Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

Jeez. My build sucks and I have no idea why they pay me that much. Must be highly marketable.

Statistical Feats

@altodevil
0Igl2Qn.png

@BenitoSTARR
ZjSqVM2.png

@Dr. Dwayne
OKfBPlk.png

@hobbers
RxqZ3rg.png

@oneniltothearsenal
gcnxwtR.png

@Samid
HS1ckrg.png

@Stobzilla
fqsSifz.png

@V.O.
hlybsyq.png

02/03 Season Preview
02/03 Season Preview

Pre-season Power Rankings

H7KVCHU.png

@V.O. and @Skizzo - Cleveland Cavaliers (36-46)

77HbLci.png

fxeAWbr.png

5UNM0kx.png

I don't know it is with Cleveland that Cafites find so alluring. I can only assume it's a beautiful, vibrant city. In any case, Skizzo found his way there during the off-season, to join V.O. V.O. has had several very good individual seasons, but he's still to test himself in the playoffs. Both Skizzo and V.O. improved over the summer, so they just might make it to the playoffs this season. They are predicted to finish 5th in the East.

@Dr. Dwayne and @Salt Bailly - Denver Nuggets (41-41)

Amw2dvJ.png

WnnofAf.png

9wvH9cV.png

Denver were extremely mid last season, and Salt Bailly and Dr. Dwayne seem to have taken that personally. Both seem to have used that as motivation to improve significantly since last season. They both have the highest overall rating they've had so far. Can they do something with it? They are tipped to finish 5th in a very strong West.

@Samid - Houston Rockets (42-40, Conference Semis)

q2DzMpa.png

t0DV5FO.png

It's our very own journeyman, in his third team at the age of 21. He's starting to look indistinguishable from the unplayable lad at the Lakers who... well, didn't play. He took a massive leap over the off-season. His team doesn't look to bad, though it's got some glaring weaknesses. The pundits have Samid and Houston finishing 11th in the West.

@Stobzilla & @P-Nut - Memphis Grizzlies (22-60)

yZIAOAC.png

4jik8oQ.png

9tTmlmV.png

Memphis seems to be a team all about round numbers, judging by their starting 5. The starting 5 isn't half bad, actually. The issue is that the rest of the team isn't much to write home about. Stobzilla saw some slight stat decreases over the summer, but they are more than matched by increases in his rookie friend, P-Nut. Even so, the Power Rankings have them 9th in the West.

@oneniltothearsenal - Miami Heat (39-43, 1st Round)

mAsqbw4.png

X9sldrp.png

oneniltothearsenal finally saw the playoffs again last year, after no sign of them since 1997. He'd always been close, though. This season might be no different, judging by the 6th place they have in the Power Rankings. oneniltothearsenal himself is going to do everything he can do get to the playoffs again, and he took another step forward in his development since last season.

02/03 Season Preview cont.

@BenitoSTARR - New York Knicks (53-29, NBA Champions)

aracIpp.png

1rykvLM.png

Incremental improvement seems to be BenitoSTARR's thing. The rest of the team was a little bit up, a little bit down, but if Benito finds his form he can at least dream of becoming a three-time NBA Champion. The Knicks are tripped to finish 2nd in the East, behind a greatly improved Chicago Bulls.

@Dan - Philadelphia 76ers (34-48)

PAEvcHZ.png

sAGKtXj.png

Dan is quietly becoming quite a good player. The 76ers have a very solid team, with no clear weak-spots. The issue is that the league improved in general this year, so being solid might not be good enough. They are tipped to finish 7th in the East, which would take Dan back to the playoffs for the first time since 1998.

@sebsheep - Portland Trailblazers (42-40, 1st Round)

iY9Bmjo.png

c5p4qlA.png

sebsheep has seemed surprised to find himself in the playoffs the last couple of seasons, and if he's not careful he just might find himself there again this season. He took a decent leap in improvement, as did many of his teammates in Portland. They are predicted to to finish 4th in a very strong Western Conference.

@hobbers - San Antonio Spurs (49-33, Conference Finals)

PPpShmc.png

BOfq6hs.png

We all know it couldn't last forever, so it's no surprise that hobbers found himself declining back to more normal levels. Wait, what's that? He didn't? He improved even more? I don't believe you. Anyway, the Spurs are tipped to finish 2nd in the West.

