Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Playoffs: 1st Round - East + West | Basketball GM |

Feels like my team do nothing with drafts and trades each year, then weirdly get worse...

Does anyone want to try teaming up with sontodevil?

I'm tempted, Grizzlies have an average team but a horrendous ownership

New game rule

Every player gets one broken contract. You can only use it at the end of a season, and you'll be up for free agency. Rookie contracts don't apply.

For the lulz.
Yeah, if I'm missing the playoffs this season, sayonara Bucks.
btw, @nimic, did anyone here ever got 50-40-90 season ?

I’d like to see where I go from the Pelicans. Unless my contract there is nearly up?

I’d like to see where I go from the Pelicans. Unless my contract there is nearly up?

You've got one more year on it (after this).

Yeah, if I'm missing the playoffs this season, sayonara Bucks.
btw, @nimic, did anyone here ever got 50-40-90 season ?

Only @Dan II! He shot (FG/3P/FT) 54%/48%/94% in 2017 (on low minutes played)

If we round up, then also weeweetee in 2018, since he shot 49.9%/43%/91%.

Lil' V.O. has 5 out of the top 6 field goal shooting seasons, if you include the current one. But he doesn't really shoot threes.

Is this a way to game myself into staying an extra year? Is there a way to manually override retirement? If I'm 50+ rating I'd rather keep playing.

Small teaser for the All Star Game.

The teams are Team Kevin and Team Pepper Bailly.

The prospective draftees are as follows:

BfWxCzj.png

2019 All Star Weekend Part 1

First the Dunk and 3P contests, then a bit later the standings, trades and All Star Game.

@Solius @Heine @Skizzo @hobbers @reelworld @Dan @P-Nut @BenitoSTARR

Slam Dunk Contest

bZFa7gg.png

1st Round - 2 advance
Sonius: 46
Heine: 42
Skizzlet: 0
Kevin Durant: 25

Sonius: 0 (46 total)
Heine: 43 (85 total)
Skizzlet: 48 (48 total)
Kevin Durant: 17 (42 total)

It'll be Heine vs. Skizzlet in the final round
2nd Round
Heine: 23
Skizzlet: 21

Heine: 26 (49 total)
Skizzlet: 35 (56 total)

Skizzlet has won it, after scoring 0 on his first attempt!

TadCX1u.png

3 Point Contest

NiPPgdb.png

1st Round - 4 advance
Klay Thompson: 21
Kevin Durant: 14
nnkLXnd.png

21mVErj.png

oiCKqdI.png

JVMwWys.png

hQ3bis4.png

rUTURBa.png

It's reelworld II, BenitwoSTARRLET, Solius and P-Nut in the 2nd round!

2nd Round - 2 advance
7HFtFKq.png

By95xon.png

BTwpCaf.png

1DXBDmp.png

25 isn't enough for Solius and P-Nut, so that sends reelworld II and BenitwoSTARRLET through to the final round.

Final Round
4kNvhFJ.png

UIULGmY.png

We have a new winner! BenitwoSTARRLET follows in the footsteps of her father. He won five of these, so she's got some way to go still.

QBTznDR.png

First the Dunk and 3P contests, then a bit later the standings, trades and All Star Game.

@Solius @Heine @Skizzo @hobbers @reelworld @Dan @P-Nut @BenitoSTARR

Slam Dunk Contest

bZFa7gg.png

1st Round - 2 advance
Sonius: 46
Heine: 42
Skizzlet: 0
Kevin Durant: 25

Sonius: 0 (46 total)
Heine: 43 (85 total)
Skizzlet: 48 (48 total)
Kevin Durant: 17 (42 total)

It'll be Heine vs. Skizzlet in the final round
2nd Round
Heine: 23
Skizzlet: 21

Heine: 26 (49 total)
Skizzlet: 35 (56 total)

Skizzlet has won it, after scoring 0 on his first attempt!

TadCX1u.png

3 Point Contest

NiPPgdb.png

1st Round - 4 advance
Klay Thompson: 21
Kevin Durant: 14
nnkLXnd.png

21mVErj.png

oiCKqdI.png

JVMwWys.png

hQ3bis4.png

rUTURBa.png

It's reelworld II, BenitwoSTARRLET, Solius and P-Nut in the 2nd round!

