Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

I think I meant the latter. Career TRB% would be cool to see if there is a minimum games played caveat

S0ARxuD.png

@nimic there‘s a tiny R next to my name, what does it stand for?

Not sure how you earned that tag
No idea either but still not half as time warpey as nobbers earning an A with less than 6 assists per game. If I read the table properly that is.

A is Athlete

I asked about this earlier, 3 is 3 point shooter, Di is Internal Defence, Dp is Perimeter Defence, V is Voulme Scorer, Ps is Passer, B is Ball Handler, Po is Inside Scorer. Did I miss any?

Also, seems like our injuries is taking a toll, but rather have them now than when playoffs come around

Last edited:
A is Athlete

I asked about this earlier, 3 is 3 point shooter, Di is Internal Defence, Dp is Perimeter Defence, V is Voulme Scorer, Ps is Passer, B is Ball Handler, Po is Inside Scorer. Did I miss any?

Also, seems like our injuries is taking a toll, but rather have them now than when playoffs come around

Nope, that's it.

2021 All Star Weekend New
20/21 All Star Weekend Part 1

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Feats

1Hl6Cae.png

Trades

BenitoSTARR (Heat > Pacers), Lil-Nut (Miami) - that can't be good for BenitoSTARR's self-esteem.
FHbYEdE.png

hobbers (Warriors > Nets)
6c1LHBm.png

BenitoSTARR (Pacers > Grizzlies), sontodevil & The Cub (Grizzlies) - And he moves again! It looks like a lot, but in reality it's just a load of bad players for BenitoSTARR.
2qbqMAW.png

sontodevil, The Cub & BenitoSTARR (Grizzlies) - I guess?
kHUpr1S.png

KyWJFxE.png

Dr. Junior (Cavaliers), Skizzlet (Hawks)
8dmUzlZ.png

Dan II (76ers), Lil-Nut (Heat)
aCs4EIn.png

Standings

29y2fat.png

uyeO07P.png

Slam Dunk Contest

8H6VLR0.png

I'm just going to skip the spoilers this time, the result is way too sad to dwell on:

ysCFYWM.png

20/21 All Star Weekend Part 2

3 Point Contest

Lte51Ot.png

1st Round - 4 advance
Klay Thompson: 24
Jamal Murray 24:
rw5kNya.png

0VNjD12.png

u4qXChL.png

rJi2nVz.png

reelworld II is out with that. And Nobbers. Obviously.
LdlCrUk.png

SebJr needs at least 25 here.
9LzHh1M.png

SebJr moves on to the 2nd round, along with BenitwoSTARRLET, Dan II and weeweetee.

2nd Round - 2 advance
zUWal9s.png

3Zq62dU.png

pbW0QwN.png

That's not good enough, he's out!
tQrP9JQ.png

It'll be Dan II against BenitwoSTARRLET - the two previous winners of the bunch.

Final round
i38o8bz.png

Oo6zPdf.png

It's BenitwoSTARRLET! Dan II shot better overall, but not when it counted.

dfteSCg.png

All Star Game

JiQaJOA.png

Draft

iyj1bcx.png

CuPI2zf.png

Jrue Holiday was a great pick by me

Nimic posting updates at the end of pages, undefeated.

I think it's just the two best players at the time by however they determine that (maybe same as how they determine MVP). Best player gets the 1st pick (weeweetee here).
bit unrelated but you brought that point up a day ago or so and I was wondering about that for a long time: obviously players with relatively low ovr have at times but also consistently (way) better stats than players with, in theory but also per algo, much higher ovr. I was always assuming that the higher ovr and higher power level of the team would eventually mean that the team as a whole performs better. But is that actually the case, do you know? (and do you understand my question..).

bit unrelated but you brought that point up a day ago or so and I was wondering about that for a long time: obviously players with relatively low ovr have at times but also consistently (way) better stats than players with, in theory but also per algo, much higher ovr. I was always assuming that the higher ovr and higher power level of the team would eventually mean that the team as a whole performs better. But is that actually the case, do you know? (and do you understand my question..).

I'm not sure I understand the question.

We better leave it at that I guess.

Better is always better, but there is stuff like team composition, roles, etc. That's why the "best" team doesn't always win.

weeweetee and Lil' V.O. for example complement each other quite well, in many ways. One is great from range, one is great up close. One is a great blocker and rebounder, one is great at getting steals.

