Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

17/18 Season Review
17/18 Season Review

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

ZrAOmXm.png

Summary

• weeweetee, Lil' V.O. and hobbers (Houston) made it to the Conference Final in the West, but remain unable to beat the Spurs.
    • Prediction: they'll be back next season, and the result will depend entirely on the relative improvements of the youngsters and declines of the oldheads. weeweetee will sign a new contract if the Rockets offer one - which they bloody well should.
  • sontodevil (Memphis) had a fantastic season personally, but wasn't able to drag his team to the 2nd Round this time.
    • Prediction: the Grizzlies will get even better, finishing in the top half in the regular season
  • Nobbers, Heine, Sonius and altodevil (San Antonio) got their revenge on Durant and his Wizards.
    • Prediction: repeat champions if altodevil can stay playable, or else if all the youngsters improve enough to compensate for the loss in defensive stability. That is, if they're all re-signed.
  • Dan II (Lakers) was predictably unable to stop his team from getting swept by the dominant Spurs. Dan II averaged more than 1 point per minute when he played.
    • Prediction: Dan II will get even better, and it might be what takes him from "bench player" to "regularly scores 40 points". He might leave the Lakers.
  • Dr. Junior and BenitoSTARR (Cleveland) beat the 76ers easily, but were swept by the Raptors in the 2nd Round - surprisingly easily.
    • Prediction: Dr. Junior will probably re-sign with the Cavaliers, but a lot of their best players are in their mid-late 20s or even 30s, so it's hard to predict how good they will be next season.
  • reelworld II (Milwaukee) was also unable to resist the Toronto sweep. He had a great personal season, but he's just one man.
    • Prediction: 4 out of 5 in the starting 5 (plus the 6th best player) are all 25 or younger. With some luck the team could look better next season. There are no guarantees, though.

Regular season

U3ctpYB.png

LgxyzFe.png

Season Awards

I'm surprised it wasn't Nobbers, but I think this is the one case where it helps to be on a worse team. sontodevil is the Memphis Grizzlies. The relative lack of Spurs players in the All-League Teams might suggest they're cannibalising each other as far as stats go. I'm sure they'll be fine with their rings.

nuQGH4D.png
CaR3eKL.png

BzSQwXn.png
3gMQScC.png

7rd2QEt.png

Player stats (regular season + playoffs)

dKXNMlK.png

Feats

F8xkv2g.png
W1mD518.png
orIScOl.png
h7jaAEF.png

y6dWQ1u.png

League news

Hall of Fame inductees: Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Josh Childress, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James

vFoAe99.png

Draft Lottery

All it takes for the two worst teams to get the two best picks is for neither of them to be the Oklahoma City Thunder.

jYiAo9s.png

This is the draft class in presumed draft order, but it often changes. The draft has not happened yet.

uW8oIC9.png

Even if I'm 45 overall, I don't care, I've got a decent chance at leeching an 8th and final ring.

Proud of my son but I'm no hypocrite, it's all about winning not awards.

Ah good, now Two Nil is the true heir to the triple double legacy

2018 Draft and Free Agency
2018 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Free Agency

Sonius, Heine, weeweetee and Dr. Junior all re-sign for their respective teams. That puts both the Spurs and the Rockets more than $45 million above the salary cap.

RAA5Aze.png

7X6rbMr.png
PQjtDxU.png

The Cub predictably decided to leave the Thunder, and has signed for the Brooklyn Nets.

ZCZHath.png

Draft

hbWwum2.png

HRPJDad.png

D605UjX.png

Trades

Nobbers, Heine, Sonius & altodevil (Spurs)
HxDiNQx.png

The Cub (Nets) - that second trade seems unhinged unless Labissière really is that important.
oFcaWKr.png

F4GhALR.png

reelworld II (Bucks), Two Nil & Stobzilla (Knicks)
qMGzljj.png

reelworld II (Bucks) - there's a lot going on here, but ultimately it hinges on Stephen Curry being good next season.
6qxMPYN.png

1Xm8pLf.png

y3dehgV.png

Mirotic has benched me, but what an acquisition given I'll be using a zimmer.

The band is back for another round! Great! Sonius taking less shows a good teamplayer, and let me get my money :D

I like getting Mirotic, even though the screenshot of Ntilikina shows that it was most likely a bad trade... Still, the team gives away high 1sts that most likely will never play a big role to get another ring, I like that

18/19 Season Preview Part 1
Hate it or love it your boy Nobbers is on top, he gonna nobble you until his heart stops.

Sonius once again nowhere on these lists. No wonder Heine got 1.5 times his salary.

Hate it or love it your boy Nobbers is on top, he gonna nobble you until his heart stops.

Sonius once again nowhere on these lists. No wonder Heine got 1.5 times his salary.

Yeah my child is a bit of a disappointment in the grand scheme of things.