@altodevil - Sacramento Kings (49-33, Conference Semis)

SmJRbgM.png

ne9hSsc.png

After years of complaining about his situation, altodevil finally found himself in the playoffs last season with the Kings, even making the Conference Semis. It seems to have motivated our defensive giant, who improved even further. His team was more mixed, but broadly improved as well, so their 3rd prediction might not be too unrealistic.

@Solius, @The Cat & @weetee - Seattle Supersonics (46-36, 1st Round)

aFO1QnU.png

AlhRgqn.png

0YbTZfs.png

cW2n3eQ.png

It's the not-so-super-last-time super team! In their defense they were missing their best player all season, and both weetee and The Cat were injured during their short playoff run. While The Cat saw a slight decline, it's more than matched in improvements to Solius and weetee. Seattle are at the top of the pre-season Power Rankings.

@reelworld - Washington Wizards (41-41, 1st Round)

J6u7jiI.png

RH6dFNd.png

Hey guys, reelworld is here too. You might have missed it, but he actually made the playoffs last year with Washington. He improved quite a lot over the summer, though his team was a bit up and a bit down. The bottom of the East is quite weak this year compared to the West, so even though Washington aren't very strong on a league basis, they're still predicted to finish 8th in the East.

Swap Moochie for Alto and we dont drop a single game.

West is stacked. Benito has a cakewalk to the finals every year. Luckiest player of all time.

Could we maybe see who's in the lineups for the other good teams? Bulls and Timberwolves especially.

Trade Deadline standings update and trade moves

First of all, here are the standings as of the trade deadline.

nASFW1t.png

83qxJan.png

The Spurs have a problem, since @hobbers has fractured his ankle, and it's already seen him out for maybe 15 games, and he'll likely miss 20-25 more. Without him they are... not good.

Anyway, let's get to some trade news. None of you were traded season either, but some of your teams still made moves around you. You'll get to decide for yourselves whether those were moves of ambition or moves of submission. I'll tag those of you whose teams were involved, because I can't bear you going one day without giving me attention.

The game tracks how the trades went, for example by measuring the total amount of WS (Win Share) generated by the players involved in the trade. Don't read too much into it, since some trades just happened.

@V.O. @Skizzo

XE6Kesr.png

@oneniltothearsenal @Salt Bailly @Dr. Dwayne

wZMK4Hc.png

@Salt Bailly @Dr. Dwayne

2LqLdsG.png

@BenitoSTARR

lIUinYe.png

@hobbers

fyqMhXc.png

@reelworld @weetee @The Cat @Solius

Yamuqfi.png

Finally, I'd like to reveal the Final Boss of this season, a team which none of you are lucky enough to be on: Chicago Bulls. Just something to consider before you go on settling this season amongst yourselves.

II7f2RC.png

So, we were complete dogshit forever, added a 3-shooting PG to the team (literally the only thing we didn't need), and now we're actually quite good?

I don't think I understand basketball. :(

So, we were complete dogshit forever, added a 3-shooting PG to the team (literally the only thing we didn't need), and now we're actually quite good?

I don't think I understand basketball. :(

Actually, you are by far the longest serving player on the team, so everything else has been replaced. 3 of your fellow starters only joined this year, and one of those (Nazr Mohammed) just now came in a trade. I think you had a serious lack of Centers before. Also everyone got better and you got a lot better. In sum, that means wins!

Actually, you are by far the longest serving player on the team, so everything else has been replaced. 3 of your fellow starters only joined this year, and one of those (Nazr Mohammed) just now came in a trade. I think you had a serious lack of Centers before. Also everyone got better and you got a lot better. In sum, that means wins!

Ah, sweet. Seems there's been more upheaval than I'd registered.

Is @Skizzo getting minutes at SG, or are me and him just being rotated for the PG spot?

Ah, sweet. Seems there's been more upheaval than I'd registered.

Is @Skizzo getting minutes at SG, or are me and him just being rotated for the PG spot?

He's getting around 30 minutes per game, while you're getting 40, but you're the star so that makes sense. I think he might be playing SG because you're getting all the assists. At the same time you're also leading the entire league in scoring (and both 2 and 3-point attempts), so you're taking most of the shots too.

He's getting around 30 minutes per game, while you're getting 40, but you're the star so that makes sense. I think he might be playing SG because you're getting all the assists. At the same time you're also leading the entire league in scoring (and both 2 and 3-point attempts), so you're taking most of the shots too.

Not too shabby!

Can't believe me and @altodevil on the same team went absolutely nowhere when we should be the perfect complement to each other.