Better is always better, but there is stuff like team composition, roles, etc. That's why the "best" team doesn't always win.

weeweetee and Lil' V.O. for example complement each other quite well, in many ways. One is great from range, one is great up close. One is a great blocker and rebounder, one is great at getting steals.
Nah, I mean more like: someone who has e.g. ovr 84 but „barely“ scores, assists, blocks or rebounds etc, compared to a ovr 68 player, still has a lot of impact for his team, makes them much better in total. What Heine hinted at with the invisble impact.

Nah, I mean more like: someone who has e.g. ovr 84 but „barely“ scores, assists, blocks or rebounds etc compared to a ovr 68 player still has a lot of impact for his team, makes them better. What Heine hinted at with the invisble impact.
Invisible impact is definitely a thing. The game does have all the usual advanced stats (and boy do they get advanced in basketball). Even GameScore is just another stats summary, which is why you need lots of scoring to have very high GmSc. But you can impact the game a lot even without it. Is sontodevil a better player than altodevil was? I have no idea, but sontodevil does everything his dad did almost as well, but he's also a great passer. But altodevil has still won 8 titles, so he must have added enough that no scoring and no assisting wasn't a problem.

Overall rating is as far as I know completely disconnected from the game engine (except in that it has something to do with how much playing time you get, up to a point). It's merely an attempt by the game to sum up your ratings in some fashion. Some have a bigger impact (defensive IQ and offensive IQ, I think jumping as well). The actual combination is what decides how good players are, though. But obviously as overall rating is a function of all your ratings, having a higher overall rating is a sigh that you have high ratings. Which makes it much easier to be good.

And of course the game is not designed around some of the wacky players you lot make. Like players who literally can't shoot but are 100 height and rebounding, or players with 1 height and 100 in all kinds of scoring. All bets are off when it comes to those as to the actual impact.

Invisible impact is definitely a thing. The game does have all the usual advanced stats (and boy do they get advanced in basketball). Even GameScore is just another stats summary, which is why you need lots of scoring to have very high GmSc. But you can impact the game a lot even without it. Is sontodevil a better player than altodevil was? I have no idea, but sontodevil does everything his dad did almost as well, but he's also a great passer. But altodevil has still won 8 titles, so he must have added enough that no scoring and no assisting wasn't a problem.

Overall rating is as far as I know completely disconnected from the game engine (except in that it has something to do with how much playing time you get, up to a point). It's merely an attempt by the game to sum up your ratings in some fashion. Some have a bigger impact (defensive IQ and offensive IQ, I think jumping as well). The actual combination is what decides how good players are, though. But obviously as overall rating is a function of all your ratings, having a higher overall rating is a sigh that you have high ratings. Which makes it much easier to be good.

And of course the game is not designed around some of the wacky players you lot make. Like players who literally can't shoot but are 100 height and rebounding, or players with 1 height and 100 in all kinds of scoring. All bets are off when it comes to those as to the actual impact.
Yea, the algorithm is a bit of a mystery to me. For example I found having a player that has 0-5 points in passing much worse in assisting than somebody that had 10 - all the other attributes being identical (bar up to five points in total). Of course you‘d have different teammates with different attributes and maybe that‘s all there was to it but in this example alone it‘s already pretty clear that your passing attribute has quite little to do with how good you are at assisting (10 being quite enough to get you very decent amounts - of course you‘d need other attributes being high/very high for that).

2021 Play-in tournament New
2021 Play-in tournament

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @hobbers @P-Nut @Dr. Dwayne

Here are the final standings. I'll summarize them in the end of regular season update, but we need to figure out who is making the playoffs first.

rBZeb7B.png

1SkVQYN.png

zbvOmFz.png

4KH7csW.png

New Orleans wins! They'll play the Los Angeles Lakers for a spot in the playoffs.

06DEQ27.png

Brooklyn wins! As the 7-seed, that means they are through to the playoffs. Miami will play the winner between Cleveland and Toronto.

zPXWqe1.png

No avoiding Cafite match-ups here. It's Cleveland against Miami, Dr. Junior vs Lil-Nut. One of them will be in the playoffs, the other has to go home and watch re-runs for the rest of the season (I know what it should be if Dr. Junior loses
Ecb3KE0.gif
)

YMToruL.png

Close, but Miami takes it! A couple of unfortunate injuries for Cleveland makes it a bridge too far.

zUFI4XN.png

New Orleans are in the playoffs! They'll get to play the top seed, but it's better than playing no one at all.

tEiTwjn.png

Dm4lNF1.png

20/21 End of Regular Season New