3rd best player in the world :D

I really love the Texas rivalry, with Houston on top of the power rankings. Too bad for Houston we are a team built for playoffs with our great defense. I kinda feel we are a bit like the Lebron-Wade-Bosh Heat team with nobbers our Lebron and we all have to sacrifice to play winning basketball.

nobbers going on visits to his pa and asking if he would like to see how a ring looks…

3rd best player in the world :D

I really love the Texas rivalry, with Houston on top of the power rankings. Too bad for Houston we are a team built for playoffs with our great defense. I kinda feel we are a bit like the Lebron-Wade-Bosh Heat team with nobbers our Lebron and we all have to sacrifice to play winning basketball.

nobbers going on visits to his pa and asking if he would like to see how a ring looks…

altodevil is doing the same to his son, but then he in turn asks whether the old man would like to see what the MVP trophy looks like.

Some call him Alto, we call him Gramps. He failed to teach his son winning basketball, so we are his familiy now

18/19 Season Preview Part 2
18/19 Season Preview Part 2

@Skizzo @The Cat @BenitoSTARR @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @hobbers @V.O. @weetee @Dan

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (29-53)

4rPNdjc.png

oLMmnzk.png

Skizzlet isn't one of those immediate superstars we've seen earlier, but he's steadily getting there. He's a grower, not a shower. Being on a team full of Centers and Forwards might get in the way of his playing time, but even so he'll no doubt be given plenty of chances to show what he's about. The Hawks aren't the best team, but they've got a fair amount of depth. Playoffs, maybe?

The Cub - Brooklyn Nets (36-46)
xAMwLG5.png

ehXidmq.png

The Cub could have won a couple of titles so far, if he had been luckier (or smarter) with his team choice. The Brooklyn Nets aren't going to be particularly good this season, I suspect. The silver lining is that there are two other young and already pretty good players on the team. With a bit of luck they could make the playoffs this season already, but with even more luck they could be a good team already next season.

Dr. Junior & BenitoSTARR - Cleveland Cavaliers (52-30, 2nd Round)

keGMRz4.png

m4bMzSC.png

njiFdqq.png

The physicality of BenitoSTARR has taken a dive. He's still got very solid skills, but it remains to be seen whether his career playing style is possible for a 37-year old hammer. He's had a fantastic career, so anything he can add to the Cavs is a bonus at this point. Either way Dr. Junior is going to be the main man in Cleveland. They should aim for the playoffs, certainly considering they were the 3-seed last season, but there are no guarantees. Even in the East.

BenitwoSTARRLET & P-Nut - Denver Nuggets (41-41)
MBqCqz8.png

Yoht6pp.png

P3lm9E6.png

The Nuggets were quite unlucky to miss out on the playoffs last season, finishing with a completely even 41-41 record. While they've started this one poorly, the first week isn't a great indicator of bad teams (though it often is of really good teams; more on that later). There's no reason why Denver shouldn't be even better than last year. P-Nut has the same overall rating, but his technical skills all improved. He got a bit slower, but he should still be able to put up some great performances. The only thing holding him and BenitwoSTARRLET back might be that they're both incredible shooters. They can't both take all the shots.

weeweetee, Lil' V.O. & hobbers - Houston Rockets (68-14, Conference Finals)

dvC6g8c.png

0mLqlpK.png

nN19Pfv.png

EXxo8UF.png

Okay, so the Rockets didn't win the NBA last season. They did get back to the Conference Finals, though. And while they've got a fantastic team to contend with (the Spurs), every year makes it more likely that altodevil's defence is no longer so important. The only thing the Houston gang can do is keep improving. Well, hobbers won't improve at this point, but at 40 he's still a 62 overall rating player, a good starter on almost all teams. weeweetee and Lil' V.O. both got a bit better, though. And when your rating is in the mid 80s, any improvement (or decline) matters a lot more than lower down the scale.

Dan II - Los Angeles Lakers (43-39, 1st Round)

XrrZCZv.png

VLvpHIn.png

A couple of seasons ago Dan II was allowed to play 4 minutes on average, in under half of the Lakers' games, scoring 4 points per game. This season I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 25+. The challenge is that there are two other Point Guards who are technically better than him, though in reality I suspect he's the best player on the team. If he keeps getting a little bit better, he might average 30 next season. Or 35.

Is kemba the last laker standing from the dynasty?

18/19 Season Preview Part 3
18/19 Season Preview Part 3

@altodevil @sebsheep @reelworld @Salt Bailly @Solius @Stobzilla @oneniltothearsenal @hobbers @Heine

Given I'm showing the whole 55+ rating squad, some of you are on pretty shallow teams.

sontodevil - Memphis Grizzlies (46-36, 1st Round)
AWZs9mI.png

nMnXYUX.png

Coming off his 1st MVP award and his 3rd DPOY award, sontodevil has something to prove this season. Is he really the best player in the league? If he is, he's got to try to get past the 1st Round of the playoffs. That's going to be easier said than done, given that the West is very, very strong - particularly at the top. Still, the Grizzlies have a very strong 6-man rotation, even if it gets rather weak beyond that. The first goal has to be to avoid the 6-8 seeds for once.

