Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

wtf are you Norwegian or something?
Nah, Welsh. That bit of commentary is/was well known in Britain as well. :)

I feel like it was featured on every crap "funny football moments" type VHS that seemingly every 80s/90s kid got from well-meaning but clueless elderly relatives each Christmas.

I’d like to think having FT = very good (don‘t need 100 or nearly that to have good stats there I think) means opponents are simmed to let you rather shoot a lot to avoid gifting freethrows. Would have to check with weetee‘s stats but think that was his design fault.

I’d like to think having FT = very good (don‘t need 100 or nearly that to have good stats there I think) means opponents are simmed to let you rather shoot a lot to avoid gifting freethrows. Would have to check with weetee‘s stats but think that was his design fault.

Perhaps, but it's also possible you often don't take that many because you're shooting 3s. Sometimes you do get quite a few, though, and it's free points.

Perhaps, but it's also possible you often don't take that many because you're shooting 3s. Sometimes you do get quite a few, though, and it's free points.
Yea, don‘t think it made sense what I wrote - was still drunk from celebrating our victory over Spurs.

Still intrigued about weetee having such a good 3p% + offensive IQ yet never really taking a shot.

I have a feeling the midrange shot is important when thinking about "taking a shot" in general. Just a feeling based on who getting the highest amount of points. And also seems like the "V" tag is important

23/24 NBA Final New
23/24 NBA Final

Playoff stats include the play-in, so you're all getting tagged too. Sorry for reminding you of that.

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly @altodevil @P-Nut @hobbers

fcGln2j.png

I had to google what "PK spread" meant, and I guess it means that the bookies have no fecking idea who's going to win either!

u9FAohm.png

jXVpYJ8.png

Indiana draw first blood! Sonius doesn't have the best offensive game, but his defensive contributions are vital for the Pacers. Has to watch those turnovers in future, though. For Houston, Lil' V.O. has the best game by far, with weeweetee scoring fewer than 20 points for only the second time in these entire playoffs - and that was in the first round. The Rockets definitely need his volume scoring to have a chance.

9e53cw0.png

That's more like it from weeweetee! Another good defensive showing from Sonius (9 blocks!), but it wasn't enough to stop weeweetee. When Lil' V.O. backs his teammate's scoring with 29 rebounds and 6 each blocks and steals... yeah the Pacers aren't beating that. Well I say that, but they very nearly did anyway.

ZZxo6VB.png

The Rockets take the series lead! We can clearly see the danger or relying on "depth" represented in this match. While most of the Pacers played better than most of the Rockets, that's not going to be enough when the other team can put up two or three superstar performances every game. Sonius isn't the scorer to carry the entire Indiana team like that, he needs some help. He's gotten it many times these playoffs, but if they are shut down... well, we get this.

SQ6AZq0.png

119-116 to the Rockets, so close! Sonius definitely did get the help he needed this time, with Kevin Knox dropping an absurd 52 points on 19 shots. Unfortunately for the Pacers, weeweetee in particular provided a monster performance on the other side, and Lil' V.O. and Tyus Jones both played their part as well. If this is going to be a 4-1 win, it would be deceptively close one. We've seen 3-1 leads turn into 3-4 defeats several times already these playoffs, though, so let's see if the Pacers are up to the challenge.

EkIujJ0.png

They might be! A 20-point win from Indiana, again fuelled by Kevin Knox scoring. It's becoming increasingly clear that if Sonius provides the defensive (and something more) and Kevin Knox provides the scoring, the Pacers have the potential to be pretty damn solid. For the Rockets, it seems like they were plenty good enough offensively, but the steal, block and rebound numbers all seem below par.

gNnDnjj.png

Houston wins! Lil' V.O. had to go off in the 3rd quarter with a sprained elbow, but by then the Rockets were already well ahead of the Pacers. weeweetee had little trouble chaperoning his teammates over the line to their first ring. And that was off the back of their worst regular season for many years! It's been a long time coming.

