Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

This is our year. We need to win this year. Kudos to @nimicFor keeping this going so long.

23/24 Playoff Preview New
Playoff Preview

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @V.O. @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

TevP7w7.png

3m6R1ow.png

West

Utah Jazz (1)
wOYigbp.png

New Orleans Pelicans (8)
ZNSR3eh.png

Sacramento Kings (4)
md0QzFR.png

Houston Rockets (5)
u3qseme.png

Oklahoma City Thunder (3)
TrSLaKB.png

Los Angeles Lakers (6)
3Y0giPV.png

San Antonio Spurs (2)
Cg4QbWL.png

Dallas Mavericks (7)
PprUhLO.png

East

New York Knicks (1)
jb7ZX8Q.png

Boston Celtics (8)
owOcy8S.png

Indiana Pacers (4)
QOWFT59.png

Washington Wizards (5)
sFRoKaq.png

Atlanta Hawks (3)
dSc5QV7.png

Chicago Bulls (6)
iVaE6y3.png

Philadelphia 76ers (2)
ZNOXTmN.png

Milwaukee Bucks (7)
WNCzNHQ.png

I'm used to being bigger favorite than this... Hopefully we can win this round, and then we should be better than Lakers/OKC in the next round. If that happens everything can happen

(I, and most likely all of us, need something positive after the Lpool match)

23/24 Playoffs - 1st Round (East) New
23/24 Playoffs - 1st Round East

@oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Sonius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly

au7MofU.png

You guys couldn't make it simple for me, huh? All I needed was for all the games to become sweeps, and I could have fit everything into one update with just a couple of combined pictures here and there. But NooOOoo, instead you give me this nonsense.

pa2ar1t.png

Both Cafite teams take the lead. It wasn't quite as comfortable a victory for the Pacers, but Sonius is carrying a slight injury. Two Nil with 31 points from 6 made shots (and also 6 assists, 6 turnovers and 6 fouls)

zg4FZgB.png

Very solid performance by all the Cafites involved here. Skizzlet leads the Hawks to a comfortable series lead, while Pepper Bailly and the Bucks win by the smallest possible margin despite Dan II's 45-point performance.

3Vm7kFI.png

And we're all even, in both games! Two Nil with his least impressive triple double yet. Another game with 6 fouls (and thus fouled out), but it's no wonder they lost when 3 other starters also fouled out, and none from the Celtics. Sonius had a poor three point shooting game, but 23/25/5 is a pretty cool stat line. 112-113 is not as cool.

UBvwfPE.png

Disaster! Skizzlet suffers a fractured foot, and the Bulls immediately capitalise by making it 1-1. It's also all even between the 76ers and the Bucks, which might make it clear why this update is actually two updates.

T8lRqt2.png

Good performances by both reelworld II and Two Nil this time, but Boston still beat them by a very slim margin. In the other game, Sonius has a monstrous 37/15/2 performance to lead the Pacers to yet another close victory.

EpHV0pv.png

The Skizzlet-less Hawks drop behind in the series, and Dan II's first bad 3P shooting performance lets the Bucks get ahead of the 76ers.

AGmeWgg.png

When you give Onuralp Bitim 18 points, you're probably losing. That's no shade on him, I'm sure he was a fine player, but the Caf boys should be championship contenders! On the other hand, we're back to square one between the Pacers and the Wizards. The corpse of Kevin Durant is giving Sonius a run for his money.

TYLS1AE.png

The Hawks bring it back to 2-2, that's surprising! The other game looks close to done, however, as Dan II has another poor shooting night and Pepper Bailly efficiently leads the Bucks to a commanding 3-1 lead.

gNVa5Xz.png

The Knicks aren't done quite yet! A very efficient 25/20/10 performance by Two Nil, and in only 34 minutes in the court at that! Mind you, the reason he didn't play more is that he got ejected - again - but you can't have everything. Luckily they have dependable reelwo- oh there he goes too.

CHYQ0eY.png

36-year old Kevin Durant with a 37 point performance, after wee Sonius played his heart out in vain.

DrHaRmL.png

This is much closer than it should be, which just underscores how unfortunate it is that the Hawks lost Skizzlet.

