Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

KiVBKi4.png

Can we see the difference in w/l for the Bobcats when I'm fit and when injured?

Can we see the difference in w/l for the Bobcats when I'm fit and when injured?

Well I'm spoiling your standings for the All-Star update, but you were 30-13 before you get injured (including a 50.8 GameScore performance in a loss), and from then until the All Star break you go 4-14. I'm pretty annoyed at how your stupidly good season is being ruined. You haven't actually lost any skills to the injuries (which can happen), but it's bad enough.

I'm pretty sure hobbers is now missing out on 2 MVP seasons in a row because of injuries. The crazy part is that if he drops 6 rating points for next season, more than any of you have so far dropped between seasons, he'll "just" be as good as Solius, the clear second best player in the world. So I think he's still got some chances. Charlotte are dire, though.

04/05 Trade Deadline Update
04/05 Trade Deadline Standings and Trade update

First the regular season standings:

O3rWm8G.png

Injury update:

sF9k6oo.png

It's hard to overstate just how bad the Charlotte Bobcats are without hobbers. This is the Spurs all over again, although they still managed to make the playoffs despite his injuries. We'll see if the Bobcats can do the same.

Trade update: again, only including significant trades involving you or your teams.

@The Cat, @Solius
7Aw69sB.png

c2LaLz6.png

@reelworld
Z71KKrR.png

@BenitoSTARR
rGdAbUF.png

@V.O., @Skizzo
JYuH0bw.png

NUTRmJ3.png

@Stobzilla, @P-Nut
TAtPADn.png

@Stobzilla, @P-Nut, @hobbers
JD2t3tc.png

@Samid, @hobbers
p2xQZQJ.png

Finally, a peek the new teams of The Cat and Skizzo.

Detroit Pistons
kNJSOIZ.png
1EQ2Hwb.png

Minnesota Timberwolves
LU56xfC.png
7VO85T7.png

So we've traded 1 shit old dude for another. And 1 ancient turd for 3 younger turds and a draft pick?

Sonics with Kevin Garnett looking tasty.

I don't think Charlotte realized what they were doing when they signed you. They are desperately trying to be bad.

I imagine whatever money they invested in playing staff and facilities in the real world has all been spent on 1 week of my wages

After Tim Duncan the Heat are sinking faster than Arsenal last season after Saliba went down.

But maybe we can get another Cafite if someone joins the sim! @Šjor Bepo @Jim Beam @Moby you lads are into basketball right?!?!

2005 All Star Weekend
2005 All Star Weekend

Standings update:

2u42F82.png

Dunk Contest

We've got another Cafite participating this year! I didn't do any fancy spoiler stuff, because I honestly expected it to go like all the other times (and also I don't even know how exactly I would do it). But then...

MMSAV8P.png

@BenitoSTARR has won the flipping Dunk Contest.

Three-Point Contest

Qr4IkoT.png

Loads of familiar faces again. Previous winners @Solius and @BenitoSTARR return, as do @Samid and @P-Nut. Remember how @V.O. was injured last time, and so that's almost certainly why he wasn't in this one? Well...

QunS9wM.png

@hobbers still injured, it goes without saying. Just look at the standings.

1st Round - 4 advance

Tim Thomas: 15
Michael Finley: 22
Jason Williams: 26
Kyle Korver: 25

cR32TRB.png

24 puts Samid in the middle, which means we're definitely not getting all 4 Cafites through no matter what.
tJqZkJy.png

BenitoSTARR is through, at worst the top 4 all get 26 and all move on.
pqviDpn.png

P-Nut is through with a good showing. That means Solius needs at least a 26 for a chance to go through.
5hbD5OI.png

27 is enough! That means we'll have BenitoSTARR, Solius, P-Nut and Jason Williams in the 2nd Round.

2nd Round - 2 advance

Jason Williams: 25
bAptVNB.png

Great start by P-Nut, unless both Solius and BenitoSTARR shoot 29+ he's in with a chance to make his first Final Round.
ZtIvQPx.png

Good shooting, but is it enough? This also means that we definitely won't have our sixth straight Solius against BenitoSTARR final round. BenitoSTARR needs at least 26 now.
8K7OQTb.png

Close, but he did it! That makes it a P-Nut vs BenitoSTARR final!

Final Round

I may have accidentally moved on from P-Nut's shooting session without taking a screenshot. I've got you covered though.

DwiHfnd.png

27 to win for BenitoSTARR, 26 to force a tiebreak (don't you fecking dare).
cEXF6Oc.png

He's only gone and won both the Dunk Contest and the 3 Point Contest in the same year!

1GwP8vO.png

All Star Game

Let's look at the teams! Only a single Cafite from the East (BenitoSTARR), mostly due to V.O. and hobbers both being injured.

bjy25CY.png

Samid makes his first All Star appearance, while @Dan and P-Nut both return for a second year. Perennials Solius and @altodevil are also there, of course.

kdro9N4.png

DXtyf0J.png

It's a win for the West!

8fOwAFX.png

Pk53Jtg.png

gT918Fz.png

cR32TRB.png

24 puts Samid in the middle, which means we're definitely not getting all 4 Cafites through no matter what.
Spoiler: BenitoSTARR
tJqZkJy.png

BenitoSTARR is through, at worst the top 4 all get 26 and all move on.
Spoiler: P-Nut
pqviDpn.png

P-Nut is through with a good showing. That means Solius needs at least a 26 for a chance to go through.
Spoiler: Solius
5hbD5OI.png

27 is enough! That means we'll have BenitoSTARR, Solius, P-Nut and Jason Williams in the 2nd Round.

I swear you've been copy pasting this entire thing for the past 6 seasons

2005 Playoff Bracket
2005 NBA Playoffs (Final standings and Playoff Bracket)

Let's see how things turned out in the regular season.

OqIihA6.png

fGZqP08.png

Truly a tale of two conferences! Far more Cafites made it in the West, and the three that didn't make it (@Dr. Dwayne, @Stobzilla and @P-Nut) definitely should have made it, and we strongly expected to. From the table we can see that Dr. Dwayne's Nuggets made a late push, finishing the season with a 7-3 run, but that was sadly just enough to put them a single win behind 6-8th seeds. Sad for them, but not sad for @The Cat, @Dan and @Samid, whose teams were all expected to miss the playoffs. @reelworld's Phoenix Suns also performed better than expected, though the two teams that dominated the West were @altodevil's new Los Angeles Lakers and @Solius' sadly solitary Seattle Supersonics.

In the East, only @V.O. missed out unexpectedly, which might make @Skizzo feel some vindication after the mid-season trade, though he of course also missed out with his new team. @BenitoSTARR also misses out, signifying just how far the previous Champions have fallen. @oneniltothearsenal, @sebsheep and @weetee round out the bottom of the conference. If they're lucky they might just draft their way out of the bottom next season. @Salt Bailly and @hobbers both make it, if slightly less convincingly than they were expected to. hobbers at least has the excuse that he was injured for significant parts of the season, and Charlotte were essentially useless without him.

Before we begin the playoffs, I have some bad news.

The Cat
UGk5457.png

hobbers
9MMPPS7.png

Yes, that's a new hobbers injury. It's a small one, but the timing is very bad. He'll probably try to play through it, but we'll see how that goes.

Now for the playoff bracket:

h3XKukZ.png

Last edited: