Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 2nd Round | Basketball GM |

weetee: 2
hobbers: 0

And both times extremely close. you love to see this!

Quotey McQuoteface

24/25 Playoffs 1st Round - West

@Heine @Dr. Dwayne @weetee @V.O. @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Skizzo @Dan @Solius

I have 0 pictures to spare, but I'll give a score update for the Jazz - Lakers game, in case someone is following their non-Cafite team.

bdk9B2h.png

We've got some good games in the West! The Spurs might be clear regular season winners, and the Rockets may be reigning champions, but I think anyone could beat anyone here, with some luck.

Jazz 112 - 94 Lakers

VWpBKrQ.png

The Spurs take an easy lead. Heine with a stupid 26/8/17 game with no turnovers and 11 blocks. Eleven. That's eleven blocks. Jamal Murray, the second star, had an abysmal 0.4 in GameScore - but if you take the average of him and Heine, that's still far better than the best Dallas player.

a4NyMPN.png

Maybe I was wrong after all? Houston take an easy win as well, and now both the favourites are ahead. And that's with Nobbers putting up 33/12/7. The fact that he didn't play literally every single second is probably down to the fact that he fouled out at 43 minutes and 59 seconds. Meanwhile the Rockets have bench players dropping 30.

g4XhEX3.png

Closer than the other games, but that's another win for the favourites. It's the battle of the stats for Dr. Junior, as he has a a nearly (ish) team worst GameScore and a nearly team best +/-. The only stat that matters in the end is 130-123, though.
Jazz 121 - 98 Lakers

JbMscjE.png

Another easy win for the Spurs. This might be a quick one. Losing Anthony Edwards is a potential problem, though. He should be back by the 2nd Round, but they have to make sure they get there first.

60hhzTI.png

And yet another easy win for the favourites. Maybe this is more common than I think, but it's funny how both teams have a starter who ended with a negative GameScore.

XqqTuhz.png

2-0 for the all the favourites. Maybe this is just going to be three sweeps - or four, with Utah?
Jazz 100 - 122 Lakers

VqoHYi6.png

That's yet another 5x5 for Heine. And it doesn't hurt the Spurs that Jamal Murray is dropping 36 points either.

HeiVXTn.png

Oh, I guess it's not a sweep race after all! Nobbers with the monstrous 39/9/13 stat-line. And all the other starters contributed as well, which is pretty much a necessity for the Pelicans to beat the champions. weeweetee had a great game himself, and Lil' V.O. had an efficient one, but this one came down to the 4th-7th best players on the teams.

vlfV28w.png

One for Dr. Junior and the Thunder too! Great efficient game by our man.
Jazz 115 - 124 Lakers

7XKcsFk.png

Well, at least we got one sweep in the West. The Spurs may have lost two pieces of their superteam, but they're still incredibly lucky to have Heine and Jamal Murray.

xDSM6CW.png

Well well well, this one is all tied up. Yet again New Orleans showed their depth, but this time there was also a clear star discrepancy. I can't remember the last time Lil' V.O. shot as poorly as 5-15. When he's having an inefficient game, you're in trouble.

XTXCGZ5.png

Another tie, and another great efficient performance from Dr. Junior.

Jazz 113 - 103 Lakers

zqGk2IJ.png

Nobbers with the near-triple-double 37/9/10, and it trumped weeweetee's near-triple-double 34/8/9. Lil' V.O. back to efficient games, but it wasn't enough. The champions are in trouble.

RNOM3Fm.png

The Clippers strike back! This one could go any which way. Dr. Junior with a poor shooting performance, though he provided rebounds and assists - just not enough to make a difference.
Jazz 131 - 127 Lakers (Utah Jazz win 4-2)

q0wW0RM.png

A 2-point game, and it's 3-3! The Free throw to Field Goal Attempts stat is very interesting. Clearly the Pelicans were way too foul-happy.

sZRzp6j.png

We're going to game 7!