SebJr - Miami Heat (36-46)
VrpE5Bf.png

Mrrta15.png

SebJr is actually not on one of those shallow teams I mentioned at the top. In fact, it's rather the opposite. Granted, a lot of that depth isn't of the very highest quality, but a decent player is better than a bad player. I double-checked that with Michael Owen, and he agreed. Now, does it matter that 6 of the 10 best players on the team are Point Guards, including the top 3? Why yes. Yes it does. All I know is that if SebJr wants to secure that Hall of Fame spot that eluded his father, he's going to have to have a good final third of his career.

reelworld II - Milwaukee Bucks (39-43, 1st Round)
Olg0qFz.png

rch4JQZ.png

And now for something completely different. Where the Heat were the opposite of a good example of shallow depth, the Bucks are the opposite of that again. It honestly doesn't help that the entire squad is 11 players, where 2 of those are damn near unplayable and one, Michael Porter, is literally unplayable - for the next 80+ games probably. reelworld II is still realistically a top 10 player, but he needs to prove it by dragging the Bucks to the playoffs. Again.

Pepper Bailly - Minnesota Timberwolves (40-42)
CempsdU.png

wBNrWnm.png

The only reason the Timberwolves don't have as bad depth as the Bucks is that Wendell Carter Jr. went from 42 (unplayable) to 56 (pretty good) over the off season. With the continued improvements to Pepper Bailly, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to take off some of the load, Minnesota actually have a rather good starting 5. If they don't make the playoffs it'll be solely due to the fact that every player below Carter is 50 or below. There's still time for trades, so maybe something can be done?

Solius - New Orleans Pelicans (17-65)
KLd491S.png

WJkECux.png

At what point will this 39 year old man stop scoring 20+ points per game? It doesn't look like it's this season. Last season he ended at precisely 20.0, but the addition of Luka Doncic might just make it easier for him to score. It's not like there's any pressure to make the playoffs or anything. Not being last is probably a good enough goal. He's got his MVP award, his rings, his All NBA Teams, all defensive, All Star appearances all star MVP, etc, etc. At this point it's all gravy, which I'm nearly positive is some kind of expression.

Two Nil & Stobzilla II - New York Knicks (36-46)
zcgtlrE.png

F9JUFo8.png

bNYtu7r.png

Are the Knicks good again? They've flattered to deceive before, but I think this might be the season they return to the playoffs. The last time was in 2014, when BenitoSTARR was the best player on the team. Since then Stobzilla II has gotten even better, despite only getting older (one year at a time). They've also added Two Nil since then, and he's turning into quite the player. He was already a triple double machine last season, and I suspect I won't even bother screenshotting his statistical feats this season. I don't think they're winning any rings this season, but we've seen upsets in the Final before. Let's get to the playoffs before worrying about that, though.

Nobbers, Heine, Sonius & altodevil (61-21, NBA Champions)
IN2I0XV.png

03So7ia.png

tgC0ZKs.png

cNibiTd.png

EVAfgki.png

It's the champions! They're actually one of those shallow teams I mentioned, though how much does that actually matter when their entire starting 5 is 66 or higher rating? There are teams without a single player at 66 - and surprisingly many of them are in the West. The youngsters all got better too, though Sonius had one of those in-between off-seasons. Nobbers solidified himself as the best player in the league, while Heine took a leap up the rankings. Honestly, you can't not have these guys as the prohibitive favourites to repeat their championship run. Whether or not it happens might actually hinge on altodevil's contributions. I think the Spurs can thank their lucky stars that altodevil has aged that gracefully. That said, at some point that physical decline is going to impact his usefulness in the playoffs. If it isn't this season, they're winning again. If they can avoid injuries.

Already lost twice, one of those to Houston probably.

No doubt Sonius' fault.

Still usable. Have a funny feeling I'll retire at this season's end given contract is up. But I'd love to rot on the bench and pick up rings.

18/19 30-Game Update
18/19 30-Game Update

MpzLqvc.png

Trades

hobbers (Rockets > Warriors), weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - this is a clear case of age discrimination. Ultimately this does make the Rockets slightly worse, probably, but it also means they have a PG who is 14 years younger than hobbers.
x0NCe3t.png

MHRi6Mh.png

Dan II (Lakers > 76ers) - not a bad move for Dan II, on the face of it
56UHQzJ.png

Dan II (76ers), hobbers (Warriors)
f3Qu3cZ.png

9MkPzCh.gif

sontodevil (Grizzlies) - say what you will about the Grizzlies, but at least they're going for it.
dgUyqdA.png

reelworld II (Bucks) - Yeah okay I guess?
w4B7rtf.png

Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves) - seems like a position trade
2s5JvJY.png

Solius (Pelicans) - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
J5fX6Vz.png

Standings

D7y3OMv.png

yNwHkrp.png

Stats

5tCW7CD.png

Finally, a look at the new teams of hobbers and Dan II

SGj20I2.png