1w4yHqy.png

Dan II is back, and Pepper Bailly might as well not have showed up. This one isn't over.

LldWgle.png

3-3! Both reelworld II and Two Nil with strong and efficient performances. The latter even avoided getting ejected, limiting himself to 5 out of 6 possible fouls (I'd put "points to head.jpeg" here, but I've reached my picture limit so feel free to mentally insert it).

pKd9QJa.png

Screw you Kevin Durant, Sonius has had enough of you and your winning ways.

pfgDFad.png

Ah well, this was going to be very difficult for Atlanta without Skizzlet. Boston aren't weak either.

AbPpN0w.png

Another 3-3 game! This time Pepper Bailly has a great game and Dan II has a comparatively middling one, but it came down to their respective teammates. We go to game 7!

VBXTmpb.png

Our lads have completed the comeback! 31/17/11 and 25/4/13 are great scorelines.

N9wGRiJ.png

Another huge rebounding performance by Sonius, 24/26/5! 10 offensive rebounds is disgusting. This conference is a blood bath - I couldn't begin to tell you what's going to happen in the next round.

TSO2iqB.png

The 76ers complete the comeback as well! It was a decent enough performance by Pepper Bailly, but when Dan II scores an efficient 40 you're probably not going to win.

That means we'll have the New York Knicks against the Indiana Pacers, and the Philadelphia 76ers against the Chicago Bulls in the 2nd Round.

I‘m a trainwreck here and didn‘t even play, great write up nimic

23/24 Playoffs - 1st Round (West) New
23/24 Playoffs - 1st Round West

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Dan

pD5Hrx7.png

XI2XUlq.png

The Jazz take game 1, but as the prohibitive favourite you would have expected them to do even better. The injury to Luka Doncic is a worrying sign, though they won without him. But maybe an opening for BenitwoSTARRLET's Pelicans? The other game went pretty much as expected, with Houston winning relatively comfortably.

fFJcSz7.png

Easy win for the Spurs, and a great 27/8/17 game from Heine. The Thunder also take a solid win, Dr. Junior nearly dropping a 40-bomb.

XKZUhis.png

Bismack Biyombo is back for Utah, and it was sufficient to take a commanding 2-0 lead over New Orleans. SebJr's 35/15/3 performance managed to drag Sacramento right back into the series, on the other hand, despite good performances by both weeweetee and Lil' V.O..

Y9hNApD.png

Heine has to go off with a minor injury, and the Mavericks capitalize immediately. Nobody on the Thunder has a good shooting game except for Dr. Junior, so the other series is also all evened up.

FwX8uwW.png

Oh! This is not ideal for the Utah Jazz. That's their three best players all out injured - two of them in the same game, and both of them already playing with minor injuries (Nobbers can tell you how dangerous that is). BenitwoSTARRLET takes advantage and puts up a very efficient performance.

tXAfKtn.png

Close, but the Rockets take the lead with a 43/10/10 triple double from weeweetee. SebJr is shooting well, but it's not quite enough.

C3zlcH4.png

Crushing victory for the Thunder, with a super-efficient 24/6/8 (and no turnovers) from Dr. Junior.

67Jb2vZ.png

The Spurs strike back, with a great performance from Heine.

iW3Nnn0.png

This one is 2-2! The injuries might sink Utah, and the Pelicans won't have to be asked twice to take advantage.

jBwodrf.png

This is better from the Rockets. It's interesting that while we might literally be seeing the shallowest team vs the deepest team in the NBA, that seems to have equalized somewhat in the playoffs. You can have as many 55 rating players as you want, but if the other team has weeweetee and Lil' V.O., you need your own stars to compete. Mind you, the East should have taught us that 3-1 isn't a safe lead, so let's not conclude quite yet.

rpbjJd6.png

Two 39-point performances from Oklahoma City, it's hard to compete with that. Though I'm not quite sure how the Lakers managed to lose with such an efficient performance.

5H8rc1z.png

The Mavericks aren't done yet!

