Top 10 greatest assists ever

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What is your list of the top 10 greatest ever assists and do you think there should be something similar to the puskas award but for assists instead?

hernandez to himself against chelsea.

Berba to Ronaldo is the GOAT assist

vq9Yzd.gif

First one I always think of is Kaka to Crespo in the Champions League final against Liverpool.

Berba to Ronaldo is the GOAT assist

vq9Yzd.gif

In such style, painful I guess, but Redondo's one to Raul was equally gracefull and more important.
Also another painful thing for this forum it's that Di Maria has tons of very aesthetic ones.

Depends on the criteria, but one of the best for me is Rooney's for DC United against Orlando city.

What is your list of the top 10 greatest ever assists and do you think there should be something similar to the puskas award but for assists instead?

Maybe, I wonder what the tendency would be? I never liked the Puskas tendency for rockets or chilenas.

Frank de Boer to Bergkamp vs Argentina.
Daley Blind to van Persie vs Spain.
Bergkamp to Ljungberg vs Juventus.

That Beckham one for Madrid has to be up there. Had the ball on the touchline about 10 yards inside the opposition half and somehow gave fat Ronaldo a tap-in from there.

EDIT:

Fabregas to Schurle, Benzema backheel in the box to whoever and probably 50 Messi assists

Blind to Van Persie
Greenwood to Bruno or other way around

Cool comp.

Very bad quality the vid, sorry, not exactly my choices, but great assists

Not exactly related to the above vid, but Diego must have been the best crosser ever with any sort of style (chilenas and rabonas included). His ability to send a cross from every angle and put it in the foot or head of any attacker was phenomenal, his precission ans style was a joy to watch

The 0:30 min one it's so Diego with that spin effect

Last edited:
First one I always think of is Kaka to Crespo in the Champions League final against Liverpool.

Came in to say this and I will repeat what I always say.
It’s one of the most aesthetically pleasing goal that always pops to my head when it comes to movement, pass and finish. Everything was perfect about it.

Messi to Molina vs The Netherlands WC 2022
Kaka to Crespo UCL final 2005
Redondo to Raul UCL vs Utd

Messi against Croatia in the 2022 World Cup

Messi against Netherlands in the 2022 World Cup

Rooney to RVP. I also like the tevez - Rooney combination when one of them back heeled it to the other and we scored.

The first ones that I’ve thought of have already been mentioned:
Kaka to Crespo, Guti’s backheel to Benzema, Berbatov to Cristiano if you count that turn and not just the assist (as you should), Beckham’s ridiculous cross to… was it Ronaldo?

Laudrup had a few dozens that can end up at the very top, I’d have to rewatch some of them to choose my absolute favourite.

No order

Berbatov to Ronaldo vs West Ham

Bruno Fernandes trivela pass to Rashford vs Atalanta

Modric trivela pass to Rodrigo vs Chelsea

Kaka to Crepso vs Liverpool UCL final

Carrick to Chicharito vs Chelsea FA Cup

Iniesta to Neymar vs PSG

Bruno to Ronaldo vs Atalanta (like the Guti one to Benzema)

Fabregas to Schürrle vs Burnley

Payet rabona to Antony vs Watford

Ronaldo backheel pass to Rooney vs Aston Villa

Savicevic assisting Stojkovic against Milan. Tremendous awareness on the turn and just the right amount of weight.

Pele to Carlos Alberto in the 1970 WC Final was the coolest assist I've seen

Scholes’s flick to Rooney against Milan at OT was such a joy to see.