9TQSeAb.png

Heartbreak for the Pelicans, who were so close to eliminating the champions. Nobbers can be proud of his playoff performance, ending with a 40/10/12. The combo of weeweetee and Lil' V.O. was just too much in the end.

2Y0crAD.png

Ah, what a shame! Dr. Junior and the Thunder were 4 points away from eliminating the Clippers. He might be wondering "what if", but our man had a pretty good playoffs overall.

SMCKjDU.png

Well, that's a familiar sight. The Spurs, the Rockets, and then also the Jazz. The Clippers are the wild-card here.

24/25 Playoffs 1st Round - East New
24/25 Playoffs 1st Round - East

@oneniltothearsenal @Skizzo @reelworld @Dan @Solius @Heine @weetee @V.O.

m3RX9dE.png

AFXqZXf.png

The Hawks have absolutely demolished the Bulls. Four players with 20+ points, and one of them is Skizzlet. He had 9 blocks to boot, nearly getting a triple double with 0 assists.

yWCRbSa.png

Boston came into the 4th quarter with a lead, but Indiana caught them and passed them, fuelled by some great starter performances. Sonius finishing with a great 28/18/7 (and 5 blocks on top of that). Brandon Boston Jr., who I can only assume is the heir to the Boston Celtics fortune, with a very efficient performance for Boston.

iK350aK.png

Easy win for the Knicks. Three stars with good (but not amazing) performances, and that was plenty enough.

sB4vdPA.png

26 points from Dan II isn't going to cut it for the 76ers. If they want to win, they ought to give Dan II 30 shots, or more. It's an ominous sign that the Wizards can win comfortably even when Kevin Durant gets 12 points on 12 shots.

HfqSMIO.png

Closer than last game, but Atlanta takes a 2-0 lead. Another grand performance by Skizzlet.

KAXpNx8.png

The Celtics grab game 2! Well, it's more like the Pacers politely handed them game 2. While Sonius isn't primarily a volume scorer, you're in a bit of trouble if he has more offensive rebounds, total rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and fouls than points. 1 point is 8 fewer than his second lowest haul this season, and the only reason it's not his lowest ever is that he got injured 3 minutes into a game once.

(And with that I've discovered I can sort through individual players' game logs (per season), so I might do something with that the next time I do some stats - and definitely at the end of the simulation)

Vf7Hdqe.png

Another crushing victory for the New York Knicks. Two Nil with a preposterous 25/26/8 game, with 5 steals on top of that. reelworld II played second fiddle this time, but 22/5/10 is no mean performance.

L9tJsVp.png

That's the second game in a row Devin Booker is injured, and it's starting to become a problem. Dan II going 2 out of 16 from 3 is another problem, but he'd have to have gone 8-16 for it to make any difference.

oD1NchC.png

Another good game by Skizzlet, but it's not enough this time. Zion with the monster performance, and the Bulls are back in it. This game means Skizzlet has officially doubled his total playoff appearance count. Well, more than doubled if you don't count the play-in tournament, which honestly you shouldn't.

Zki92Oi.png

A 7-point win might not look too comfortable for the Pacers, but considering the Celtics beat the Pacers by 22 points in the final quarter, you don't get the impression Indiana was ever in any danger of losing.

MOz1HxM.png

A much closer win than we've seen so far in this series, but a win is a win. It's 3-0 any way you cut it.

Dp9Y4Ky.png

A closer game in this series too, but the end result is the same as in the previous one. Kevin Durant's 10 turnovers wasn't quite enough to make up for his 24 points. Dan II with a good game, but the 76ers seem clueless defensively (Durant turnovers notwithstanding). Maybe trading John Collins wasn't so clever after all.

oH6BNZG.png

Easy win for the Hawks, and this one is looking near over.

cVH5UtI.png

Sonius leads the Pacers to a 3-1 lead with a storming 26/29/5 game, with 6 blocks, but the injury to Isaiah Jackson isn't a great development for Indiana. Admittedly they are well covered in his position, but he's also been having a pretty good series so far.