Qdx2eNY.png

The Pelicans have only gone and taken the lead. This is the 10-seed versus the 1-seed, don't forget.

jFHdkRp.png

SebJr did his best, but the star power of the Rockets was just too damn high!

uTq9gfJ.png

Easy 4-1 series win by the Oklahoma City Thunder. It's a good sign that they can win so comfortably while Dr. Junior has an off night.

8nXaL69.png

The Spurs seem to win big and lose small, which I guess is ideal if you're going to both win and lose. This was truly a team effort from San Antonio.

iBecBax.png

Incredible. Even with Biyombo and Doncic back, and with BenitwoSTARRLET having an extremely uncharacteristically bad shooting night, the Pelicans eliminate the Jazz. The offensive rebound difference is... mighty.

yJfUcdi.png

The Champions are through! Heine wasn't exactly in the shadow of Nobbers and Sonius, but this is clearly his team. Of course, that means that if he has a bad game, all bets are off. This time he very much didn't.

The unfortunate injury to Skizzlet means we won't quite have a Cafite in every team, but we've got at least one in every series. I can't imagine Chicago going all the way, so we should have a Cafite champion this year as well. I think anyone here can win it. The biggest underdog is obviously BenitwoSTARRLET and her Pelicans, but nobody here is unbeatable. I thought Utah were favourites, but we saw what happened there. New York are the only remaining 60+ win team, so maybe this is their year?

CgV1gw8.png

To see this thread bumped without a tag. Man. Does it hurt.

Some great individual playoff performances again, only to be hamstrung by this team.

Drafts from now on will solely be retired players, but I might take it one step further and manually move up some legends. Not all of the better players, but some.
Make it I play with MJ please. I don‘t care what the others say - he‘s the goat.

23/24 Playoffs - 2nd Round New
23/24 Playoffs - 2nd Round

@Heine @weetee @V.O. @Dan @Solius @BenitoSTARR @Dr. Dwayne @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld

YbBwtSr.png

HRrSVf8.png

17 points is low for Dan II, but it was plenty enough for the 76ers. Actually, one point would have been enough, given their 17 point winning margin. The other game wasn't any closer, though it's not hard to see why the Pacers eventually won. Gilgeous-Alexander took 25 shots and scored 15 points, fewer than both reelworld II and Two Nil, and far fewer than Sonius on the other team.

nQCraji.png

Easy win for the Rockets. No notes. Slightly less easy, but still easy, win for the Spurs. Dr. Junior really should be taking more shots, if the Thunder want to have any chance here.

X06XZRU.png

Still not the best shooting performance from Dan II, but still easily enough to beat the Bulls. Zion going 3-19 may have something to do with it. The Pacers also take a 2-0 lead against the Knicks, though this one was much closer than game 1. It shows the strength of the Pacers that Sonius, the mastermind of the 1-0 win, only scored 11 - and they still won!

UcJXekT.png

A pretty good game by BenitwoSTARRLET, but you're not winning when weeweetee scores 53 points, and goes 14 out of 20 from three. Finally, we've got four 2-0 series in the 2nd Round, as the Spurs take a pretty easy victory over the Thunder. Are we just going to get four sweeps, then?

gbT1aQY.png

Another easy win, and Dan II's shooting is just getting better for every game now.

6MhqGF7.png

3-0 to Indiana! Is this really going to be that easy? I thought they had a chance to win, certainly, but a sweep? It's not like the New York stars are playing that poorly either.

KwlH48d.png

The Rockets are cruising here, with two more good performances by their stars. On the other hand, Dr. Junior's poor shooting couldn't stop the Thunder from getting one back against the Spurs. That's promising.

7EozA9r.png

A decent game by Dan II, but the Bulls get their game. I wouldn't be worried.

0NTwJA1.png

The Knicks get one back too!

GDQw10o.png

As do the Pelicans! There won't be any sweeps this round. BenitwoSTARRLET gets her triple double, but with blocks instead of rebounds. Absurd.

8eiVpUO.png

Despite having the more efficient game and the highest scoring teammate, Heine is soundly beaten by Dr. Junior, and the series is even!

xmIDiHF.png

Well, it wasn't a sweep, but the 76ers will take a 4-1 win over the Bulls. Philadelphia are showing a lot of depth these playoffs. Possible championship contenders?

gf3Kkru.png

The Knicks aren't done yet! Sonius has a gigantic 34/18/8 game, but almost everyone on the Knicks has a pretty good game - and that's just about enough for a 2 point winning margin.