I'm sure the Indiana players will feel very disappointed, but considering they weren't even in the playoffs last year, they've got more reason to be proud than anything else. Sonius didn't get his 7th ring (yet, as I'm sure he would add), but he proved that he is (and was) more than the third wheel on the Spurs superteam.

ArOQySt.png

Ccwe0Uo.png

Playoff stats

D149wHC.png

Playoff leaders

As I mentioned at the top, these stats include the play-in, and it seems like two games is enough to qualify for this list. So sontodevil and Lil-Nut won't be on it, but Nobbers is.

O6QuzU2.png

Ml9isMH.png

sIRMe75.png

Up next: season review

@weetee Fecking finally! Looked like we were in no position to capitalise on the collapse of the evil empire, but we've managed to carry those other three scrubs over the line somehow.

@nimic Have a 48 win team (or worse) won the whole thing before now in the experiment? We're looking like the Greece 2004 of the NBA. :lol:

@weetee Fecking finally! Looked like we were in no position to capitalise on the collapse of the evil empire, but we've managed to carry those other three scrubs over the line somehow.

@nimic Have a 48 win team (or worse) won the whole thing before now in the experiment? We're looking like the Greece 2004 of the NBA. :lol:
we earned it the hard way. I have no photoshop anymore but imagine that Kobe&Shaq champ image remastered.

Congrats Houston, weetee and V.O. Will be interesting to see if you can repeat

23/24 Season Review New
23/24 Season Review

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

VAp6BAV.png

Regular season

iwiku4f.png

fs3yawq.png

Awards

Congratulations to Heine! He may not have won another ring, but he got his first MVP and his first DPOY.

8HBEMPW.png

CIBSzxe.png

Stats

bchmQCF.png

Feats

s3R6eAl.png

jRAz3rA.png

1ny9gwA.png

QdicUS6.png

bVI9MVb.png

League news

4WxShMF.png
nAilUYw.png
CkNoqH1.png

UJPOZx9.png
HBgDl4Z.png

dzeJdQ3.png

Draft lottery and preview

mjvAFsj.png

Predicted top 10:

fmgPyRg.png

Full Experiment history

SFo9ztS.png

Did I sign some Chelsea type contract with these guys?

If I end up in Memphis or Charlotte I either want to immediately break my contract again or retire.

MVP and DPOY, joining the greats now :D I can live with not getting a ring, for this seasom…

Memphis should be a great spot to end up tbh, with Wemby and enough cap to get 2 of the listed players / get depth.

I read that we re-signed Murray from this, hoped we would have some cap for a good center, but wasnt to be :/ We need to trade Ant most likely, unless he develops well and we can play smallball all the time

I dont think the metrics get any worse than the Pelicans do they

But of course shit facilities only drive players out of teams. Tired of changing in a portacabin at Spurs and Cleveland but apparently happy to downgrade to a truck stop toilet.

I dont think the metrics get any worse than the Pelicans do they

But of course shit facilities only drive players out of teams. Tired of changing in a portacabin at Spurs and Cleveland but apparently happy to downgrade to a truck stop toilet.

You're certainly touring cheap teams. Well, the Spurs weren't cheap, they just spent so much on your wages that they couldn't afford coaches.

Just noticed the post about bkn and magic, nothing on hayes, but ffs phnx, it’s Magic!

2024 Draft and Free Agency New
2024 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly @altodevil @P-Nut @hobbers

Draft top 10

Va9JqQs.png

Draft 11-60

D2Shww9.png

KjaW0VM.png

Free Agency

mFXS2h4.png

Trades

Skizzlet (Hawks)
F2wiewz.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks)
89bieG9.png

Nobbers (Pelicans) - New Orleans going for it!
6SnUhA8.png

Heine (Spurs) - San Antonio... not going for it?
AZUeXid.png

OVK0SG8.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets)
WtxFrpM.png

BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets), Stobzilla II (Hornets) - huh?
r8VNqIL.png

BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets), The Cub (Nuggets) - huh????
H2QmnaA.png

