Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 17/18 | Season Preview Part 3 | Draft and Free Agency | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Kevin Durant

nimic

something nice
Scout
2016 All Star Weekend

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine)

Standings

The fight for the 1-seed might be over, and it looks like hobbers will have to settle for 2nd. Unless SebJr can keep doing what he's doing with the Miami Heat. Dr. Junior has also managed to drag his Cavaliers into a playoff spot, though there are three teams on 26 wins to keep ahead of for the rest of the season. Dan II is still in a playoff spot, though he hasn't played a minute of basketball since last update. That might be why they're currently in terrible form... is certainly what Dan II might be saying.

Two Nil's Raptors have also had poor form, and thus dropped a few spots. They're one of those 26-win teams, though, so it's far from impossible to turn around. Incredibly the same could maybe even be said for BenitoSTARR and Stobzilla II on the Knicks and reelworld II on the Bucks. It would take a great late run.

As expected we've got two teams duelling it out for the 1st seed. Lil' V.O. and weeweetee are still #1, though remarkably they may be overtaken even while going 25-6 since last time. That's because the Fearsome Foursome in San Antonio have shown even better form. I strongly suspect we're looking at the West Conference Final right there. sontodevil will maybe disagree, as his Memphis are doing better than last season, when they famously swept the 1-seed Rockets. Samid's Timberwolves are currently on a 10 win streak, which is... surprising. At the bottom of the playoff spots we have weetee's Warriors, who are in serious danger of dropping below the line.

One of the teams that might be looking to supplant the Warriors would be the Kings, lead by the Bailly Family. The remaining Cafites are probably too far off, given the strength of the conference. P-Nut is having a good season, but it's not good enough to save the Nuggets. The same can be said for Solius and the Pelicans. And then there's the Thunder and their victims, The Cub and Dr. Dwayne. They only recently smashed the all time NBA losing streak record, by 39 to 28. Yes, they lost 39 games in a row. At least they have their own pick this time.

Slam Dunk Contest

It's Sonius - a rookie wins the Slam Dunk Contest! That's three Cafite wins in a row, after two victories by The Cub. You guys are starting to get a hang of that dunking business.

Three Point Contest

1st Round - 4 advance

Klay Thompson: 23
Kevin Durant: 18

Dan II is through!

Samid as well

And reelworld II

Solius joins reelworld II, Samid and Dan II in the 2nd Round. It's an all-Cafite affair.

2nd Round - 2 advance

reelworld II is through to the Final Round. Solius needs 27 or more to advance.

It'll be reelworld II versus Samid!

Final Round

25 wasn't enough to make the 2nd Round - can it really be enough to win the Final Round?

It can! reelworld II wins his second Three Point Contest!

All Star Teams

All Star Game

Trades

Just one big bulk this time, since I can only do 20 pictures in a post.

Here's me quoting my own post again because altodevil had to go to a new page.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We've turned into a pretty decent team. Not sure we can compete with the others but definitely better than anything seb snr managed.

Heine

I quite liked Jason, but I see the logic in trading him for a bit depth while saving $1 mill cap (I suspect we have cheap owners). Hopefully saving that to pay Nobbers, also considering that both Brown and Wilcox are expiring.

OKC got the most obvious and shameless tank ever, I wonder if The Cub trusts the process?
Getting hammered for a hammer

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Why don‘t they invite the most accurate 3p shooter to a 3p contest? Ai broken?

Heine

I like how altodevil and sontodevil togheter plays nearly 60 mins in the all star game, combining for 2 pts

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Fair.

how many points did alto make in his everlasting career?
He only made one. He said he’d be the greatest, he said he has a point to prove.

He did it.

Veni, Vidi, Valto

“I came, I saw, I bragged”

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Alto: „I want to make one single point in my entire nba career.“

Achieves that and brags to no end.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I quite liked Jason, but I see the logic in trading him for a bit depth while saving $1 mill cap (I suspect we have cheap owners). Hopefully saving that to pay Nobbers, also considering that both Brown and Wilcox are expiring.

OKC got the most obvious and shameless tank ever, I wonder if The Cub trusts the process?
Getting hammered for a hammer
He certainly does not and wants to get the hell out of Dodge.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's actually the second highest GameScore by a Cafite, at 56.8! It was a double overtime game, to be fair, but it's still great.

The highest by any player is BenitoSTARR with 63.8, for a 62/12/9 game with 1 steal and 4 blocks, only a single turnover and shooting 10-14 from three (and 22-27 overall).

