The WTF and let's all laugh at 24/25 thread

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Random funny and weird football stories that don't merit their own thread

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c3w6nnw0e55o

Player sent off after appearing to urinate by pitch​

A footballer was sent off for unsportsmanlike conduct after appearing to urinate by the side of the pitch during a match in Peru.

Atletico Awajun striker Sebastian Munoz was caught on video seemingly relieving himself while waiting to take a corner as the opposition goalkeeper received treatment.

Despite the striker's back being turned to the camera and away from the pitch, facing an area without spectators, players from Cantorcillo FC alerted the referee, who gave Munoz a red card.

can’t even get your dick out on the pitch these days.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cwywj70wjq2o

Bolton's Adeboyejo injured after 'hefty sneeze'

Bolton Wanderers striker Victor Adeboyejo missed their EFL Trophy victory at Barrow on Tuesday having injured himself after a "hefty sneeze".

The 26-year-old suffered a back injury on Monday which was set off by the sneeze, manager Ian Evatt said.

Bolton won the fixture 3-2 to get their EFL Trophy campaign off to the perfect start despite Adeboyejo's absence.

"He had a pretty hefty sneeze – now Victor is a powerful boy and even his sneezes are powerful," Evatt told the Bolton News

:lol:

Mo Dahoud completely speechless in his first press conference in Frankfurt. It's in German, but the beauty of it is the silence :lol:

Seriously, how can it be so hard to answer simple questions about how you feel about the move from Brighton to Frankfurt?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cwywj70wjq2o

Bolton's Adeboyejo injured after 'hefty sneeze'

Bolton Wanderers striker Victor Adeboyejo missed their EFL Trophy victory at Barrow on Tuesday having injured himself after a "hefty sneeze".

The 26-year-old suffered a back injury on Monday which was set off by the sneeze, manager Ian Evatt said.

Bolton won the fixture 3-2 to get their EFL Trophy campaign off to the perfect start despite Adeboyejo's absence.

"He had a pretty hefty sneeze – now Victor is a powerful boy and even his sneezes are powerful," Evatt told the Bolton News

:lol:
If someone injured themselves after a big meal by doing a powerful fart, do you think the club/player would be open about it?

Easy there Andrew Tate
Nope. Far from it. Let’s just call it for what it is though eh

Of course she isnt paid as much as Jurgen. And unlike Klopp she can’t subsequently afford a sabbatical.

It’s simple business economics. I don’t think Jurgen would need that explaining to him.

She should realise that the average attendance for WSL 22/23 was 5k. This went up to 7k for the 23/24 season

She must also acknowledge that tv rights for 1 season of EPL equates to 1.6 Billion whilst the WSL is currently valued at 15.6 million per annum . Less than 1% of the means game

She should be grateful for her salary….which is probably an awful lot more than what you or I earn

Of course she isnt paid as much as Jurgen. And unlike Klopp she can’t subsequently afford a sabbatical.

It’s simple business economics. I don’t think Jurgen would need that explaining to him.

She should realise that the average attendance for WSL 22/23 was 5k. This went up to 7k for the 23/24 season

She must also acknowledge that tv rights for 1 season of EPL equates to 1.6 Billion whilst the WSL is currently valued at 15.6 million per annum . Less than 1% of the means game

She should be grateful for her salary….which is probably an awful lot more than what you or I earn

So you agree that she should make more money than Rooney, as the USWNT have a higher average attendance than Plymouth? More than the managers of Monaco, Girona, Getafe, Cagliari etc.?

USWNT also generate more revenue than the USMNT.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/06/19/us-womens-soccer-games-now-generate-more-revenue-than-mens.html

The revenue is also higher than that of Plymouth and around the same as Gagliari’s.

Last edited:
So you agree that she should make more money than Rooney, as the USWNT have a higher average attendance than Plymouth? More than the managers of Monaco, Girona, Getafe, Cagliari etc.?
Not when they’ll only play 22 matches in the calendar year…of which 8 were friendlies.

That’s 14 competitive matches in 12 months. Plymouth will play 17 competitive matches Oct-Dec

Not when they’ll only play 22 matches in the calendar year…of which 8 were friendlies.

That’s 14 competitive matches in 12 months. Plymouth will play 17 competitive matches Oct-Dec

And having a much lower number of games they still generate more revenue than Plymouth.

Also, it’s you who brought up the average attendance. In that column, they rank higher than Plymouth. Pretty impressive considering 8 of their games were friendlies without anything at stake.

Last edited:
And having a much lower number of games they still generate more revenue than Plymouth.

Also, it’s you who brought up the average attendance. In that column, they rank higher than Plymouth.
I would expect them to generate more. Their market audience is far greater. Roughly 349,725,000 greater.

Yep this fun thread is definitely the place for some culture war bickering....

Comparing the best job in the women's game to the men's game and saying comparatively there aren't that many jobs that are bigger? She's got a point.

You just tell her again what she needs to realise, acknowledge and be grateful for. I'm sure she'll appreciate it Mr. Tate.