OklHbes.png

The Houston Rockets take the 4-1 series win! The Pelicans shouldn't be too disappointed, however, given they finished 10th in the regular season, fighting their way through the play-in, beating the 1-seed, and taking a game off the best duo in the league.

qrQwaF6.png

The Spurs stop the rot. 17, 18, 19, 25 and 26 points from your starters is a very good sign.

u1XLct7.png

It's 3-3! The Knicks have certainly not given up, and it's surely squeeky bum time in Indiana. reelworld II and Two Nil both played very well, though the latter got ejected again. We go to game 7!

Qet3eMS.png

Ah, well! The Thunder fought hard, but in the end the West still goes through San Antonio. Heine is finally let off the shooting leash, and it was just about good enough to secure the close-ish win. Dr. Junior played a good game, and a good series.

pUW4KW9.png

The reverse sweep is averted, and the Pacers will move on to the Conference Finals! Heartbreak for the Knicks, who lose star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to a fractured tooth just 43 seconds into the game. They still get reasonably close, but you have to imagine it would even closer with Gilgeous-Alexander - as long as he didn't have one of his 5-25 shooting nights, at least. Still, injuries are a part of the game. Just ask odds favourites Utah Jazz, if you can find them way back in the 1st Round.

Well it's confirmed, a Cafite is definitely winning the league. Two of them have won before (Heine and Sonius), while weeweetee, Lil' V.O. and Dan II would be first-timers. It's impossible to predict what's going to happen here. Houston have the star power advantage, but they also have the least depth, so those might cancel each other out.

T6g4T9u.png

20/20 FT quota is <3

Let‘s show Heine who‘s boss @V.O. !

How crazy do you want me to have the drafts in the next few years? If I put too many legends in, that could get in the way of some legacies. Some of them are bound to get really good. I guess @P-Nut has the youngest player. How many legends do you want to play with/against? :lol:

Leave it balanced until we all die out, then ramp up the craziness

Leave it balanced until we all die out, then ramp up the craziness

Probably too much effort for me to do that when there aren't any Caf players in anymore, since I have to manually move these players around the drafts. Though I can definitely see myself doing a quick "next 50/100 years" update thing.

I guess in a sense having some legends every draft class is the Caf Player Experience (TM). Sonius, weeweetee, Heine and Dr. Junior were all the same draft, along with Towns, Porzingis, Russell, Jokic. They also had loads of established Cafites to challenge. We really supercharged the average rating for top players with you lot. Poor normies didn't stand a chance (except Kevin Durant and some few others).

Probably too much effort for me to do that when there aren't any Caf players in anymore, since I have to manually move these players around the drafts. Though I can definitely see myself doing a quick "next 50/100 years" update thing.

I guess in a sense having some legends every draft class is the Caf Player Experience (TM). Sonius, weeweetee, Heine and Dr. Junior were all the same draft, along with Towns, Porzingis, Russell, Jokic. They also had loads of established Cafites to challenge. We really supercharged the average rating for top players with you lot. Poor normies didn't stand a chance (except Kevin Durant and some few others).
Fair enough. I'd also vote for making a player called methodevil who is 99 everything but only plays one season on the worst team.

How crazy do you want me to have the drafts in the next few years? If I put too many legends in, that could get in the way of some legacies. Some of them are bound to get really good. I guess @P-Nut has the youngest player. How many legends do you want to play with/against? :lol:
Feel free to go nuts. Put them all in 1 draft class for me, especially if you're not carrying on after I retire

Can we conclude nobbers was the weakest of us now?

Houston are favorites, but winning is a part of the spurs culture, and I am ready to fight!

