Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

23/24 Season Preview Part 1 New
23/24 Season Preview - Part 1

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Power Rankings

wctGUgO.png

Team Finances and Strategy

UPAt7ev.png

Previews

nlbYSHx.png
15neH0W.png

UUE07D3.png
9RGrJPB.png

Trades

Only one trade of note, our old friend David Duke.

Sonius (Pacers)
WfyYfS8.png

This should be an interersting season. Main goal is to do better than the Judases leaving

Nimic, if nobbers had stayed, would Spurs still have been able to sign me? Asking to make Hobbers regret his decision if your answer is yes :)

I like that (apart from Knicks) it looks like it should be a pretty equal year with many teams being able to fight for playoffs

Just when the evil empire is destroyed, I‘m on the decline.

Nimic, if nobbers had stayed, would Spurs still have been able to sign me? Asking to make Hobbers regret his decision if your answer is yes :)

I like that (apart from Knicks) it looks like it should be a pretty equal year with many teams being able to fight for playoffs

What decision?

I said I only wanted to break my contract if both of you left. Not my fault you went straight back against the bounds of realism. It's all farcical anyway.

I'm not entirely sure they could have afforded both of you, given your salary demands.

hobbers is going to hobbers, there's no pleasing him.

Finally that ugly dynasty is gone. We finally get a chance now to finally get a title!

23/24 Season Preview - East New
23/24 Season Preview - East

@oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Stobzilla @Dan @Solius @Salt Bailly @hobbers @P-Nut

Two Nil, reelworld II & Stobzilla II - New York Knicks (64-18, Runners up)
6qGyKAJ.png

7ckt80c.png

Pg4fo1E.png

Ro9Gycx.png

If there's ever a time for the current iteration of the New York Knicks to win a championship, surely that time is now. The San Antonio Spurs have beaten them in the last 3 NBA Finals, and while there's no guarantee the Houston Rockets wouldn't have beaten them anyway, it would definitely have been a bit easier. And now the Spurs are broken up. Ironically that break-up might initially make things even harder for the Knicks trio, given that two former Spurs stars (Nobbers and Sonius) have made their way to the East.

The Knicks are certainly comparable to the team they were last season, with Stobzilla II showing the toughest decline - though he's 35, so he would, wouldn't he? I suspect he'll be pretty much exactly as effective a player either way. Two Nil and reelworld II only change marginally, and the two best non-Cafite players in New York even improved a little. Is this their year?

Lil-Nut - Miami Heat (35-47)
RGSH9sY.png

KIKeXVO.png

The Miami Heat are basically the same team they were last season, and that season ended with a disappointing 35-47 record and no playoff. So why would we expect anything different this season? For one, there's been marginal improvement basically across the board in the team, which should be enough for a few more wins, at least. More significantly, however, there's the difference between a 70 rating Lil-Nut and a 76 rating Lil-Nut. 76 is proper superstar territory, and even though there are better players around the league, any well-constructed team with a player that good leading it has a chance. I guess it only remains to be seen if the Heat are well constructed.

Nobbers - Cleveland Cavaliers (27-55)
gLGENtW.png

AVgvMMJ.png

When you look at Nobbers' accolades - multiple MVPs, six rings, finals MVP, all league, all star, all defensive, scoring leader, etc - it's hard to imagine a player with less reason to be pessimistic. And yet, I contend that no player is less happy than the green machine. In his defense, the Cavs are pretty bad. At least they were before he joined, but I honestly suspect they'll be pretty bad still. At least it's only for a season, which I believe is all Nobbers would give Cleveland because $37.37 million is all Cleveland would give Nobbers. I don't think not winning for a single season is going to make or break his career.

Pepper Bailly - Milwaukee Bucks (48-34, 1st Round)
3f06f3D.png

gFERd1K.png

The Milwaukee Bucks actually look pretty decent, on paper. They were pretty decent last season, both on paper and in reality. Not good enough to make a deep playoff run, perhaps, but plenty good enough to get there. And while the squad has seen both improvement and decline, the equation leans heavily in favour of improvement. Particularly when that improvement partly came for players who were already plenty useful. Pepper Bailly himself got a bit worse, and also a bit better. The net effect will have to be decided on the court. Certainly playoffs should be the goal, even in a more challenging East.

Sonius - Indiana Pacers (28-54)
PKUdGEU.png

8gDVUH3.png

Speaking of a more challenging East, here's half the reason! Sonius was already good, but now he's even better. He decided to leave the Spurs after many successful years. His new Indiana Pacers are clearly significantly worse than his former team were, but it's a nice new challenge. It's also an opportunity for Sonius to prove that he can be more than just the third wheel. If he can lead the Pacers to success (whether or not that includes a ring), his legacy account will certainly grow. Can they win anything? If the starting 5 stays fit, they can certainly make a fair go at it.

Dan II - Philadelphia 76ers (46-36, 2nd Round)
wH2ZLIs.png

55iSimJ.png

Dan II is the 3rd, almost 4th, best player on the Philadelphia 76ers. Dan II is also undoubtedly the best player on the Philadelphia 76ers. I guess that's the sort of paradox you get when you create a player who is really, really, really good at shooting, and at least initially not that good at anything else. He's taken some massive steps since his entry into the league, though. For one, he actually knows which basket to shoot at now. If there's anything that could sink the 76ers, it's their complete and utter lack of a decent Center.

Up next: the West

23/24 Season Preview - West New
23/24 Season Preview - West (and also Skizzlet)

@sebsheep @Heine @The Cat @Dr. Dwayne @BenitoSTARR @altodevil @V.O. @weetee @Skizzo (I forgot Skizzlet last update, big whoops)

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (37-45)
hwdZCfI.png

UFnWVVO.png

Well well well, look at the Hawks and their three 70+ rating players. They've not got a whole lot behind those, but that's a pretty good start. I was quite surprised that Atlanta missed the playoffs last season, and I'd be surprised if they do it again this season. Skizzlet himself had a pretty bad summer, but at 24 he's still got time to recover and grow further. And as a Center he can be effective at a far lower overall rating than 70 in any case. He's a big lad in a big team, so the way for Atlanta to get back into the playoffs could simply be to bully smaller teams. Which is most of them.

Dr. Junior - Oklahoma City Thunder (45-37, 1st Round)
Sf6AVgR.png

sdLA9CM.png

After several decent-but-not-spectacular years in Cleveland, followed by a couple downright bad ones, Dr. Junior has decided to take the jump and move all the way to Oklahoma City. The Thunders were already a pretty good team, so you'd think the addition of our man would elevate them even further. It sure doesn't hurt that Scottie Barns took a veritable leap over the summer, leaving Dr. Junior with a second star to take some of the load.

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (53-29, Conference Finals)
3Y239qH.png

ytHq8I8.png

uIiNvo6.png

Congratulations to the Houston Rockets! After the recent Spurs supernova, they are now officially the shallowest contender in the NBA. I guess that's a natural consequence of paying your two best players nearly $90 million. Not that they don't deserve it, of course. The fact that Houston have very good regular seasons followed by pretty good playoff runs is completely down to weeweetee and Lil' V.O.. Just like the Knicks, the duo has consistently been foiled by the Spurs for years. The fact that the latter have split up does by no means guarantee success, but it certainly makes it way more likely. And while weeweetee might have gotten a bit worse, he was already very good, and it might well be balanced out by Lil' V.O.'s improvements.

The Cub - Portland Trailblazers (19-63)
CblFVA3.png

OL3Z4Sf.png

If Houston are the shallowest contender, Portland must be the shallowest non-contender. The Trailblazers have two very good players, one pretty good player, and three decent players. Though it should be noted that they've managed to assemble a team that actually makes sense, as far as positions goes. Some teams have 15 okay players and still can't manage that, so kudos to you, Portland. I'm not sure how much all that matters to The Cub, either the best worst player, or the worst best player in NBA history. He's still got time to win a few rings, for sure, but I might suggest getting out of Portland at the first possible opportunity. If only Memphis hadn't traded him away...

BenitwoSTARRLET - New Orleans Pelicans (40-42)
avKFtuK.png

ON4JSWp.png

The New Orleans Pelicans aren't a bad team. Probably. They might even be a good team. Or at least they've got a good starting 5 - the rest remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen whether a no-Forward formation is viable in the modern NBA. It's not like the Pelicans are lacking shooting. BenitwoSTARRLET can do a lot of the shooting herself, if she needs to, though so far in her career she's showing signs of weetee-itis. A great shooter who doesn't shoot all that much. Her team nearly made the playoffs last season, and with most of the decent players improving, you'd think they'd have an even better chance this year. You'd think.

Heine - San Antonio Spurs (71-11, Champions)
Ew7Un2W.png

xwROxAo.png

And so there was one. Heine originally left the Spurs, but he came running back immediately once they showed him the balance of their bank account. $44.98M/year is a truly filthy amount of money. He'll claim it was to prove himself as a Spurs legend, but I remain to be convinced. Either way it'll be very interesting to see if he has what it takes to lead a still-pretty-decent Spurs side to success without Nobbers and Sonius. He just better hope Jamal Murray doesn't follow the others out the door at the end of the season.

sontodevil - Memphis Grizzlies (26-56)
vJSVXTe.png

bUCc2Ix.png

"Get me out of here", cried sontodevil in anguish, "I hate Memphis!" But then, from the other side of the room, he caught the dreamy eyes of a tall, handsome man. "J'aime Memphis..."

SebJr - Sacramento Kings (42-40, 2nd Round)
UzOOh1j.png

uELs8w7.png

Name of the doctoral thesis of the collective Sacramento Kings: Is It Possible To Win The NBA When The Best Player And The 14th Player Are Pretty Close In Ability?

The conclusion? No. I mean. Obviously it isn't. But it'll sure be a fun experience. This must be the most injury resistant team in NBA history. They're pretty much going to do as well as they're going to do, with very little wiggle room. And, obviously, self-proclaimed assist god SebJr will have have no shortage of teammates to pass to. If only basketball was played 10v10, the Kings would win their crown.

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (53-29, Conference Finals)
3Y239qH.png

ytHq8I8.png

uIiNvo6.png

Congratulations to the Houston Rockets! After the recent Spurs supernova, they are now officially the shallowest contender in the NBA. I guess that's a natural consequence of paying your two best players nearly $90 million. Not that they don't deserve it, of course. The fact that Houston have very good regular seasons followed by pretty good playoff runs is completely down to weeweetee and Lil' V.O.. Just like the Knicks, the duo has consistently been foiled by the Spurs for years. The fact that the latter have split up does by no means guarantee success, but it certainly makes it way more likely. And while weeweetee might have gotten a bit worse, he was already very good, and it might well be balanced out by Lil' V.O.'s improvements.

Z2M7sLPfqbswuE96ksL-o9tpSqZKat-sREBBZb7wJ1g.jpg

This is our year, la.

Might have room for one more piece when Klay leaves. Might not be enough though unless Wemby makes a leap.

I seem to remember that Houston had great depth a few seasons ago, none of that left anymore

Spurs are going to show we don't need Sonius and nobbers! I can do it myself, just after I've bought my 5th new car this week. Dosen't it look great?

1*9unCZrBZVFoufls2zCuRFA.jpeg

Will be interesting next off season with Murray, hopefully he stays around, and we find some way to get a third star (Or Ant develops to be worth his contract). A good center would've been great

23/24 30-Game Update New
23/24 30-Game Update

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

There are some more trades to get through later in the update, but let's get this one out of the way first!

The Cub (Trailblazers > Hornets) - The Hornets aren't good, but the Trailblazers are bad, so... success?
l5Ns9Le.png

And a look at the new Charlotte Hornets:

3x3Hafq.png

Standings

B3hFKs9.png

There are only 4 wins separating Chicago in 1st and Milwaukee in 9th, so anything could happen in the East! Two Nil, reelworld II and Stobzilla II aren't quite dominating, but by MOV (Margin of Victory) the Knicks looking quite strong nonetheless. HSkizzlet's Hawks, Sonius' Pacers and Lil-Nut's Heat are all nipping at their heels, however, and Dan II and Pepper Bailly with the 76ers and the Bucks respectively are right behind them again. It's looking worse for The Cub's new Hornets and Nobbers' new Cavaliers, but with the play-in tournament you've still got a shot as long as you don't fall too far behind.

L7s9LBy.png

The West is looking quite even again. weeweetee and Lil' V.O. are looking strong, but far from prohibitively so. Right now they're not even top two, an early sign that the lack of depth could be an issue. I'd still back them to get the 1- or 2-seed, though. But Dr. Junior's Thunder, SebJr's Kings, and of course the reigning NBA Champions, Heine's Spurs, are all contenders as well. sontodevil might well have a shot too, though it might be a bit early for the Grizzlies' new look. BenitwoSTARRLET won't be too happy with her Pelicans, though.

Feats

kap2nsP.png
dxpLHuW.png

Award races

O8lhVNQ.png

mjgvVfE.png

Trades

sontodevil (Grizzlies) - are Memphis trying to be good, or bad? Your guess is as good as mine.
zgU7Bpv.png

iaIXDyl.png

Lyc2R2N.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - The Rockets desperately trying to get some depth.
tlQ7cfh.png

Dan II (76ers)
hqYNrG0.png

b1IyjZY.png

Dan II (76ers), SebJr (Kings) - the Kings getting their own pick back. Clever?
IsGVmPN.png

Two Nil, reelworld II and Stobzilla II (Knicks)
uVRYgN8.png

Two Nil, reelworld II and Stobzilla II (Knicks), Skizzlet (Hawks) - pure money saving trade
eF4lFAx.png

BenitwoSTARRLET (Pelicans)
f3ZxI3b.png

All aboard the Utah hype train. They're going to poop in some cornflakes again.

On the other hand, sontodevil is currently averaging 15.8 assists per game, which would smash the current record (John Stockton with 14.5 in 89/90).
Keep that shit out of the thread please.

23/24 All Star Weekend - Part 1 New
23/24 All Star Weekend Part 1

The Cub (Hornets), Stobzilla II (Knicks > Hornets), Two Nil & reelworld II (Knicks) - the Hornets are hoarding old Centers. I get exchanging two players in their mid 30s for a much younger player with potential, but surely New York have a chance of winning right now?

mW8ruFK.png

Standings

Mo2aHWq.png

4T401Tb.png

Slam Dunk Contest

Not going to bother spoiler this one, it's too sad (unless you like Zion).

40yuQ2h.png

All Star Game

We're back to East vs West, I guess! If you guys want to keep the draft, I can probably change that in the settings.

M9bkI32.png
9yMUVpB.png

Lots of veterans in the East, and lots of newcomers in the West. My money is on the East, particularly with Nobbers and Sonius only just having made their way from the West.

wJl1FG0.png

Okay, I guess not!

IFIej9P.png

League Leaders

RKJRyUw.png

PTtE60A.png

Ev0Jg6V.png

Trades

The Cub & Stobzilla II (Hornets) - Forwards and Centers, as far as the eye can see.
wWhVsv9.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - That Toronto pick is looking to be very good, but it basically cost Houston two decent players - and they don't have a lot of them lying around.
QGb7LMR.png

PFkeM1q.png

sontodevil (Grizzlies) - I mean, yeah, I guess?
zKTcW2U.png

By the way, all draft classes from this year onwards are going to be recycled real players. I think it knows you guys are big phonies, because it didn't seed you back into the draft. But we can keep this going for as long as people are interested. If that's three more seasons, fine, if it's thirty, okay.

I'm still enjoying it, although I do think it'd be interesting if all of us started at the exact same season and see how the spread goes :lol:

Seems old age is catching up with the assist king a little. Still obviously a very important team member.

Who needs nobbers and Sonius? The real MVP is still in the house!

On a more serious note, wtf Houston? Just decided to give up playing or something?

Stop adding redcafe players and do it until we all retire

Never lost an All Star game. next stop: becoming MVP in one. It‘s what I owe big ol’ weetee.

The evil empire finally crumbles, and now we're barely a team with a winning record and have no real hope of capitalising. :mad:

23/24 All Star Weekend - Part 2 New
23/24 All Star Weekend Part 2

@sebsheep @BenitoSTARR @P-Nut @hobbers @weetee @Dan @reelworld

3 Point Contest

BuDow3c.png

1st Round - 4 advance

Keegan Murray: 28
zNsKzC6.png

MsfuCFT.png

sk3gReS.png

Yjk8W4r.png

Nobbers never does well in these, but he's always invited. I guess nobody dares tell him no.
KQPpsCA.png

PFmWVec.png

Very high level of shooting in the 1st Round! That means BenitwoSTARRLET is eliminated, the winner of the last 3 contests.
bWY28F9.png

26 is almost always enough to make it to the 2nd Round, but this time it's not! With three 27's, we have to have a tiebreak round to determine which two will advance.
avF8BBX.png

CV26L2z.png

R1fLL3B.png

That means SebJr is out, and Lil-Nut and Dan II will move on!

2nd Round - 2 advance
Keegan Murray: 24
EMeNYPA.png

4XnRCbn.png

1KTMOOg.png
It'll be Dan II versus reelworld II in the final round. That has only happened once before, with Dan II emerging the victor.

Final Round
GWcb7Cf.png

X2tnnOq.png

It's Dan II! With that he equals reelworld II's three wins, only trailing BenitoSTARR and Solius' 5, as well as BenitwoSTARRLET's 4.

gtNJbeJ.png

23/24 End of Regular Season New
23/24 End of Regular Season

xlvUuYb.png

Final Standings

oKJPZ6X.png

aj5gyHG.png

Play-in tournament

R2v7q53.png

ahEMXgY.png

qSXW4jV.png

VHCc7au.png

sontodevil's Memphis and Lil-Nut's Miami are eliminated. Pepper Bailly's Milwaukee are in the playoffs, while Nobbers' Cleveland and BenitwoSTARRLET's New Orleans have to win one more game to make it.
CCi7aEj.png

PdB6y5B.png

Cleveland are out, but New Orleans are going to the playoffs! Both were long shots, so getting one of them is pretty surprising.

dgW4MGl.png

Playoff bracket

IxwdRcS.png

8 Cafite matches, not sure how I'm going to sort that out. Damn you for being so competent and spread out.

Regular season stats

8vYnXMc.png

Regular season league leaders

oPQvB2d.png

1tm6Aul.png

psCOPtm.png

I think I'll do a post where I show all the playoff teams, since there are so many of you involved this year.

You are doing an amazing job nimic!

2nd seed, quitr happy with that. I feel nothing is guaranteed this playoff, looking forward to it