MZxsDac.png

reelworld II takes a game off, basically, but it's still easily enough for the Knicks to sweep the Magic. Jayson Tatum going 3-22 didn't hurt, nor Two Nil going 23/18/7 in only 23 and a half minutes.

nAI9qWM.png

Now, this I did not expect! The Wizards have gone and swept the 76ers. Old news beating new... news. 37-year old Kevin Durant with a 34/9/4 game, proving he's still got it. It doesn't hurt that he's actually got a pretty decent team around him, who might be a challenge for whomever they meet in the 2nd Round.

NaxrnDv.png

The team with 3 good Centers beats the team with 0 good Centers. I guess that settles the age old question. Skizzlet with a tidy performance, and nothing more was required of him.

jCb5Xre.png

A good, not great, performance by Sonius, and it's plenty enough when it's matched by several other Indiana players. Anthony Davis and Bones Hyland were unable to stem the tide, and the end result is the Pacers are back in the 2nd Round! Last year they had a somewhat better record in getting there, but they also played and beat the 62-win Knicks. This time it's merely the Kevin Durant Wizards.

Now, if everyone could just do me a favour and have quick, short 2nd Round series. Ideally 4.5 games on average, so I can get away with no combined pictures.

HFwyTDs.png

You should post the goat list every update just so I can reminisce

24/25 Playoffs 1st Round - East

@oneniltothearsenal @Skizzo @reelworld @Dan @Solius @Heine @weetee @V.O.

m3RX9dE.png

AFXqZXf.png

The Hawks have absolutely demolished the Bulls. Four players with 20+ points, and one of them is Skizzlet. He had 9 blocks to boot, nearly getting a triple double with 0 assists.

yWCRbSa.png

Boston came into the 4th quarter with a lead, but Indiana caught them and passed them, fuelled by some great starter performances. Sonius finishing with a great 28/18/7 (and 5 blocks on top of that). Brandon Boston Jr., who I can only assume is the heir to the Boston Celtics fortune, with a very efficient performance for Boston.

iK350aK.png

Easy win for the Knicks. Three stars with good (but not amazing) performances, and that was plenty enough.

sB4vdPA.png

26 points from Dan II isn't going to cut it for the 76ers. If they want to win, they ought to give Dan II 30 shots, or more. It's an ominous sign that the Wizards can win comfortably even when Kevin Durant gets 12 points on 12 shots.

HfqSMIO.png

Closer than last game, but Atlanta takes a 2-0 lead. Another grand performance by Skizzlet.

KAXpNx8.png

The Celtics grab game 2! Well, it's more like the Pacers politely handed them game 2. While Sonius isn't primarily a volume scorer, you're in a bit of trouble if he has more offensive rebounds, total rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and fouls than points. 1 point is 8 fewer than his second lowest haul this season, and the only reason it's not his lowest ever is that he got injured 3 minutes into a game once.

(And with that I've discovered I can sort through individual players' game logs (per season), so I might do something with that the next time I do some stats - and definitely at the end of the simulation)

Vf7Hdqe.png

Another crushing victory for the New York Knicks. Two Nil with a preposterous 25/26/8 game, with 5 steals on top of that. reelworld II played second fiddle this time, but 22/5/10 is no mean performance.

L9tJsVp.png

That's the second game in a row Devin Booker is injured, and it's starting to become a problem. Dan II going 2 out of 16 from 3 is another problem, but he'd have to have gone 8-16 for it to make any difference.

oD1NchC.png

Another good game by Skizzlet, but it's not enough this time. Zion with the monster performance, and the Bulls are back in it. This game means Skizzlet has officially doubled his total playoff appearance count. Well, more than doubled if you don't count the play-in tournament, which honestly you shouldn't.

Zki92Oi.png

A 7-point win might not look too comfortable for the Pacers, but considering the Celtics beat the Pacers by 22 points in the final quarter, you don't get the impression Indiana was ever in any danger of losing.

MOz1HxM.png

A much closer win than we've seen so far in this series, but a win is a win. It's 3-0 any way you cut it.

Dp9Y4Ky.png

A closer game in this series too, but the end result is the same as in the previous one. Kevin Durant's 10 turnovers wasn't quite enough to make up for his 24 points. Dan II with a good game, but the 76ers seem clueless defensively (Durant turnovers notwithstanding). Maybe trading John Collins wasn't so clever after all.

oH6BNZG.png

Easy win for the Hawks, and this one is looking near over.

cVH5UtI.png

Sonius leads the Pacers to a 3-1 lead with a storming 26/29/5 game, with 6 blocks, but the injury to Isaiah Jackson isn't a great development for Indiana. Admittedly they are well covered in his position, but he's also been having a pretty good series so far.

MZxsDac.png

reelworld II takes a game off, basically, but it's still easily enough for the Knicks to sweep the Magic. Jayson Tatum going 3-22 didn't hurt, nor Two Nil going 23/18/7 in only 23 and a half minutes.

nAI9qWM.png

Now, this I did not expect! The Wizards have gone and swept the 76ers. Old news beating new... news. 37-year old Kevin Durant with a 34/9/4 game, proving he's still got it. It doesn't hurt that he's actually got a pretty decent team around him, who might be a challenge for whomever they meet in the 2nd Round.

NaxrnDv.png

The team with 3 good Centers beats the team with 0 good Centers. I guess that settles the age old question. Skizzlet with a tidy performance, and nothing more was required of him.

jCb5Xre.png

A good, not great, performance by Sonius, and it's plenty enough when it's matched by several other Indiana players. Anthony Davis and Bones Hyland were unable to stem the tide, and the end result is the Pacers are back in the 2nd Round! Last year they had a somewhat better record in getting there, but they also played and beat the 62-win Knicks. This time it's merely the Kevin Durant Wizards.

Now, if everyone could just do me a favour and have quick, short 2nd Round series. Ideally 4.5 games on average, so I can get away with no combined pictures.

HFwyTDs.png

Alright, good start to the playoffs. This has to be our year! We need a title for all these regular season success!

Worst player in his family and still better than nearly all y'all

24/25 Playoffs 2nd Round New
24/25 Playoffs 2nd Round

Slightly ominous that attempting to preview this post while in BB Code mode throws up an error message, while doing so in the normal view works. Sometimes I can't get out of BB Code mode either.

@Heine @weetee @V.O. @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Skizzo @Solius

07avjRe.png

WTliALH.png

The Wizards with an easy win. Sonius has a good game, but he's not going to stop Washington on his own.

The Knicks also take an expected series lead. Two Nil dominates all phases of play with a 23/16/12 triple double.

b4ZSkSs.png

The Clippers take a surprising but well deserved lead over the champions! Lil' V.O. and weeweetee both had great games, the latter dropping 44 points, but in overall quality the Clippers were the superior team.

Heine and Jamal Murray have no problem taking Utah down together.

UKfWHJr.png

Sonius and the Pacers strike back, and our man does it with a 30/20/5. He gets some help from his teammates this time, and it's enough to stop the Kelly Oubre Wizards.

It's a similar story in the other game, though the scoreline is quite different. Two Nil with a much weaker game than the previous, and it wasn't enough that reelworld II improved. There were no true stand-out performances on the Hawks, it was just a solid performance all round.

8h9Bbcq.png

The Spurs take a very easy 2-0 lead, and the Rockets have tied up their series. weeweetee and Lil' V.O. both had significantly better game 1 performances, but their teammates did their part this time.

