Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

Pelicans have a lot of work to do to stop me dissolving that contract in sulphuric acid

Lil’VO and weeweetee got weaker. Perfect.
The mvp will try to get a ring on his own

Whoops, had a duplicate picture. This is what should have been there:

5ecKd8F.png

Imagine not having the assist king in your starting line up...

24/25 Season Preview - Part 2 New
24/25 Season Preview - Part 2

@Solius @hobbers @weetee @V.O. @Dan @Skizzo @BenitoSTARR @The Cat @Stobzilla @Heine

Sonius - Indiana Pacers (52-30, Runners up)
dpBSxSU.png

0KjwgZl.png

After coming much closer to winning the title than anyone had expected, with the possible exception of Sonius himself, the Indiana Pacers are surely poised to launch a renewed effort this year. Kevin Knox took a very slight step behind, but although he was vital as a second option, his decline should be more than made up by the improvement of many other Pacers, including Sonius himself. As with seemingly all of our contenders, the team is a bit shallow beyond the excellent starting 5.

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (52-30, 1st Round)
m8fq5hq.png

YqYdAET.png

How good are the Hawks, really? We didn't really get to see them do much last season, but injury struck them very hard as soon as the playoffs started. This year they seem even better, on almost every level. They have a very solid starting 5 (with several of those great Centers that other teams have none of), and a fairly deep team beyond that as well. Is this Skizzlet's year? There's a load of strong teams in the East, so the goal should be top 4 in the regular season.

Dan II - Philadelphia 76ers (54-28, Conference Finals)
Zm9Bv9B.png

huolFTZ.png

And here's one of those strong Eastern teams I mentioned. The progression bag is a little bit more mixed than it was for the Atlanta, but the Philadelphia 76ers have a very interesting team. Dan II may have gotten a little bit worse, but he's been putting up gigantic scoring performances with significantly lower overall ratings than this. I suspect he can be an efficient piece well into his low 50s, and honestly even lower if they'd actually play him. The 76ers nearly made it all the way last time. We go again?

BenitwoSTARRLET - Brooklyn Nets (20-62)
OIg5JXW.png

KiGObi3.png

The Brooklyn Nets are a very interesting team. They lack that one true superstar, though BenitwoSTARRLET is quite good. But beyond that they have a solid starting 5 and a rather deep team. They also have 20 year old Magic Johnson. Is he going to be good old Magic Johnson? I have no idea! All I know is that it's going to be very interesting to watch, and I'm sure BenitwoSTARRLET will be content to go along for the ride.

Stobzilla II - Charlotte Hornets (27-55)
UqpQcVd.png

uIlmTKf.png

Oh look, it's Stobzilla II! I thought he retired? No, he'll never retire. Not as long as there are teams without solid Centers out there. Or, in the case of the Charlotte Hornets, teams who only have two other solid Centers in the starting line-up. Our Cafite is very much the old man of the group, which does mean the Hornets could actually become quite good, with a bit of luck. Or without a bit of luck, they could stall and fall back down to whatever they've been doing the last few years.

Heine - San Antonio Spurs (56-26, Conference Finals)
ZY2Ej6Z.png

zznwnId.png

Okay, so the Spurs didn't win another ring. But Heine proved that he wasn't just the second fiddle to Nobbers. Winning MVP and DPOY in the same season is very impressive. You'd expect that to fuel another championship run, and in fact I do expect that. The Spurs aren't quite the same team they were last season, though, so it's hard to predict exactly how good they are going to be. There are reasons to think they'll be even better, and certainly they have one of the better constructed starting 5s in the league. Let's see.

The Cub - Denver Nuggets (30-52)
sDuRxxp.png

9MsontI.png

Okay, so The Cub is back playing for the worst team in the league. It's been one of those careers. On the other hand, the fact that his new team were so bad last season is also why they were able to draft both Gilbert Arenas and Jerry West. As with Magic Johnson, it's impossible to predict how good they are actually going to be. Surely one of them will hit, though? And if they do, The Cub will be there, guiding into a bright future.

Nobbers - New Orleans Pelicans (37-45, 2nd Round)
RUuYDw6.png

YBp4bRF.png

4x MVP, 6x Champion, 4x Finals MVP... the list goes on. Well, obviously it does. Just look up. The point is that Nobbers, while approaching his 30s, is still a very good player. And with all those accolades in the bank, why not just get weird with it for however long the rest of his career is? The Pelicans aren't supposed to be particularly good, but then they somehow made it to the 2nd Round last year. And with all due respect to BenitwoSTARRLET, Nobbers is on another level. Of course, that playoff performance came from a very unlikely 10th seed, which is... not ideal. Maybe don't try to replicate that.

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (48-34, Champions)
5KaOMBI.png

Zj3RtES.png

ePK2aJP.png

Oh look, it's our newest champions! It took them a few years, but I am sure it's no less sweet. The two superstars are functionally the same players they were last year too, with only the slightest of declines for both weeweetee and Lil' V.O.. Slightly more worrying is the fact that two other players in the already extremely shallow team saw some decline, though they also saw players get better. All that is to say, while I wouldn't be betting on the Rockets repeating their championship run, I wasn't betting on it last season either. Why the hell couldn't they do it again?

Didn‘t want to say it before but alas! Finally the cafless teams as well! Thanks nimic

We really do look like a well constructed team, built around the greatest MVP ever (ofc). I think we should be able to do a deep playoffround again, and nothing would make me more happy than getting "my own" ring
We got a good spread of positions and roles it seems, and a big guy with the R to get rebounds. While at the same time me and Murray can share the ball, get the others some easy shots while we control the game and dominate. I like this years team, even though I really wish for either a great defensive/rebounding Center, or a stretch center to make it easier to attack the basket for myself

Noticed I am the third double MVP/DPOY. Shaq got one, and Sontodevil got one

Last edited:
24/25 30-Game Update New
24/25 30-Game Update

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly @altodevil @P-Nut @hobbers

F7hU3tK.png
O7mCYTc.png
g74gQWJ.png

ZvZHgor.png
lokLGPv.png
mBs2iEd.png

Standings

6TWjQp8.png

ITUggNd.png

League leaders

y4P4545.png

u7wl3xO.png

XzKG4CD.png

Award races

cyW0dc4.png

BYNvhUW.png

Trades

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets), BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets) - it might look weird, but at least Houston got the better player younger player cheaper player shorter contract... wait what
ULCNaCW.png

Stobzilla II (Hornets)
o28wryJ.png

Nobbers (Pelicans), sontodevil (Cavaliers) - I don't know what the feck this is
OlDMRDu.png

Lil-Nut (Warriors) - What's up with Karim Mané? Last time the Hawks were willing to attach a 1st round pick to him just to get rid of him, for merely a 2nd round pick in return, and this time the Warriors attach someone perfectly playable to get rid of him, again just getting a 2nd round pick in return. We need to follow his career, I think.
Jk1VgRs.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks)
CV3NahF.png

Dan II (76ers) - big changes for the 76ers! John Collins is a big loss, but he turns into 4 pretty good players and a 1st round pick (and whatever else happens to the picks they gave to and received from the Trailblazers). They are going to miss his defense, though.
PWLWNd9.png

CMrVZDg.png

@nimic how often does dws leader win dpoty? What about last season?

Almost always. The only exception I can find is last year, when Sonius had 7.6 DWS and Heine won with 7.2. For 2023 both sontodevil and Sonius had the same, and sontodevil won.

I think you skewed it a bit, since you were so stupidly dominant in DWS that of course you always won.

I only seem to be able to assist and steal, do I just never score or something? Never anywhere to be seen in any awards or any sort of efficiency.

I only seem to be able to assist and steal, do I just never score or something? Never anywhere to be seen in any awards or any sort of efficiency.

Last season you averaged 20.5 points, this season you're averaging 20.1 so far. Lil-Nut is definitely less of a scorer than his father was, but he's also a bit more rounded. He also still has time to develop.