Trade Deadline standings update and trade moves

First of all, here are the standings as of the trade deadline.

nASFW1t.png

83qxJan.png

The Spurs have a problem, since @hobbers has fractured his ankle, and it's already seen him out for maybe 15 games, and he'll likely miss 20-25 more. Without him they are... not good.

Anyway, let's get to some trade news. None of you were traded season either, but some of your teams still made moves around you. You'll get to decide for yourselves whether those were moves of ambition or moves of submission. I'll tag those of you whose teams were involved, because I can't bear you going one day without giving me attention.

The game tracks how the trades went, for example by measuring the total amount of WS (Win Share) generated by the players involved in the trade. Don't read too much into it, since some trades just happened.

@V.O. @Skizzo

XE6Kesr.png

@oneniltothearsenal @Salt Bailly @Dr. Dwayne

wZMK4Hc.png

@Salt Bailly @Dr. Dwayne

2LqLdsG.png

@BenitoSTARR

lIUinYe.png

@hobbers

fyqMhXc.png

@reelworld @weetee @The Cat @Solius

Yamuqfi.png

Finally, I'd like to reveal the Final Boss of this season, a team which none of you are lucky enough to be on: Chicago Bulls. Just something to consider before you go on settling this season amongst yourselves.

II7f2RC.png
I’m going to hammer the Bulls so hard the new phrase won’t be “Take life by the horns” it will be “Twat the bull with a feck off hammer”

I swear we're around that place at this point every season before squeezing into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Ok that Bulls team is disgusting, young too.

@nimic what's with that salary c(r)ap .. and the fact we're not meeting it for some years now. Can see others being a wee bit upset about it down the line. Good thing we're not crushing the conference as it stands.

@nimic what's with that salary c(r)ap .. and the fact we're not meeting it for some years now. Can see others being a wee bit upset about it down the line. Good thing we're not crushing the conference as it stands.

If your team is over the salary cap they may only sign players to the minimum wage, except for re-signing players (so don't worry, you'll get paid). If the team gets over a certain amount they have to pay an increasing amount in luxury tax. I'll include a financial overview on the All Star update, but basically you guys are spending as much more than #2, as they are spending more than #29. You're still probably making a profit since Seattle aren't actually spending that much on facilities and stuff. But if you stop winning it will get ugly.

All Star Weekend part 1
All Star Weekend Part 1

I'm going to have split this update in two, for... reasons.

First a regular season update:

NUIiIqy.png

mWaBnRj.png

Slam Dunk Contest

QPImmGu.png

@BenitoSTARR & @Salt Bailly were involved, but sadly still no Cafite winner. You're all three-point shooting scum. Speaking of which...

oJfDXb3.png

@Samid, @BenitoSTARR, @P-Nut, @reelworld, @Solius, @V.O. Quite a bunch this year. One of you better win.

Round 1 (4 advance)
or
"you bastards"

Chauncey Billups: 22
Michael Finley: 24
JM9YN7o.png

rTxxaCU.png

I398qRC.png

Really good shooting so far.
SmTbDra.png

reelworld with the 19, he's the first confirmed to be out.
njmgvXb.png

28 for Solius means V.O. needs at least 28 to force a tiebreak.
kZa1yKs.png

He did it! That means a tiebreak of all the 28-ers, Samid, Solius, V.O & BenitoSTARR. 3 to advance, so we'll lose another Cafite here.

Tiebreak
JtgvjkZ.png

Normally not a bad start, but everyone involved shot better last round.
jVNglQy.png

29!
EWgHFkO.png

Another 26, that means V.O. needs at least a 26 to advance. If he gets more we'll have another tiebreak with Solius and Samid.
cbKP2vJ.png

V.O. is through together with BenitoSTARR and P-Nut. We'll have to have a second tiebreak to decide who goes through of Samid and Solius. Will we lose the winner of the last contest already in the first round?

2nd tiebreak
dNqF8cO.png

Ooh, 25 is good but not great. Surely Solius won't choke.
6HcaNUj.png

For feck's sake, why are you making me take so many screenshots? I didn't sign up for this. To the third tiebreak we go.

3rd tiebreak
0aVd6B2.png

Samid and Solius have both shot worse and worse. Will Solius continue the decline, or will he save me from another tiebreak?
D7zbsZC.png

Oh thank god. Solius goes on to Round 2. Which I'll have to put in a separate post entirely since I can only do max 20 images per post.

Look at this shit
cw5aaaL.png

Rest of the 3-Point Contest and the All Star Game coming up a bit later.