2nd Round - 2 advance
7HFtFKq.png

By95xon.png

BTwpCaf.png

1DXBDmp.png

25 isn't enough for Solius and P-Nut, so that sends reelworld II and BenitwoSTARRLET through to the final round.

Final Round
4kNvhFJ.png

UIULGmY.png

We have a new winner! BenitwoSTARRLET follows in the footsteps of her father. He won five of these, so she's got some way to go still.

QBTznDR.png
That’s my girl!

Part of the slam dunk contest, all star what is going on? Seens like i just needed 2 rings in 3 finals and becoming the 3rd highest overall to get som recognition

You've got one more year on it (after this).

Only @Dan II! He shot (FG/3P/FT) 54%/48%/94% in 2017 (on low minutes played)

If we round up, then also weeweetee in 2018, since he shot 49.9%/43%/91%.

Lil' V.O. has 5 out of the top 6 field goal shooting seasons, if you include the current one. But he doesn't really shoot threes.
Interesting, I would've thought we'd have multiple players reached 50-40-90 with how high the abilities our players have

altodevil might have the best field goal percentage career wise though?

Aside from picking shots well from Offensive IQ (which it seems like almost everyone has tonnes of) I don't even know how my guy is quite that good at shooting. Second isn't even close.

2019 All Star Weekend Part 2
2019 All Star Weekend Part 2

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

FbtIzvj.png

Standings update

gpChsoQ.png

Three great players in the bottom three spots. I'd be surprised, but I am pretty sure it's happened a few times already. reelworld II, SebJr and The Cub are all most definitely getting dragged down by their teams. Skizzlet is also getting dragged down, though in his case it's partly because he's not a starter yet. Might still make the playoffs, of course.

Dan II and the 76ers are 5 games above the line, though while their "since last time" form is decent, they've gone 2-8 in their last 10. Let's see if Dan II can shoot his way out of that. Further up, Two Nil and Stobzilla II are doing fine. They should be able to climb up the table, but they have to do better than just fine if they want to beat the Wizards or the Celtics in the playoffs. The same goes for Dr. Junior and BenitoSTARR, though their form is actually pretty good.

aVWO1ma.png

Solius has already lead his Pelicans to 4 more wins than they finished last season with, so I'm not sure he'll be too bothered about the position. Particularly if he's rolling the dice on a contender picking him up if he breaks his contract at the end of the season. sontodevil is finding himself in familiar territory, around 6-9 spots. He can definitely do better, but the West is apparently very strong right now. At least try to avoid the top 2 immediately though, by finishing 6th or better.

At the top there are three teams in fantastic form. It seems like BenitwoSTARRLET and P-Nut have finally figured things out, though we've seen teams go from great form to meh form and then crash out of the playoffs anyway. Above them you have two teams with 26 wins since last time, the Rockets and the Spurs. It's hard to pick between them, except for the fact that the Spurs have proven they can do it in the playoffs. hobbers and the Warriors have cooled a bit, but they're still very likely to capture that 4-seed. Pepper Bailly and the Timberwolves would have to end with even better than their recent form to secure home court advantage in the playoffs.

All Star Teams

XvEbu5y.png

v27T7Si.png

Dapvzr0.png

All Star Game

nRbLBkB.png

5oXevGt.png

2uVaqLD.png

Trades

Dr. Junior & BenitoSTARR (Cavaliers) - Cavs going for it!
E8npvqs.png

hobbers (Warriors) - A very slightly worse player, and in exchange the Warriors get rid of some salary? But then Mario Hezonja was already on a cheaper contract? I don't know.
rwYmbHU.png

SebJr (Heat), hobbers (Warriors)
m8dpWVT.png

sontodevil (Grizzlies) - they traded for Nikola Jokic earlier, so I think this makes sense?
m32TkNa.png

reelworld II (Bucks)
L3zBVtr.png

04d931P.png

Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves)
cL7Kj0B.png

Aside from picking shots well from Offensive IQ (which it seems like almost everyone has tonnes of) I don't even know how my guy is quite that good at shooting. Second isn't even close.

I guess it's just a combination of things. You don't take any other shots than close up (which you can do pretty well), and you've got height and jumping.