Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

I guess that's the band staying together for at least another 2 seasons.

@nimic end the experiment

I would have thought you'd want to continue, but okay I'll delete everything

BYs0FXe.png

Ah the sim is doing that 'bending the space time continuum' thing again to try and stop the Spurs.

Also RIP alto. Is it just me and hobbers still going from the original group?

Why is Sonius declining so heavily?

Just the way the game works. Remember he started at 58 overall at draft, so 78 at 24 isn't too bad. Very nearly all players (maybe all, I haven't checked) have at least one year of ratings decline when they are young, and some more. Some even start out declining. Some players keep improving longer than others, but from the mid-to-late 20s there's definitely more decline than improvement. Sonius has a good chance of getting better again next year, though.

Also RIP alto. Is it just me and hobbers still going from the original group?

hobbers at 43, Solius 42, BenitoSTARR 40, everyone else in their early 30s or younger.

To be honest it should have been a league-wide jersey retirement

Karma for hobbers would be nobbers winning the next 5 rings in a row.

Ffs nobbers and Sonius! Offseason is for training and improving, not partying and fecking around!

21/22 Season Preview Part 2 New
21/22 Season Preview Part 2

@Skizzo @Dr. Dwayne @V.O. @weetee @BenitoSTARR @The Cat @altodevil @P-Nut @Salt Bailly

I put them in spoilers this time, for reasons. Let me know if clicking them is a hassle (or come up with a better excuse than weak fingers)

KmHlZZS.png

yN0UPUD.png

It feels like Skizzlet has been around forever without getting any better, but in reality he's just turned 22. And he has been getting better, it's just that he wasn't one of those players who started with very high overall ratings and then subsequently think they might as well be dead if they're "only" 75 rating. In any case, 67 overall rating is a very good rating to be for a Center - and Skizzlet is doubless just getting started. He must like it in Atlanta, having signed a new contract. He did leave at first, mind, but came right back to the Hawks. Can you blame him with that salary? Still, the Atlanta Hawks aren't a particular healthy franchise, so he may be just be evaluating his opportunities, safe in the knowledge that he will be able to tear up his contract if he needs to.
AzVGsPJ.png

hkDFlb7.png

25 seems a bit early for Dr. Junior's body to decide that it's time for physical decline, but at least his brain talked to his hands and... this analogy is getting away from me, but the point is that our man isn't necessarily a worse player than he was last season. The performances will tell the tale. Unfortunately he'll probably need more than "not worse" to get the Cavs into the playoffs - even with the play-in tournament. They can get to 10th, surely, but can they then win two games to advance to the big show? They couldn't last season, in any case. The team is a bit changed from last season, which is never a bad thing when you were already bad. If it doesn't improve, or even gets worse, Dr. Junior should consider whether his contract is worth honoring in sunny Cleveland.
ju46Lou.png

6MQRQNo.png

HOGrqok.png

The BasketballGM gods must have heard weeweetee and Lil' V.O.'s incessant complaining about merely being perennial 1 or 2-seeds, all stars, all league, MVP candidates, and what have you. And clearly the BasketballGM gods love weeweetee and Lil' V.O., because instead of smiting them down as if they were hobbers in the playoffs, both saw significant improvements. For weeweetee's sake that just amounts to a single point increase, but 92 to 93 is enough for the game to put him at the top of the "most improved players" list. Right behind him there's Lil' V.O., whose 4-point jump should put him right back in the DPOY conversation, if not MVP. I'm not convinced even this will be enough for them to finally win a title, with mostly lacklustre teammates backing them up, but they're definitely not without chance.
odSjyWk.png

MpthTMx.png

eZQbnoa.png

5slgt0Z.png

The Memphis Grizzlies have a pretty good starting 5. sontodevil may have declined ever so slightly in the off-season, but we've already seen his father prove a very effective playoff defender as he declined far past sontodevil's current level. The Cub is the older of the two, and his best days should be behind him, but he's gotten better all the same. He's also one of those players whose performance is higher than his overall rating would suggest. At 69 he might play better than 75-80 rated players, easily. Finally we've got BenitoSTARR, the true old man of the team. At 40 he's the third oldest player in the league. His best days are certainly far behind him. but there's always room for someone who can shoot efficiently. The Grizzlies are yet to truly impress in the playoffs, partly due to the presence of bonafide super teams.
yv0GWvD.png

ctZVTs6.png

Did Lil-Nut get better over the summer? Yesn't. Did the Miami Heat improve around him? Oh indeed, very much so. Okay players got better, and bad players became playable. You wouldn't think it'd be enough to really do something special this season, but we've seen a few upsets so far. And with the Spurs getting a little bit worse, that might open up the possibilities. It will require Lil-Nut to take charge, though. Let's see if he's up to the task.
hhzEzje.png

aHGZsWf.png

Pepper Bailly's contract runs out at the end of the season, and if the Timberwolves want him to stay, they better get to winning ASAP. They were pretty good last year, making the playoffs in a very strong Western Conference. Pepper Bailly himself has kept improving, and while the rest of the starting 5 is generally unchanged (except for Sharife Cooper), the team is looking quite deep. There's limited quality in the depth, but we've seen a lack of depth punish better teams before. Let's see what our man can do under these circumstances.
5Lu20Sc.png

oSzOAqa.png

You know, the New Orleans Pelicans don't actually look that bad. Nor does BenitwoSTARRLET, though she took a slight step backwards over the summer. It's still early in her career, though, and it might be interesting to see what she can do when she's got a half-decent team around her. They're not good by any means, but they're relatively deep. They also have a lot of potential for improvement, with their 8 best players all 25 or younger, with the exception of Kenrich Williams.

The BasketballGM gods must have heard weeweetee and Lil' V.O.'s incessant complaining about merely being perennial 1 or 2-seeds, all stars, all league, MVP candidates, and what have you. And clearly the BasketballGM gods love weeweetee and Lil' V.O., because instead of smiting them down as if they were hobbers in the playoffs, both saw significant improvements. For weeweetee's sake that just amounts to a single point increase, but 92 to 93 is enough for the game to put him at the top of the "most improved players" list. Right behind him there's Lil' V.O., whose 4-point jump should put him right back in the DPOY conversation, if not MVP. I'm not convinced even this will be enough for them to finally win a title, with mostly lacklustre teammates backing them up, but they're definitely not without chance.
:lol:

So alto, what‘s next? Politics? Back to Austria?

If the BasketballGM would love V.O. And me they would have never let that Bismack sale go through. The rest is incredibly hard work and willpower.

altodevil was actually player coach for the spurs, now just head coach. So he's got like 13 rings really

fun fact, Tolkien got inspired by some ring hoggers here to write his famous tv series „rings of power“

21/22 Season Preview Part 3 New
21/22 Season Preview Part 3

@Solius @Stobzilla @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Dan @hobbers @Heine @sebsheep

RVpYKRg.png

8l8Ktug.png

LkhMAyU.png

wzfMcQk.png

nafymJE.png

After getting swept by the dominant Spurs in the NBA Final last year, I'm sure many in New York were growing quite pessimistic about overcoming the Western superteam. It didn't (and doesn't) help that the Knicks players are all older than the Spurs players. But the Knicks have one potentially massive advantage: a very, very deep team. The starting 5 is very good, but there are several 60+ rated players beyond that, and a whole host of 55+ rated players beyond that again. They will also be boosted by the meteoric rise of Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Two Nil also improved, and should now be considered the leader of the team. That doesn't mean that reelworld II or Stobzilla II declined a lot, though. Even Solius, at a creaky boned 42 years old, is declining exceedingly gracefully. Now, I do still think the Spurs are the clear favourites to win another ring, but I'd be genuinely surprised if there's another sweep. Though the Knicks have to make sure they get there first, of course.
XhbTcLq.png