The Cub (Nuggets) - okay that one's fine
cbGPJH1.png

Stobzilla II (Hornets)
Wi2VEDI.png

sontodevil (Cavaliers), Heine (Spurs)
gH2cUpy.png

Skizzlet (Hawks), Lil-Nut (Warriors)
BvN5Ug1.png

Wdr8OnT.gif

Bazley could be a fit I guess…

Hawks must really have wanted rid of Mane

24/25 Season Preview - Part 1 New
24/25 Season Preview - Part 1

Power Rankings

vsOYs7z.png

Team Finances and Strategy

(note that team spending is relative, not absolute. If you're the 13th highest spender, you get the same benefits no matter what the number is)

26egJ6L.png

Previews

lmDak9Y.png
h3S58jO.png

5ecKd8F.png
9GPfv9U.png

Dr. Junior - Oklahoma City Thunder (51-31, 2nd Round)
lfV4Jnw.png

S8D3QOS.png

Are the Oklahoma City Thunder good? Yes. Are they really good? I don't know. Dr. Junior got a bit worse since last season - hopefully just a temporary decline - but Scottie Barnes got a bit better. Brandon Miller also took quite a leap, though the Thunder weren't exactly lacking in good forwards. The only thing standing in the way of the Thunder doing as well as last season is the quite shallow team. They might want to look for some clever trades, if at all possible.

Pepper Bailly - Milwaukee Bucks (44-38, 1st Round)
TTPe0Kk.png

mX5xPEh.png

A lot of the okay players on the Milwaukee Bucks got ever so slightly worse since last season, but then they've got so many of them - it might not actually matter. In that sense, it might actually be a lot more impactful that Jaden Springer has improved enough to almost match Pepper Bailly. It's hard to know where there Bucks will end the season. They made the playoffs last season, and if their starters have a decent enough season they should be able to do so again. They just need to avoid injuries.

Lil-Nut - Golden State Warriors (28-54)
jtEmFAF.png

bihTGyw.png

There seems to be a lot of these teams around lately. They have either one superstar or none, and then they have an absolute glut of pretty good players. The evidence so far seems to suggest that it's not quite enough, though that might rather depend on the superstar in question. In this case they've got a solid one - and one with the future ahead of him. This probably isn't the place to spend that future, though that might change if Reggie Perry and Daishen Nix continue their improvement.

sontodevil - Cleveland Cavaliers (35-47)
aTcXgX7.png

kb8c8SX.png

sontodevil is truly following in his father's footsteps here! Well, not exactly in the same order, but old man altodevil did spent several years in Cleveland. He didn't like it very much. I suspect his son won't like it much more. He might throw up some good stats, though, and maybe get back into the award race. We'll see how long sontodevil decides to languish in Cleveland, though.

Two Nil & reelworld II - New York Knicks (64-18, 2nd Round)
dLG1IAe.png

yKkloSb.png

XHmfpSC.png

I'm not going to check, but New York must surely have the longest serving starting 5 in the league. Everyone has been there 6-8 years, and then you have Ja Morant on 5 years right beyond that. They had some bad luck last season, but father time has been kind to the veteran Knicks. All three best players, who are all past their mid 20s by now, got better. Not a lot better, but a little might just be enough. The big challenge will be, as always, the depth.

SebJr - Sacramento Kings (50-32, 1st Round)
PSokq8l.png

49xwC1u.png

SebJr is getting old, and it's finally pushed him out of the starting 5 on the Kings. He'll probably still get a lot of playing time, though, particularly considering how even the team is. We saw last season that it probably takes more than just having a very deep team to get far in the playoffs, but at least it took them to the playoffs. They also have a 68 rating player this year, with KZ Okpala's improvement. They aren't going to win any rings (though wilder things have happened), but playoffs again? Definitely likely.

Last edited:
Lil Nut seems destined to follow in his father's footsteps in achieving nothing of note besides all star appearances. Big Nut won 1 3pt contest I think, so at least we've got a chance of matching it.

failtodevil. disowned this pretender long ago. no son of mine