Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

Looks like Nobbers had the GSOAT really, because if you don't win a ring it is pointless.

Teaser: here's the starting 5 of the All Star Team that weeweetee drafts.

QX0SWMf.png

Greatest ever season as a center no less. Changed the game.

Start of the season wasn‘t even that good.

Must have been a pretty good season if that‘s already irrelevant. :nervous: :nervous:
They're sitting on a team with 131/100 team rating wondering why other people might not be fussed about rings :lol:

Imagine complaining about the algorithm as alto

Last edited:
21/22 All Star Update Part 1 New
2022 All Star Weekend - Update and Dunk Contest

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

3 Point Contest and All Star Game coming in the 2nd part (damn you, image embed limit)

Standings

NxNTVpD.png

Is... is the East the strongest conference? Not as far as the top team goes, or perhaps top two, but the playoff race is looking very healthy, and there are some surprisingly strong teams at the top. Two Nil, reelworld II, Stobzilla II and old man Solius (and also in the game) are predictably strong, but they're currently rivalled by a seemingly resurgent Washington. Can you say resurgent when it's only been one season out of the NBA Final? They're also chased by the Bulls, as well as by Lil-Nut and the Miami Heat.

Dan II finds himself further behind in 7th, below the threshold for direct qualification to the playoffs, but does so with a pretty good record for his 76ers - and even better form. With so many pleasant surprises, we were bound to have some disappointments. Both Skizzlet and Dr. Junior have become quite good players, certainly worthy of playoff runs. And yet their teams, the Hawks and the Cavaliers respectively, don't seem up to the task. There is still time to make the play-in tournament, but they've both got some bad form to turn around.

La7DR1s.png

The Spurs are still at the top, predictably, but their incredible starting form has been slightly tempered. Heine, Nobbers and Sonius are still the favourites, and I do expect them to finish in the top spot, but there is a least something left for weeweetee and Lil' V.O. to play for. Though they have to take care not to let their Rockets get overtaken by SebJr and the surprisingly competent Sacramento Kings. We've seen teams flatter to deceive before, but this late in the season they're unlikely to drop below the playoff spots, at least. Unlike BenitwoSTARRLET, who finds herself just above the play-in threshold. Though considering where her Pelicans were last update, that's already a great sign. Though she'll have to be careful not to watch her team prove themselves one of those deceptive flatterers I mentioned.

One win behind the Pelicans, there are the ever-meh Memphis. I keep expecting them to take the final step and become genuinely good, but it never seems to happen. They always find themselves around the bottom of the playoff spots, and inevitably face either the Spurs or the Rockets and get knocked out of the playoffs. You'd think sontodevil, The Cub and even the veteran BenitoSTARR would be enough to break the cycle, but I remain to be convinced.

In that sense, the bigger surprise is that Pepper Bailly and the Timberwolves find themselves so far down the table. They were pretty good last season, so what gives? If Minnesota want their man to sign a new contract at the end of the season, they better start moving back up the table. Someone who definitely isn't going to move up the table is hobbers, whose Portland Trailblazers are predictably the single worst team in the league.

Slam Dunk Contest

abQmaNo.png

Zion Williamson: 0
Sonius: 43
Ja Morant: 46
Jalen Green: 5
Zion Williamson: 50 (50)
Sonius: 43 (77)
Ja Morant: 0 (46)
Jalen Green: 0 (5)

It'll be Zion Williamson against Sonius in the final! Both have won once before (2021 and 2016 respectively)
Zion Williamson: 50
Sonius: 42
Zion Williamson: 37 (87)
Sonius: 38 (80)

No Cafite win this year either! Zion is stopping all Cafites in their tracks.

UOLQ7mx.png

Award Race

9Sr06pb.png
OtRvnko.png

All Star Draft

Lil' V.O. drafted first. Skizzlet missed out on his first AS appearance by injury (a small one)

JgIStVr.png

T10mmgw.png

Only a single significant trade since last time (the rest is mostly average players for similarly average players):

HHFDIHt.png

21/22 All Star Update Part 2 New
2022 All Star Weekend 3 Point Contest and AS Game

@weetee @V.O. @Heine @hobbers @Salt Bailly @Solius @P-Nut @oneniltothearsenal @The Cat @sebsheep @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @BenitoSTARR

3 Point Contest

hVB616X.png

1st Round - 4 advance

Klay Thompson: 23
125jGLN.png

2zaMUCx.png

cvEKPIX.png

JKF1TzK.png

bTJxlHG.png

pygY6P4.png

25 isn't enough, weeweetee is out (together with Nobbers). Solius needs at least 26 to have a chance.
OVcR3hm.png

24 isn't enough, so it'll be BenitwoSTARRLET, reelworld II, Dan II and SebJr in the 2nd Round.

2nd Round - 2 advance
PRSvXTX.png

tAng7VH.png

4XvqJYK.png

SebJr will have to wait another year to get a chance at winning the competition. Dan II needs at least 25 here.
E941uDd.png

Tiebreak time!
ZlY4xxU.png

Oh my!
TXCC39W.png

Dan II makes it simple, missing the first shot when he needed a perfect series. That means reelworld II and BenitwoSTARRLET in the final round.