Would be a dream to play Sonius in the final

23/24 Playoffs - Conference Finals New
23/24 Playoffs - Conference Finals

@Heine @weetee @V.O. @Dan @Solius

iYoo9oK.png

rL9abaL.png

A very close game, but the Rockets manage to stave off a Spurs comeback attempt at the very end. Heine with a very good 21/8/12 (with 5 steals and 7 blocks), but the Spurs probably need him to score more if they want a chance of matching weeweetee and Lil' V.O., who provided 26/11/11 and a ridiculous 23/23/3 (with 7 blocks) themselves.

yIq2SWk.png

RLuMzrL.png

Oof, that's not good for the 76ers! John Collins is by some measures the single best player on Philadelphia - and certainly he's the defensive linchpin. The fact that the game went to OT despite the 76ers missing him for half the match is at least promising. They might still have a chance, but it's going to be a challenge. Still, if they get within 4 points when Dan II shoots 2-11 from three...

UfIN61q.png

Another great game by Heine and Jamal Murray, but a monster game by weeweetee. 49/19/4 is silly. What's more silly is that he and Lil' V.O. combined for 39 rebounds, 5 fewer than the entire Spurs team (and 1 more offensive rebound).

UPDpLMU.png

Sonius with a middling game, and I guess the 76ers really do still have a chance. Kevin Knox and Devin Booker were in a shot off, but the decisive factor might have been Dan II finding his shot. It's game on!

zgf4TKo.png

The Rockets must be very pleased to see that they can win even when one of their two stars has a bit of an off night. As long as literally anyone else on the team manages to have an okay game, they can win. This one must hurt for the Spurs, though. Heine had a 21/19/9/6/8 game, and the rest of the starters played pretty well too, but still it wasn't enough. If the Spurs want to have a chance, they might need Heine to take twice as many shots. That might get in the way of his herculean defensive effort, though.

uqh6z1k.png

Collins-less Philly are in the lead! I think I called the Sacramento Kings the deepest team in the league earlier, but it might actually be the Philadelphia 76ers. They've got fewer decent players, but their entire starting 5 is capable of having very good games. Dan II had the 4th best GameScore on the team, and it was plenty enough. Like Heine in the other series, the Pacers might need Sonius to shoot even more. He'd ideally hit more of the threes, though.

JGpZFn8.png

It's a sweep! This one has to feel good for the Rockets. While this isn't the same Spurs as the one that terrorized weeweetee and Lil' V.O. for so many years, it's still a pretty damn solid team. And the Rockets themselves aren't the team they were during the height of that rivalry either, just take a look at their regular season record. Heine again had a very good game, but he just can't be expected to outscore both of the other team's superstars.

sIBEm3b.png

This game came purely down to the 3rd quarter, with all other quarters ending tied. Sonius was certainly the difference this time, particularly defensively. Neither he nor Dan II shot particularly well, but there's a vast gulf in their defensive abilities. That's why John Colling is so important for the 76ers, and this is the exact sort of game they need him to win.

QLXs4Ul.png

Another close game, and this time Philadelphia come out on top! Most Indiana players had one to forget. The injury may have had an impact too, though they were actually ahead going into the 4th quarter.

z12u1DV.png

3-3! It was a very different game to the last, with the starting 5 of the Pacers all playing decently, and most playing much better than that. This time the 76ers were the ones having games way below their own standards. This has been a great series, and we're going to game 7. It really is anyone's series to win.

KKLqXBU.png

It's the Pacers! They're off to their first Final appearance in the NBA era! What's more remarkable is that they weren't even in the playoffs last year, with a 27-58 record. And the last time they made it past the 1st Round was in 2009, fully 15 years ago. Sonius may not have made such a poor free agency decision after all, eh?

It's heartbreak for the Philadelphia 76ers, on the other, who did everything they could to overcome the loss of John Collins in the very first game of the series. Dan II played out of his mind in the last game, putting up 38 points. Still, they beat two good teams to even get there in the first place, and they're getting closer to the Final every year.

o3SSCiY.png

Who are the favourites? The Rockets have the superstars, but the Pacers have the depth. The Pacers also have the better regular season record, but given we're about to witness an NBA Final of a 4 seed against a 5 seed, I'm not sure we should pay that too much mind this season.

I don't even care that it's a shell of the super team.

@halfthefeckingcaf Your boys took a hell of a beating! :cool: