Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

Just let us finish suns so that we can show Houston how to play basketball
I‘d love some 1v1 feature in this sim.

Not quite 1v1:

xEC33Vl.png

Come to Houston and repeat that and I‘ll take a quick bow.

2022 Playoffs 2nd Round New
2022 Playoffs 2nd Round

@Heine @hobbers @Solius @weetee @V.O. @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Stobzilla @Solius

AGHC9hP.png

hCqP8UB.png

35-point Spurs win, here we go again! Heine and Sonius with some extremely efficient shooting (though Heine could maybe work on his free throws)
6zPgyfs.png

If you let weeweetee take 19 three pointers, you're probably not winning. Even if he "only" hits 8 of them.
jryB5vy.png

Closer than I thought it would be! Lil-Nut with the highly efficient shooting (but no three pointers, despite having a pretty good shot beyond the arc).

bPQINOq.png

axmk1ZV.png

Not even Herbert Jones grabbing 7 offensive rebounds could save the Suns. They're by far the weakest team in the Conference Finals, so maybe we shouldn't be too surprised.
lZA3683.png

Utah grab one back! They've upset strong favourites before, so the Rockets can't take anything for granted.
Ih2kt1x.png

Ja Morant picks up a minor injury, but the Heat's shooting was so poor that they couldn't capitalize on it. 3-12 from Lil-Nut.

jyB1DEv.png

Oh lordy, Kevin Durant isn't dead yet.

BqlNyCZ.png

Storming game by Nobbers.
SgCnVDT.png

Houston grab one back. The trend here is that weeweetee is the less efficient shooter, but it's probably not as easy as just giving Lil' V.O. more shots, given he's only good close to the basket. This time the defence is good enough to shut down Utah's shooters, in any case.
xMvPw5Q.png

A game to forget for Lil-Nut, though he plays the part of the assister well. A monster 25/18/14 game from Two Nil.

42xlb6Z.png

zfZbYv1.png

No more than a decent game by the Spurs, but it's enough when Andrew Wiggins goes 1-16, D'Angelo Russell goes 4-12, and Chris Singleton goes 2-11. 25 rebounds from Sonius is mighty. The Spurs are through to their 7th straight Western Conference Final.
FrwZuzB.png

A dominating performance by weeweetee, 39/9/10. Slightly less efficient shooting than usual from Lil' V.O., and the result is that Utah were pretty close - though their starters all played pretty well as well. They're proving to be a very competent challenge despite their lack of true superstars on the team.
oVhJgZw.png

The Knicks are through to Conference Finals, again! Three 20 point performances, though from wildly different shooting outcomes. Normally you'd expect more than a 5 point win if reelworld II is taking 18 3-pointers. Still, now it only remains to be seen who they will face in the next round: Chicago or Washington?

Lil-Nut may be disappointed to be swept, but he could also keep in mind that it took his father several more years to make it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs himself.

gyis4cF.png

C7ximi4.png

The Rockets are through as well! Not unexpected, though there were some close shaves. The game that wins the series was by far the easiest, with two more great performances by the Houston superstars - and mostly decent performances from the supporting cast.
DhTxT9M.png

ysoc4Z8.png

Well this is familiar. It's the exact same Conference Finals as last season. And the one before that, minus Houston. And the one before that, minus New York. And the one before that, minus New York. And... you get the idea. We didn't always get the same results in those, but the last couple of years it's been all Spurs - and easily at that. Three in a row in difficult, though. Since the start of our simulation, only the altodevil Lakers managed it, in their prime. They did four while they were at it. Three of those were over Kevin Durant and the Wizards, incidentally, if you needed reminding of his longevity.

Let‘s see if we can make it at least a wee bit interesting.

@nimic the images appear to be broken (for me) from spoiler game 4 onwards.

edit: seems to work now. Thanks for the update nimic.

Last edited:
20122 Playoffs Conference Finals New
2022 Playoffs Conference Finals

@Heine @hobbers @Solius @weetee @V.O. @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Stobzilla

Igvai8y.png

piyhon2.png

Game 1 in the West goes to the Spurs! Almost no production at all from the Rockets bench.

f4St1Q5.png

I'm beginning to think the most important player on the Knicks might be Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. At least as far as scoring goes. Easy Knicks win.

EPVcmzZ.png

NB1Dmpd.png

weeweetee goes out injured. He'll be back next game, if a little reduced, but certainly they had no chance of winning this one when he couldn't even play half the game.

lif4ff8.png

Well, I guess Two Nil can score as well! reelworld II with a decent 27 points as well. Durant with 40, but it wasn't enough.

3RpVIsz.png

A suffering weeweetee took 31 shots, but it wasn't enough. Closer than before, mind, but when Jevon Carter gets 22 on you, you're done.

tmdqfZz.png

A 290-point game of basketball, you don't see that every day. Clearly defending was on no one's mind. That may have favoured the Wizards, who managed to take one back.

Wq3YgyX.png

Well, whatever happens there's not going to be another perfect playoff run from the Spurs! weeweetee with a monster game, 56 points. While it was "only" a 13 point win, that's the joint biggest loss for the Spurs all season.

MNO3KMV.png

The Knicks hit right back, though this one came down to two points in the end. reelworld II can't afford to go 2-15 from three again if they want to close this one out.

kwN2aq6.png

edtPbBH.png

The Rockets decided to let their bench players do the shooting this game, which proved to be a big mistake. The Spurs don't come out of it unscathed, though. Depending on how long the East series goes on for, Nobbers could anything from 3-4 games to close to the entire NBA Final.

zpLpCzS.png

The Wizards doing the Spurs a favour, this one isn't over! Two Nil goes 18-19 from the free throw line, but the shooting in general just wasn't good enough - particularly from three.

gjaeljW.png

Another close game, but this time Washington come out on top! New York can't blame bad shooting this time. Their opponents might come to regret losing Jusuf Nurkic, though they proved that they were able to win without him this game.

feQl3EN.png

Terrible shooting from reelworld II after a great showing last time, and bad shooting from Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, but the Wizards matched them for bad shooting and then some. Stobzilla II steps up with an efficient game.

That means we'll get a repeat of last year's final! That one was a sweep for the Spurs, but the Spurs are slightly worse and the Knicks are slightly better. Well, I think, though their respective records actually show the opposite. There's one very big difference, however: the Nobbers injury. They have to at least try to get one of the early games, to stay in it until their biggest star is back.

Q1DfS81.png

r5p9QVZ.png

And then the coach doesn't even play my rickety ass in the last game.

«Biggest star» :mad:

Sore loosers, going after nobbers out of spite… Rockets going into the history books though, first playoff win against us in 3 years

(I am not this arrogant normally btw :p Even though I am what we call a bad winner according to my wife)

I‘m playing the greatest season in the history of this sport and we can‘t even finish first nor have a chance against „them“ in the play-offs. Lucky feckers, the lot of em.

@Solius I have it on good authority that you're calling it quits after this season. You're still 56 rating, but that might easily drop to 46 next season at your age. Do you want to stay?

Bow out gracefully with me old boy.

@Solius I have it on good authority that you're calling it quits after this season. You're still 56 rating, but that might easily drop to 46 next season at your age. Do you want to stay?
Yeah screw it I’ll stay.

2022 NBA Final New
2022 NBA Final

@Heine @hobbers @Solius @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Stobzilla @BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @The Cat @altodevil @Salt Bailly @V.O. @weetee @P-Nut @Dan

D6Byk64.png

Are we going to have a threepeat? I can pretty much guarantee that at least one of Heine and Sonius are leaving at the end of their contracts in 2023, so the legacy building is now. It's hard to predict what the Knicks are going to look like the next few years, so the clock is ticking in New York as well.

C0CXpSj.png

First blood goes to the Nobbers-less Spurs! We all know how lucky they were to draft Nobbers, Heine and Sonius, but I don't think it should be underestimated how lucky they were to then draft Jamal Murray. That's four superstars, basically.

5GDmpiU.png

And another one! That's two bad shooting games now from reelworld II and Shai Gilgeous-Alexande. The Spurs are being significantly more efficient.

JZYLDum.png

Well well well, at least there won't be a sweep! Bad shooting from the three (healthy) Spurs stars, whereas the Knicks generally shot better than they have.

wp1IxU5.png

Incredible shooting from Sonius and Heine.

G9HTHZW.png

The Spurs are Champions, still! Another strong performance, this time joined by Nobbers. Solius turned back the years and provided 13 points in 12 minutes - minutes which the Knicks won by 12 points. Maybe that was all he could play, given his age and lack of endurance.

glLdL3D.png

Playoff stats

oNzxiGQ.png

Playoff leaders

HTTvJjc.png

GHuZ8Hw.png

IROvo3m.png

Last edited:
Finally Sonius steps up when it matters. Good showing from myself too. Not bad for a corpse.

Nice :drool: And show we can do it even with one injury. Either me or Sonius will be a hero if we brrak this up after next season :p

Lets feckin go boys. This one is for Nobbers' patellar. And hobbers' patellar. And his awful career choices.

Averaging 13 assists in the playoffs. That's why they call me the assist king.

21/22 Season Review New
If Pepper goes to a cafite team we'd end up with only 10 cafite teams, gotta be the lowest number for a long time.

This and then next will be the last regular drafts. Then I'll try to go historical (basically seeding in all retired players at random), and we'll see how long we go on for. At least until the last current Cafite has retired.

This and then next will be the last regular drafts. Then I'll try to go historical (basically seeding in all retired players at random), and we'll see how long we go on for. At least until the last current Cafite has retired.

Including hobbers and co?

I don't think the league is ready for another altodevil