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's actually the second highest GameScore by a Cafite, at 56.8! It was a double overtime game, to be fair, but it's still great.

The highest by any player is BenitoSTARR with 63.8, for a 62/12/9 game with 1 steal and 4 blocks, only a single turnover and shooting 10-14 from three (and 22-27 overall).
Nice!

I'm coming for you, Benny boy.

15/16 End of Regular Season New

nimic

something nice
Scout
15/16 End of Regular Season

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine)

Final conference standings

As suspected, the Wizards are in a league of their own this season. hobbers and SebJr have a lot to do if they want a shot at the championship with the Celtics and Heat. In the end, Dr. Junior did manage to drag the Cavaliers into the playoffs. They'll be up against the Celtics, which is a real test for the young'un.

It wasn't enough for Two Nil and the Raptors, however, nor Dan II's Pistons. Both finished on 36-46, which they will certainly hope to better next season. Nor was it enough for BenitoSTARR and Stobzilla II on the Knicks, though 33-49 is not terrible for the third worst team in a conference. That goes double for the worst team in the conference, reelworld II's Bucks, who finished 30-52. That's more wins than the two worst teams in the West combined.

There's a lot of Cafites in the West, and way more of them made the playoffs than in the East as well. As expected it came down to Lil' V.O. and weeweetee on the Rockets versus Nobbers, Heine, altodevil and Sonius on the Spurs for the top seed. I'd be shocked if they don't meet up in the conference final, probably playing for the opportunity to face the Wizards in the Final. First they will have to get through Samid's Timberwolves and sontodevil's Grizzlies. weetee's Warriors might be a tougher challenge, having finished the season quite strongly.

Below the line it's heartbreak for Salt Bailly, Pepper Bailly and the rest of the Kings. In the end they missed out on the playoffs purely because of their losing record against the Timberwolves - 0-4! There's not much to say about the rest of the teams, except that they can't possibly have a worse season next year, surely? P-Nut's Nuggets at least finished 29-53, but the Pelicans' 16-66 is the worst record Solius has ever been part of. Weirdly there's more reason to be optimistic for The Cub and Dr. Dwayne, who - although finishing a truly dire 13-69 - at least won more games in their last 23 games than in their first 59. Progress...?

Playoff bracket

Houston Rockets injury:

Regular season League Leaders

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Don't do grandsons. End it with the last son then do big summary stat tables etc.

Then do a team-running experiment with some kind of draft.
We'll see. I'll definitely do a team one after this, but probably not going straight into it. Then again, it's almost summer and I'm a teacher, so... we'll see.

For this one, we'll at least do the sons, and that will put us into "re-gen" territory (instead of randomly generated draft classes). Maybe you'll change your tune once Wilt Chamberlain gets drafted to your team.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck's sake, that's the second time I do that. I'm expected to keep track of Solius and Sonius, weetee and weeweetee, altodevil and sontodevil, hobbers and nobbers.
I empathise, my fellow experiment runner.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐

Nice!

I'm coming for you, Benny boy.
I am old and rusty. If you can’t beat a DIY bit of kit I pity you.

Besides my daughter will be arriving soon.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just the thought of going as player-input'y as you've done gives me a head-ache.
It's not been too bad tbf. Easier than I thought, especially when I started uploading all screenshots in albums to people via pm.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Here's a First Round preview for good measure. Not exactly sure what the spread means, or how it's calculated.

The spread is a betting term, basically how many points the bookies expect that team to win by.

Rather than betting straight up on who is going to win a game, you may bet whether the favourites will cover the spread or not (eg Houston winning by more or less than 22.5 points).

nimic

something nice
Scout
The spread is a betting term, basically how many points the bookies expect that team to win by.

Rather than betting straight up on who is going to win a game, you may bet whether the favourites will cover the spread or not (eg Houston winning by more or less than 22.5 points).
Oh, cheers! I always suspected you were a gambling degenerate. :confused:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Oh, cheers! I always suspected you were a gambling degenerate. :confused:
Well yeah, giving your kid 30 endurance and hoping he doesn't become Phil Jones isn't for everyone.

hobbers

53-29 is so mid.

Yi and Westbrook really let themselves down peaking so young.

2016 Playoffs - 1st Round New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2016 Playoffs 1st Round

@V.O. @weetee @Samid @hobbers @Heine @altodevil @Solius @sebsheep @Dr. Dwayne

Houston Rockets
Lil V.O.: 13/17/6 (3stl/4blk)
weeweetee: 13/5/11 (1stl/1blk)
Minnesota Timberwolves
Samid: 3/0/0
Phoenix Suns