AfC2rvG.png

Dan II is the 3rd best player on the 76ers, but he's also probably the most important. Well, it's hard to gauge his worth relative to the defensive giant John Collins, but what's certain is that they complement each other quite well. I think Philadelphia is one of those teams that doesn't have the very best starting 5, doesn't have the deepest team, and yet could still do some damage in the playoffs. When you've got a guy who can score 50+ on any given night, plus some great defenders, anything is possible.
9NVgO8f.png

4ROGpj3.png

Are we looking at the worst team in the league? Possibly. Not even prime hobbers could have saved the Trailblazers, probably, and this is far from prime hobbers. It's clear that no matter how slow and graceful your decline, when you get close to your mid-40s you are going to go off a cliff at some point. hobbers' contract runs out this season, and I strongly suspect he'll be retiring at the end of it.
crqZsRq.png

nDLwp8Q.png

nlPO52a.png

3aTscwo.png

And now for the Champions! While it may have seemed like a certainty that they would win another ring last season, it was actually the first time they've won two in a row. Can they make it three? They are still the single best team out there, at least in pure star power. Heine keeps improving, and can by some measures now be considered the best player on the team. Though Nobbers, while suffering a slight decline, is quite possibly still the most important player on the team. Sonius also had an off summer, though as a Center he's likely to be valuable beyond his overall rating. He's not relied on to be the biggest scorer in any case, though he can probably do it if he needs to. The biggest challenge for the Spurs is what it always has been: the lack of depth. With the loss of altodevil to retirement, that threat has become even more relevant. It only takes a single injury for the Spurs to starting players with ratings in their 50s. But as I said, that has largely been the case before. We are still looking at the on paper favourites to win yet another ring.
IyETV9r.png

gdKqnXo.png

The Kings are a very strange team. The starting five is very consistently good. It's also very possibly the most rationally constructed starting 5 in the league. No 3PG/2C line-ups here, I can tell you. They've got one of each. They're clearly a good team, in other words. But they're also a good team with the depth of a puddle. If I ran the Kings, I'd be looking at making some shrewd trades to fill out the team a bit. SebJr himself is more or less what he's always been. He's in his 30s now, so the physicality is suffering, but as a Point Guard that was never the most important part of his game. Let's see if the self proclaimed Assist King (or was it Assist God?) can help the Kings back into the playoffs.

somebody create a sackwatch thread for alto already.

21/22 35-Game Update New
21/22 35-game Update

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Standings

hlYVhuN.png

bs9pfkZ.png

Feats

7ZtxOKE.png

Award races

lSZZehJ.png
OJayMCW.png

Stats

ubtym2k.png

Trades

Dan II (76ers)
HwtX000.png

M8nJjHe.png

MkBQbUE.png

SebJr (Kings) - am I crazy or is this an incredible trade for the Kings?
Vn4fefv.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - doesn't look too good for the Rockets, but ultimately it is only a 51-rated player. If the Pacers are bad, that pick might be worth a lot.
TiBgu2I.png

Dr. Junior (Cavaliers), weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - maybe it's just me, but if your name is David Duke you probably shouldn't name your kid after you.
WOTX8UN.png

Lil-Nut (Heat) - I think this is fine?
153vFX0.png

Qpz9qca.png

UTr1ERs.png

Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves)
ZspQQlV.png

BenitwoSTARRLET (Pelicans)
77dgqs7.png

T7fZ6t5.png

hobbers (Trailblazers)
FjxWgRK.png

Think those trades should give us good depth in the next couple of years as well as a quality player for now.

Dr. Junior (Cavaliers), weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - maybe it's just me, but if your name is David Duke you probably shouldn't name your kid after you.
WOTX8UN.png
At least we should be able to trade him to Washington at some point. I think he'd make a grand Wizard.

Very good to see I am starting to get high on the award positions :D

Who did we loose against? I blame the coach