Final Round
pQxpVjp.png

BL5jBrR.png
[/SIZE]

It's BenitwoSTARRLET, her 2nd win in a row, and third overall! She's still got some way to go before she matches Solius' and father BenitoSTARR's five wins, but she's young. And she's seemingly got time, given Solius was in this contest, 19 years her senior.

I3fnej0.png

All Star Game

ox9a5VW.png

A very close-fought competition! The closest since 2016. Rookie Evan Mobley is the All-Star MVP, quite impressive!

7eM4ggS.png

0gBkwfN.png

2022 All Star Weekend 3 Point Contest and AS Game

@weetee @V.O. @Heine @hobbers @Salt Bailly @Solius @P-Nut @oneniltothearsenal @The Cat @sebsheep @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @BenitoSTARR

3 Point Contest

hVB616X.png

1st Round - 4 advance

Klay Thompson: 23
125jGLN.png

2zaMUCx.png

cvEKPIX.png

JKF1TzK.png

bTJxlHG.png

pygY6P4.png

25 isn't enough, weeweetee is out (together with Nobbers). Solius needs at least 26 to have a chance.
OVcR3hm.png

24 isn't enough, so it'll be BenitwoSTARRLET, reelworld II, Dan II and SebJr in the 2nd Round.

2nd Round - 2 advance
PRSvXTX.png

tAng7VH.png

4XvqJYK.png

SebJr will have to wait another year to get a chance at winning the competition. Dan II needs at least 25 here.
E941uDd.png

Tiebreak time!
ZlY4xxU.png

Oh my!
TXCC39W.png

Dan II makes it simple, missing the first shot when he needed a perfect series. That means reelworld II and BenitwoSTARRLET in the final round.

Final Round
pQxpVjp.png

BL5jBrR.png
[/SIZE]

It's BenitwoSTARRLET, her 2nd win in a row, and third overall! She's still got some way to go before she matches Solius' and father BenitoSTARR's five wins, but she's young. And she's seemingly got time, given Solius was in this contest, 19 years her senior.

I3fnej0.png

All Star Game

ox9a5VW.png

A very close-fought competition! The closest since 2016. Rookie Evan Mobley is the All-Star MVP, quite impressive!

7eM4ggS.png

0gBkwfN.png
Atta girl!

Great match V.O. - and that C/FC/G/FC/C strat was good, already out-coaching the establishment at 24y.

Starting to get close to individual rewards now, I can like that. A DPOY would look nice

Slightly better all star game from me this year. Not a -

Slightly better all star game from me this year. Not a -
Durant cost you that game.

(the +/- thingy makes my coaching abilities look very questionable although I never really understood how it works together with the GmS exactly).

Durant cost you that game.

(the +/- thingy makes my coaching abilities look very questionable although I never really understood how it works together with the GmS exactly).

+/- is simply the net score in the game in the minutes you were playing. Higher is better, obviously, but even a simple metric like that can be a bit deceptive. If you're a decent player who mainly plays versus the other team's terrible players (if your bench is better), then you might have a higher +/- than someone who plays against their best players.

GameScore is just a formula, using lots of your counting stats (points, rebounds, blocks, turnovers, etc).

Game Score Formula=(Points)+0.4*(Field Goals Made)+0.7*(Offensive Rebounds)+0.3*(Defensive rebounds)+(Steals)+0.7*(Assists)+0.7*(Blocked Shots)- 0.7*(Field Goal Attempts)-0.4*(Free Throws Missed) – 0.4*(Personal Fouls)-(Turnovers)

21/22 End of Regular Season New
Solid 3rd for the team and a good regular season for sebjr

2022 Playoffs 1st Round New
2022 Playoffs 1st Round

@Heine @hobbers @Solius @Salt Bailly @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @altodevil @The Cat @BenitoSTARR @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Stobzilla @Solius @P-Nut @Dan

Still trying to get all the games in. A few of them had to be combined, and may look wonky. Click on images to expand them. Putting the pictures together was a hassle this time, so no commentary provided.

This would be so much easier if more of you missed the playoffs.

Aa62ECK.png

c3mc6YM.png
pwmUZGQ.png

TFY4Tae.png
Sfv9GYx.png

RhOdMTV.png

waCmzwk.png
DVi5amP.png

AbIBsoV.png

tUzI4im.png

NKVydan.png
86AIwdx.png

xVhykCt.png

6uFaI6k.png

tJ7rRXP.png
EkI5O2X.png

6Nn0iQN.png

ZFGorBJ.png

R4duoNE.png

I don't like Utah. They look annoyingly well balanced.

I don't like Utah. They look annoyingly well balanced.
Agreed. Think we got into trouble with them before. But if we both stay healthy…looking forward playing agaisnt their Center.

On another note: Spurs not as dominant as they used to.