Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

Yea, the algorithm is a bit of a mystery to me. For example I found having a player that has 0-5 points in passing much worse in assisting than somebody that had 10 - all the other attributes being identical (bar up to five points in total). Of course you‘d have different teammates with different attributes and maybe that‘s all there was to it but in this example alone it‘s already pretty clear that your passing attribute has quite little to do with how good you are at assisting (10 being quite enough to get you very decent amounts - of course you‘d need other attributes being high/very high for that).
wait. I might be lieing about that specific stat re passing looking at my profile. Think I found stats like Dribbling and Rebounding not necessarily as impactful as others (granted if you want to become the next devil you gonna need that high no matter what) so with height 100 and good speed you don't need to put much into rebounding to still be able to block and rebound a decent amount.

I might split the rounds (that have many games) into two updates, so that I can have a screenshot for every game. It will honestly probably save me time compared to the cursed tables. Probably won't be too much of a gap between the updates, just for convenience (until Niall finally upgrades to a version of XenForo that lets me have more than 20 pictures embedded).

As long as you update the thread it‘s all fine, nimic.

601k thread views. That's like three times as many as my other experiments, put together.

I guess we're actually an NBA forum.
Only the „Join and become the next Hobbers“ line doesn‘t really work. Wonder why.

Should have more poeple join, that would be great. Understand it could be dauting though, I went trough the thread twice before joining.
If Heine can do it, everybody can!

2021 Playoffs Round 1 (Games 1-3) New
2021 Playoffs 1st Round - Games 1-3 <- we'll see how this works. I could also do half the series all the way through, and then the other half (e.g. west and east).

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil @BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @Salt Bailly @The Cat @weetee @V.O. @reelworld @oneniltothearsenal @Stobzilla @P-Nut @Dan

jFCbfTz.png

PkcCgrc.png
bbTUR3x.png
dQqwdoT.png
p0OOEDK.png
VnpCXHz.png
SMP0UEM.png
3QEPAkq.png
1gP6sVo.png
xYZaFvV.png
KVchP5d.png
s2dEq2D.png
owQlQqH.png
67etDPL.png
mMDr91I.png
XZ0knQh.png
54qUh5a.png
Y1xKMvK.png
bW06hWX.png
GrIRuts.png

Last edited:
Can‘t say the son is as shy to take a 3p shot as the father.

We seem to be playing a totally different sport than the rest of these turkeys, judging by the scores

Going to need surgery on my back trying to carry this lot.

Going to need surgery on my back trying to carry this lot.
We need another super team to make this league interesting again. Come, join V.O. and me and become the one to write history

2021 Playoffs Round 1 (Games 4-7) New
sontodevil conceding dpoty was bad, but getting washed in the first round is the final straw. He is no son of mine.

sontodevil conceding dpoty was bad, but getting washed in the first round is the final straw. He is no son of mine.
By his age you were still in Sacramento. Admittedly you had one ring there, but you also got swept in the first round, there and in Cleveland (when you even made it to the playoffs). He's actually played more playoff games than you had at his age.

By his age you were still in Sacramento. Admittedly you had one ring there, but you also got swept in the first round, there and in Cleveland (when you even made it to the playoffs). He's actually played more playoff games than you had at his age.
He's been on far better teams than I was

2021 Playoffs Round 2 New
2021 Playoffs 2nd Round

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil @Salt Bailly @weetee @V.O. @reelworld @oneniltothearsenal @Stobzilla @Solius @Dan

vs5qKIL.png

For the first two games I had to combine some games to be able to fit all the pictures (damn you 20 image limit, I will have my vengeance yet)

Nin0IHd.png
pketx0u.png

3RkfBrB.png
SHEKsgX.png

WFWLldI.png
d7lgW1P.png
JiqtXJP.png
ch9HxnS.png

cxoaSd7.png
8e1xbxj.png
SXvLu3B.png
2rzyMK5.png

EfrTBD7.png
9O0bm69.png
eYP8hTC.png

BtGLg0e.png

30b1Vjt.png

Upcoming: Conference Finals

ytQVvWA.png

2021 Playoffs Conference Finals New
2021 Playoffs Conference Finals

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil @weetee @V.O. @reelworld @oneniltothearsenal @Stobzilla @Solius

KQOjYYh.png

ae0TjUt.png

Spurs in the lead! How lucky can one team be? Not only do they have the trio of Nobbers, Heine and Sonius, and the old dog altodevil, but they've even got a very capable Jamal Murray to pitch in with a casual 24/2/9.
MWarPFZ.png
MWarPFZ.png

No problems for the Knicks. Kevin Durant seems well contained.

mifSojW.png

Nobbers with a small injury, but he'll be back next game.
ClBLREI.png

41 year old Solius with a casual 17 points in 16 minutes (and no, you're not going crazy, they did change the minutes played stat from decimals since last update)

VYFIvEr.png

39 from both Nobbers and Jamal Murray, how do you beat that? It doesn't help that everyone who isn't Lil' V.O. and weeweetee is shooting a combined 62/200 (that's a cool 31% shooting) this series.
hHNIUpx.png

Dominating performances from reelworld II and Two Nil in particular. Is this really the end of the Wizards? A sweep?

WxOxOFe.png

h4UInmR.png

The Spurs win, and are through to the NBA Final, but Sonius is an unwelcome casualty. The game immediately became a lot closer, and the Rockets were as close as they've been all series. It might even have been preferable for the Spurs to lose a few games, to give Sonius time to come back for the Final. But a loss can't be a win, so that's right out.
umP6ohT.png

Oh? Are we seeing the (in)famous Kevin Durant comeback? Dan II already got a taste of it in the last round, going 3-0 up and then getting reverse swept.

HDZkXfT.png

No comeback here! This will be the first time since 2014 without Kevin Durant and the Washington Wizards representing the East in the NBA Final. We'll have an all-time high of eight Cafites in the series, including an NBA Final-first of a father-son match-up. Solius won his last ring in 2004, while Sonius won his... last year! We might also potentially see altodevil with 9 (!). That would put him third, after Bill Russell and some other plumber I've never heard of (Sam Jones).

Upcoming: NBA Final

sah0mib.png

2IMeEHt.png

The family gets a ring regardless. Is Sonius going to miss the entire finals then?

Solius on the Knicks just feels wrong. Like Hakeem on the Raptors, or Shaq on the Celtics. Knicks are @BenitoSTARR s team