We are doing well in a tight conference and I am doing well in the awards fight, and my team hasnt done any stupid trades… happy days

Mismanagement absolutely ruining the two amazing teams I ever joined in what, 30 years?… I embrace these three rings even more. Ask hobbers‘ hobbers.

24/25 All Star Weekend Part 1 New
24/25 All Star Weekend Part 1

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly @altodevil @P-Nut @hobbers

Special performances

I am sure it doesn't mean anything that a third of these are against the Nuggets.

QMlB1Lf.png
ujr6Z2b.png
poy9OnT.png

Eu9Losu.png
l0TTOdX.png
1OJtpwE.png

h6tYXdu.png
UpahUQc.png
85ZxInU.png

TmghKme.png

Standings

LL0n6uv.png

hzoV1sa.png

Dunk Contest

wASCH7A.png

All Star Teams

vOzN1tO.png

It's a miracle - no injuries!

Trades

Skizzlet (Hawks) - massive trade! The Magic really valued Jayson Tatum highly here! I think the Hawks can be satisfied with getting an almost equivalent player in return, plus another very good player and two pretty good (and pretty young) players.
8B184WW.png

Stobzilla II (Hornets) - the Hornets now have three good Centers in their starting 5. Their 6th and 7th best players are also Centers. If you can't beat them, beat them.
J3JHs9A.png

Lil-Nut (Warriors) - Warriors trading away good players in their 30s to get much younger players with pretty good potential. You can make some shrewd moves if you hang on to your aging stars until right before the trade deadline. Though why the 18-39 Suns think it makes sense to go for it now is beyond me.
XWt7K0J.png

Rx2qTeq.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - I've decided to follow Karim Mané's career, in hopes of discovering why teams are so willing to trade away picks and players to get rid of him. This trade seems like an exception.
ju5lJJR.png

Two Nil & reelworld II (Knicks) - This seems like a very good trade for the Knicks, though it does make them marginally worse immediately. That Dallas pick could be decent.
ZEyTAcr.png

Last edited:
Swear at the first update every season I'm in the playoff spots, come all star weekend I'm down at the play in tournament, and then by the end I'm either hanging on or just outside the play in.

Has to be the closest both conferences have been for a long time, looking at the movs

Has to be the closest both conferences have been for a long time, looking at the movs

Definitely. Also 9 "good" teams in the East, which has only happened once before, meaning last season. The West has had three, also including last season. Someone good is going to miss the playoffs. With first the altodevil Lakers gone, then the Spurs superteam, and the Durant Wizards still there but not the same, the league is more even than ever.

24/25 All Star Weekend Part 2 New
24/25 All Star Weekend Part 2

@BenitoSTARR @P-Nut @sebsheep @reelworld @weetee @Dan @Heine @V.O. @The Cat @hobbers @Solius @oneniltothearsenal @altodevil @Salt Bailly @Skizzo

3 Point Contest

1st Round - 4 advance

Keegan Murray: 24
Kelly Oubre Jr.: 22
n8GvSPR.png

ihhaajN.png

sp3D7JF.png

No way Lil-Nut survives with that score.
3DuTJFb.png

4bN5ubZ.png

If SebJr wants to stay in it, he needs weeweetee to shoot 24 or worse as well.
bfbfX1d.png

It'll be weeweetee, BenitwoSTARRLET, Dan II and reelworld II in the next round! Out of those weeweetee is the only one not to have at least 3 wins already (he has none).

2nd Round - 2 advance
lUvch6S.png

f7bazOs.png

Dan II is almost certainly out with only 20.
5SZOIgn.png

SZ68YKk.png

We'll have BenitwoSTARRLET and reelworld II to shoot it out for the win. This match-up has happened twice before, in 2022 and 2019. Both times BenitwoSTARRLET came away with the... trophy? Do they give out trophies for this?

Final Round
q939NuK.png

Oof, only 23. Every round someone seems to be shooting much worse than expected.
1mkqB5e.png

reelworld II takes the win, for the 4th time! Solius won All-Star MVP the year he won his 1st, so it's been a while!

tv8MVZ2.png

0lgF6oI.png

All Star Game

4rQ6axC.png

kg3q759.png

Domination by the West! Nobbers wins his second All-Star MVP.

4rQ6axC.png

JrStutB.png

6QbxRw7.png

24/25 End of Regular Season New
24/25 End of Regular Season

Final standings

hHumjCP.png

There are fully eight teams with positive records in the East, and one that has a losing record but still a positive average margin of victory. The Knicks are definitely the favourites, but they've had great records and easy top seeds before without going all the way. Two Nil in particular has had a spectacular season, but reelworld II has also done well. Is this their year? The 76ers and Hawks, with Dan II and Skizzlet respectively, will surely have something to say about that - as might Sonius' Pacers, who, if they make it through the play-in, are going to be playing the Knicks or the Celtics already in Round 1.

BenitwoSTARRLET and Stobzilla II are longer shots, having to face to clearly better teams in the play-in. But anything can happen in the span of two games. Pepper Bailly and sontodevil will have to take an earlier holiday than they probably hoped. The Bucks couldn't quite get over the line in the end, and the Cavs made it nearly impossible with their bad start to the season. Though ending the season 14-11 is something, at least.

AWPk55z.png

58-24 is a good but not overwhelmingly good record, and that probably describes the Spurs this year. Heine again has the edge over weeweetee and Lil' V.O. as far as the regular season went, but that didn't amount to much in the end last year. The two teams are in very different form, though, so maybe it's back to your regularly scheduled programming with the Spurs again beating the Rockets?

There are other teams than those two in the West, of course, though you wouldn't think it looking at the past few years. Dr. Junior has led his Thunder to a pretty good record, though their MOV might be a bit of a worry. At least he'll avoid having to play the Spurs or Rockets in the 1st Round. That's more than we can say for Nobbers and Lil-Nut, who will have to do just that if they make it through the play-in. You'd think the Pelicans would make it, but the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team are out, and they're on a 4 game losing streak as a result. Can the former MVP do it on his own?

Just like in the East, we've got a Cafite who just failed to make the play-in. SebJr's Kings went 2-8 to finish the season, which just isn't going to cut it. The Cub's Nuggets did the same, though they were never in it to begin with.

Season stats

UKji4a8.png

League leaders

caVkrjl.png

4iuA0f0.png

J2LDIGC.png

Play-in bracket

At worst we'll see only one of these Cafites in the playoffs, and at best we'll see four! BenitwoSTARRLET and Nobbers have some injury challenges right now, so that might definitely play a role in which it is.

uQhx4pw.png

Brooklyn:
VKwZjpk.png

New Orleans:
HKE3WWx.png

24/25 Play-in tournament and Playoff bracket New
Play-in tournament and Playoff bracket

@Heine @Dr. Dwayne @weetee @V.O. @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Skizzo @Dan @Solius

VupmjdW.png

L9V4WKW.png

Stobzilla II and the Charlotte Centers Hornets prove too big of a challenge for BenitwoSTARRLET and her Nets. Hopefully the injury is the explanation for why their 4-time Three-Point Contest winner had the fewest 3 point attempts of everyone on the Nets who had at least one. Stobzilla II took 8 for the Hornets, and the only things he's worse at than shooting from 3 are jumping and running.

The Hornets will still have to beat the loser of Pacers - Magic to get to the playoffs.

i6pgC44.png

Sonius does the job! Well, him and Kevin Knox. They went all the way to the NBA Final last year, so it'd be a shame to lose them before the playoffs even start.

OFUT15C.png

Nobbers also brings his Pelicans into the playoffs, despite injuries to key players.

kkIcdoK.png

Lil-Nut and the Warriors are out!

23QHr5K.png

So bad shooting by the Hornets. Stobzilla II is the only Hornet who shot well. As a result we won't be seeing them in the playoffs this season. The Magic will get to play New York.

GMBieJh.png

wL3Jc0N.png

24/25 Playoffs 1st Round - West New
24/25 Playoffs 1st Round - West

@Heine @Dr. Dwayne @weetee @V.O. @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Skizzo @Dan @Solius

I have 0 pictures to spare, but I'll give a score update for the Jazz - Lakers game, in case someone is following their non-Cafite team.

bdk9B2h.png

We've got some good games in the West! The Spurs might be clear regular season winners, and the Rockets may be reigning champions, but I think anyone could beat anyone here, with some luck.

Jazz 112 - 94 Lakers

VWpBKrQ.png

The Spurs take an easy lead. Heine with a stupid 26/8/17 game with no turnovers and 11 blocks. Eleven. That's eleven blocks. Jamal Murray, the second star, had an abysmal 0.4 in GameScore - but if you take the average of him and Heine, that's still far better than the best Dallas player.

a4NyMPN.png

Maybe I was wrong after all? Houston take an easy win as well, and now both the favourites are ahead. And that's with Nobbers putting up 33/12/7. The fact that he didn't play literally every single second is probably down to the fact that he fouled out at 43 minutes and 59 seconds. Meanwhile the Rockets have bench players dropping 30.

g4XhEX3.png

Closer than the other games, but that's another win for the favourites. It's the battle of the stats for Dr. Junior, as he has a a nearly (ish) team worst GameScore and a nearly team best +/-. The only stat that matters in the end is 130-123, though.
Jazz 121 - 98 Lakers

JbMscjE.png

Another easy win for the Spurs. This might be a quick one. Losing Anthony Edwards is a potential problem, though. He should be back by the 2nd Round, but they have to make sure they get there first.

60hhzTI.png

And yet another easy win for the favourites. Maybe this is more common than I think, but it's funny how both teams have a starter who ended with a negative GameScore.

XqqTuhz.png

2-0 for the all the favourites. Maybe this is just going to be three sweeps - or four, with Utah?
Jazz 100 - 122 Lakers

VqoHYi6.png

That's yet another 5x5 for Heine. And it doesn't hurt the Spurs that Jamal Murray is dropping 36 points either.

HeiVXTn.png

Oh, I guess it's not a sweep race after all! Nobbers with the monstrous 39/9/13 stat-line. And all the other starters contributed as well, which is pretty much a necessity for the Pelicans to beat the champions. weeweetee had a great game himself, and Lil' V.O. had an efficient one, but this one came down to the 4th-7th best players on the teams.

vlfV28w.png

One for Dr. Junior and the Thunder too! Great efficient game by our man.
Jazz 115 - 124 Lakers

7XKcsFk.png

Well, at least we got one sweep in the West. The Spurs may have lost two pieces of their superteam, but they're still incredibly lucky to have Heine and Jamal Murray.

xDSM6CW.png

Well well well, this one is all tied up. Yet again New Orleans showed their depth, but this time there was also a clear star discrepancy. I can't remember the last time Lil' V.O. shot as poorly as 5-15. When he's having an inefficient game, you're in trouble.

XTXCGZ5.png

Another tie, and another great efficient performance from Dr. Junior.

Jazz 113 - 103 Lakers

zqGk2IJ.png

Nobbers with the near-triple-double 37/9/10, and it trumped weeweetee's near-triple-double 34/8/9. Lil' V.O. back to efficient games, but it wasn't enough. The champions are in trouble.

RNOM3Fm.png

The Clippers strike back! This one could go any which way. Dr. Junior with a poor shooting performance, though he provided rebounds and assists - just not enough to make a difference.
Jazz 131 - 127 Lakers (Utah Jazz win 4-2)

q0wW0RM.png

A 2-point game, and it's 3-3! The Free throw to Field Goal Attempts stat is very interesting. Clearly the Pelicans were way too foul-happy.

sZRzp6j.png

We're going to game 7!

9TQSeAb.png

Heartbreak for the Pelicans, who were so close to eliminating the champions. Nobbers can be proud of his playoff performance, ending with a 40/10/12. The combo of weeweetee and Lil' V.O. was just too much in the end.

2Y0crAD.png

Ah, what a shame! Dr. Junior and the Thunder were 4 points away from eliminating the Clippers. He might be wondering "what if", but our man had a pretty good playoffs overall.

SMCKjDU.png

Well, that's a familiar sight. The Spurs, the Rockets, and then also the Jazz. The Clippers are the wild-card here.