AhbVl7b.png

Sonius with a monster performance, and the Pacers needed it! 23/25/5 (plus 4 steals and 4 blocks) was just about enough to beat a Washington where (almost) all the starters contributed.

The Knicks didn't have everyone performing, but in their case it was enough to have the three stars all have great performances. reelworld II and Two Nil both ended with 32.4 GameScore.

R8FEoEA.png

More great performances from our Houston Cafites, with Lil' V.O. in particular doing everything he could to take a 2-1 lead.

Heine and the Spurs have less reason to be happy, as they get trounced by the Utah Jazz.

LshUXnj.png

31/12/9 (with 5 steals and 7 blocks) from Heine, and the Utah Jazz have no way of stopping the San Antonio Spurs from taking a commanding series lead.

1eapl0V.png

This is easy for the Pacers!

EukCe3s.png

Two Nil does what he can with a 23/22/8 performance, including a disgusting 10 blocks. The 8 turnovers aren't great, though, and the Hawks take advantage and tie the series up despite a nominally poor game by Skizzlet (though the 5 blocks didn't go amiss).

iCMfmWm.png

There's only two points in it, but the Clippers even the series score! Two more good games by the Cafites, but it was one of those games where the rest of the team simply didn't do their part.

AorPDLR.png

The Spurs are through to the Conference Finals! As expected, perhaps, but the Utah Jazz have subverted expectations before. Heine with another good performance as well.

rwNW1Ih.png

Atlanta takes the series lead! It's not like the New York players had particularly bad games, by and large, but there were plenty of properly good performances from the Atlanta players.

ja6d31k.png

Looking at the player stats it immediately looks like the Wizards dominated the Pacers, but it only came down to a single point in the end. Sonius had the second best performance on the Pacers, but fouling out no doubt let the Wizards back into it.

jCqYzzP.png

The pattern is pretty clear now. If the Rockets have literally anyone else contributing, they're probably winning. If they don't, they're probably losing.

Q1Ka1VI.png

What an upset! The Atlanta Hawks are deceptively good, but the Knicks were the clear favourites for a reason. The two biggest stars, Two Nil and reelworld II, couldn't quite do it when it counted the most. Skizzlet could, on the other hand. Hell, he didn't even have Lauri Markkanen for most of the game, and the Hawks still won! It didn't hurt that Jusuf Nurkic dropped 30.

nfzlXws.png

Oh dear, it's happened again. Sonius was perhaps not having the best game of his life, but going 13/20/3 in 30 minutes is still pretty good. But then he fouls out, and the Pacers can't compensate. This time teammate Did Louzada also fouled out. Suddenly it's 3-3!

6FKJfri.png

Not the greatest game in the world from Tyus Jones, but I still say this confirms the theory. Great performances by our lads, plus something from someone else, equals a playoff win. It'll be Rockets v Spurs, again (again, again, again, etc.).

eLWdpO5.png

See what happens when Sonius plays 41 minutes instead of 29 minutes? Admittedly fully 4 out of the starting 5 players very much did their part, so it didn't only come down to Sonius not fouling out.

A very familiar match-up in the West, but a tantalizingly new one in the East. Atlanta haven't been in the Conference Finals since 2004, when they got swept by the Vince Carter Bulls (who were themselves beaten 4-3 by the Solius/weetee/The Cat Supersonics, so yeah, it's a while ago!).

mH3rcYY.png

Mad how their entire team disbanded and it still boils down to us vs SA in the West.

Lets get revenge for last season now! I think we are a better built team while Rockets looks a bit weaker so while they should be favorites going in we will put up a real fight! And with Knicks bottling it the final looks open aswell

Lets get revenge for last season now! I think we are a better built team while Rockets looks a bit weaker so while they should be favorites going in we will put up a real fight! And with Knicks bottling it the final looks open aswell
what

Missed a few words, I blame writing on the phone. Better build than last season, while you are a bit weaker than last season

I think that makes more sense :)