Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 17/18 | 30-Game Update - Huge trade! | Wizards are Champions | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Kevin Durant

nimic

something nice
Scout
17/18 Season Preview Part 2

@BenitoSTARR @Solius @oneniltothearsenal @Stobzilla @The Cat @Dan @sebsheep @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @P-Nut

Solius - New Orleans Pelicans (35-47)

38-years old and still in the league - how about that? Solius is still collecting $20.57M/yr, don't forget. And if you think that means he's scamming the Pelicans, note that he's still easily the best player on the team. He can't run or jump anywhere, but just try and stop him from getting his 17 points.

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (29-53)

Skizzlet is the latest victim of the "just getting better at endurance and IQ" curse. Though it remains to be seen if it really is a curse, since everyone follows that up with a great leap forward. He's wearing the right colours, anyway.

Pepper Bailly - Minnesota Timberwolves (28-54)

There's clearly a certain colour palette which attracts the interest of Pepper Bailly. He's also in one of those off-off-seasons, but in his case he's already a very good player, so let's not feel too bad for him. The starting 5 of Minnesota isn't the worst in the world, but they have precisely zero depth to the team.

SebJr - Miami Heat (34-38)

SebJr is like a fine wine; he only gets better with age. He's also the right colour, though these days they throw you in jail for pointing out that someone is rosé-tinted. He was disappointed not to make the playoffs last season, but they might be challenge this season too. A lot of players got better, which helps a lot, but they also lost their best player.

Dan II - Los Angeles Lakers (38-44)

I can confidently assert that Dan II is almost certainly going to play more games this season than he has so far in his entire career. He's not exactly a superstar yet, but nor he is unplayable. If you get him shots, he is going to make them. At this point he's just about smart enough to figure out which basket to score on.

The Cub - Oklahoma City Thunder (25-57)

The Cub has so emulated the career path of what I can only assume is his biggest hero: P-Nut. Nearly MVP caliber level play? Check. All-Star regular? Check. All Star competition winner? Check. Allergic to the playoffs? Double check. I think this is the season, though. He got a little bit worse himself, but the team got quite a bit better. It helps that they really hit on their draft of Lauri Markkanen.

P-Nut & BenitwoSTARRLET - Denver Nuggets (51-31, 2nd Round)

The Nuggets have a pretty good starting 5. BenitwoSTARRLET has gotten a bit better, P-Nut has gotten a bit worse, and the rest of the team has generally improved. I think they're now one of those teams that aren't the favourites to win anything, but they could suddenly Utah some unfortunate playoff contender. Best to be avoided, I think.

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR - New York Knicks (35-47)

Welcome to the 19th year of BenitoSTARR's career. All with one team, mind. I think it's safe to say the Knicks are retiring the 00 shirt after he retires. I'm sure he'd like just more one decent playoff run, for old times. And this time him and Stobzilla II have been joined by Two Nil, the triple double machine himself. The one thing they're lacking is depth, but if everyone can remain relatively healthy I reckon they should make the playoffs.
Damn you Solius

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
17/18 Season Preview Part 2

@BenitoSTARR @Solius @oneniltothearsenal @Stobzilla @The Cat @Dan @sebsheep @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @P-Nut

Solius - New Orleans Pelicans (35-47)

38-years old and still in the league - how about that? Solius is still collecting $20.57M/yr, don't forget. And if you think that means he's scamming the Pelicans, note that he's still easily the best player on the team. He can't run or jump anywhere, but just try and stop him from getting his 17 points.

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (29-53)

Skizzlet is the latest victim of the "just getting better at endurance and IQ" curse. Though it remains to be seen if it really is a curse, since everyone follows that up with a great leap forward. He's wearing the right colours, anyway.

Pepper Bailly - Minnesota Timberwolves (28-54)

There's clearly a certain colour palette which attracts the interest of Pepper Bailly. He's also in one of those off-off-seasons, but in his case he's already a very good player, so let's not feel too bad for him. The starting 5 of Minnesota isn't the worst in the world, but they have precisely zero depth to the team.

SebJr - Miami Heat (34-38)

SebJr is like a fine wine; he only gets better with age. He's also the right colour, though these days they throw you in jail for pointing out that someone is rosé-tinted. He was disappointed not to make the playoffs last season, but they might be challenge this season too. A lot of players got better, which helps a lot, but they also lost their best player.

Dan II - Los Angeles Lakers (38-44)

I can confidently assert that Dan II is almost certainly going to play more games this season than he has so far in his entire career. He's not exactly a superstar yet, but nor he is unplayable. If you get him shots, he is going to make them. At this point he's just about smart enough to figure out which basket to score on.

The Cub - Oklahoma City Thunder (25-57)

The Cub has so emulated the career path of what I can only assume is his biggest hero: P-Nut. Nearly MVP caliber level play? Check. All-Star regular? Check. All Star competition winner? Check. Allergic to the playoffs? Double check. I think this is the season, though. He got a little bit worse himself, but the team got quite a bit better. It helps that they really hit on their draft of Lauri Markkanen.

P-Nut & BenitwoSTARRLET - Denver Nuggets (51-31, 2nd Round)

The Nuggets have a pretty good starting 5. BenitwoSTARRLET has gotten a bit better, P-Nut has gotten a bit worse, and the rest of the team has generally improved. I think they're now one of those teams that aren't the favourites to win anything, but they could suddenly Utah some unfortunate playoff contender. Best to be avoided, I think.

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR - New York Knicks (35-47)

Welcome to the 19th year of BenitoSTARR's career. All with one team, mind. I think it's safe to say the Knicks are retiring the 00 shirt after he retires. I'm sure he'd like just more one decent playoff run, for old times. And this time him and Stobzilla II have been joined by Two Nil, the triple double machine himself. The one thing they're lacking is depth, but if everyone can remain relatively healthy I reckon they should make the playoffs.
I want to try and make 20 years with the same team and that might be me done

Heine

OKC hit the jackpot on Markannen it seems. Will it be enough to get the cub to sign a new contract? Could become a good duo

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Great updates. Seems like no massive decline for me this off-season?

Son stuck on the worse team in terms of cash sadly.

17/18 Season Preview Part 3 New

nimic

something nice
Scout
17/18 Season Preview Part 3

@V.O. @weetee @hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil @reelworld @Dr. Dwayne

Dr. Junior - Cleveland Cavaliers (45-37, 2nd Round)

Not a nice off-season for Dr. Junior, but we've seen this a hundred times now. Next season he'll get even better again. The bigger question is how his Cavs are going to do it this season. On paper they don't look great, but they made it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs last season. I guess that's what a deep team can give you (even if half of the players are Point Guards).

reelworld II - Milwaukee Bucks (36-46, 2nd Round)

reelworld II and the Bucks also made it to the 2nd Round last year, but in his case it was a much greater surprise, given the poor regular season record. The team seems much better now, and our man is at the forefront of that improvement. I'd be surprised if they don't make the playoffs again.

sontodevil - Memphis Grizzlies (42-40, 1st Round)

There's lost of improvement among teams that already made the playoffs last season, and the Grizzlies are no exception. sontodevil himself is mostly status quo, but he should still be able to mastermind some kind of playoff run. He should try to not play the Spurs in the 1st Round, maybe. Just a thought.

hobbers - Boston Celtics (49-33, Conference Finals)

hobbers is now a healthy (???) 39 years old, but he's still a very good player. He's not quite a superstar, but then the Celtics still have Davis and Yi. They also have a pretty deep squad beyond that. They'll need it to have a chance at getting past Durant and his Wizards, but it's not out of the question.

Nobbers, Heine, Sonius & altodeveil - San Antonio Spurs (67-15, Runners-up)

The Spurs draft well, I guess. Jamal Murray, who they drafted last year, is now becoming quite a decent player. The Spurs have a depth problem which he may alleviate somewhat, though they certainly don't have a star problem. Nobbers didn't really improve or decline, but both Heine and Sonius got significantly better. altodevil continued his decline, but I reckon he's still a very good defender. Of course, last year that wasn't enough to stop Durant, but the improvement to the lads might be enough. Besides, Durant himself isn't quite the same player.

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (63-19, 2nd Round)

The Rockets are currently paying $153.8 million per year in wages. The salary cap is $99.1 million. If you're wondering how that's going to work out, I'm sure the Rockets accountants are doing the same. And that's before weeweetee rookie contract expires. It's not like the Rockets are the richest franchise out there either, though they do charge a hefty sum for their tickets. If they want to justify keeping this money drain together, they should try to win something this year. Both weeweetee and Lil' V.O. got even better, as did several of their teammates, so you certainly can't count them out.

17/18 30-Game Update New

nimic

something nice
Scout
17/18 30-Game Update

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Trades

Let's get this show on the road.

Two Nil & Stobzilla II (Knicks), BenitoSTARR (Knicks > Cavaliers), Dr. Junior (Cavaliers) - BenitoSTARR's New York career ends at 19 years! Mind you, that's still two years more than anyone else in NBA history, for any team. Sure seems like Cleveland is going for it with this trades.

hobbers (Celtics > Rockets), weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets)

SebJr (Heat) - Unless Miami turn terrible and that pick is somehow great, this looks like a very good trade for the Heat.

Dan II (Lakers), Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves)

Skizzlet (Hawks)

Conference standings

Stats

Here are the teams with the biggest changes. Let me know if you want to see what any other teams currently look like (Cafite or non-Cafite).

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Right on! Average a triple doubles with 17-12-12(almost). Now we are talking! Paired with @Stobzilla we should be challenging for championships next year

Heine

Rockets really going all in. The trades look really good. Should be clear favorites now

Heine

Sad to see Benito leave Knicks though, but I feel that is how American Sports work... Seems to have joined a really good team so might enjoy it, but just staying on the Knicks would've been awesome for him

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Sad to see Benito leave Knicks though, but I feel that is how American Sports work... Seems to have joined a really good team so might enjoy it, but just staying on the Knicks would've been awesome for him
Last dance