Blind can only improve while Evra is on the decline. Are you advocating keeping Evra instead of buying Shaw?

Herrera by himself? No he won't solve the midfield problem, but he's one piece of the puzzle.

I don't know what else you expect. We've addressed the majority of issues we had: LB, CB, winger, CM and a DM. Did you expect Ronaldo as well?

Vidic now is not Vidic of 5 years ago. His last season for United was not as good as people make it out to be.

Ditto Evra. He was responsible for a truckload of goals last season. Shaw/Blind can only improve while Evra is on the decline. Are you advocating keeping Evra instead of buying Shaw?

Herrera by himself? No he won't solve the midfield problem, but he's one piece of the puzzle.

I don't know what else you expect. We've addressed the majority of issues we had: LB, CB, winger, CM and a DM. Did you expect Ronaldo as well?
I can see where he is coming from, though. Still looks to be a bit lacking in top quality in CB and CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.