Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 17/18 | Season Preview Part 3 | Draft and Free Agency | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Kevin Durant

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'll give it a few hours, and then run the draft. Currently hobbers has his son coming in the draft, going by the new rules of being 30+ and I'll allow your son to join the NBA while you're still in it.

I'll only allow 4 more to join this draft, so we don't suddenly have 12 players coming through at once.

Dan, Skizzo and Samid are exceptions, since they have declined enough for early retirement anyway, should they choose.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
That would give you an advantage on everyone else so far, so the youngest I'll allow is 17 (then you turn 18 on the draft - or else next season if you're created after the draft, and your rating will change). Basically the younger you are, the more time you have to improve.
I’ll make my son next season then if that’s ok?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is dumb - just keep it consistent, when your player retires you get his son. Make sure it's all at the same age too.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Let's say you have to be (turning) 35. Could be fun. If it doesn't work I'll scrap it. At 35 you're not far off anyway, but it doesn't incentive binning your player just because they aren't quite as good anymore.

altodevil

Let's say you have to be (turning) 35. Could be fun. If it doesn't work I'll scrap it. At 35 you're not far off anyway, but it doesn't incentive binning your player just because they aren't quite as good anymore.
35-18 = 17, probably bare minimum. Unless we were fathering children pre-NBA.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That would let the following add their son to the draft: Dan, Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne, hobbers (done), altodevil. Also Skizzo and Samid of course, since they have declined. Nobody has to retire or add their son, though.

It's still 725, right?
Yep. If we go with 35, you'll have to wait a couple of seasons (unless you take a dive ratings-wise).

altodevil

That would let the following add their son to the draft: Dan, Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne, hobbers (done), altodevil. Also Skizzo and Samid of course, since they have declined. Nobody has to retire or add their son, though.

Yep. If we go with 35, you'll have to wait a couple of seasons (unless you take a dive ratings-wise).
What's the stat limit again and where do I send my son to you? Pm?

nimic

something nice
Scout
What's the stat limit again and where do I send my son to you? Pm?
725, and PM or in the sign-up thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sign-up-thread-for-the-redcafe-nba-simulation-basketballgm.481476/

Also if we're getting loads of new players the next few years, keep in mind you can set your position to Auto (it picks what it thinks your ratings make you best suited for, and it can change), or double positions (Guard, Forward, Guard-Forward, Forward-Center). It's not at all a requirement though, if you just want to be a Point Guard or whatever.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

@Solius still eager to leave?

Last chance for any of the olds or bads (those are the technical terms, I'm so sorry) to have your son in the draft. Otherwise I can still put them in at the start of the season.
I was gonna try one more season before letting Dr. Jr. in, how do things look?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
For a near pensioner you're still playing really well. You actually had the 8th highest PER in the league, somehow.

Your Warriors have a few younger players that might get better too. Or not, as it were.
Nice. Giggsian longevity was a consideration in my build so I'll stick around for now.

13/14 Draft and Free Agency New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2013 Draft and Free Agency

@altodevil @hobbers @Solius @P-Nut @The Cat @Salt Bailly @oneniltothearsenal @Dan @Dr. Dwayne

Draft
  1. sontodevil (PG 72/83 you build-abusing son of a bitch) is drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies. That means Solius will team up with altodevil's son! Has our 5x champion been hoisted by his own petard?
  2. Nobbers (SG 58/83) has been drafted by the San Antonio Spurs, the team where his dad (?) hobbers first turned into a superstar.
  3. Giannis Antetokounmpo (GF 51/76) has been drafted by the Portland Trailblazers
  4. Michael Carter-Williams (G 59/71) has been drafted by the Phoenix Suns
  5. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (SG 48/71) has been drafted by the Utah Jazz
  6. Nerlens Noel (FC 49/70) has been drafted by the Washington Wizards
  7. Victor Oladipo (G 58/66) has been drafted by the Toronto Raptors
  8. Ryan Kelly (PF 54/62) has been drafted by the Indiana Pacers
  9. Tim Hardaway Jr. (GF 52/67) has been drafted by the Miami Heat
  10. Cody Zeller (C 51/66) has been drafted by the Sacramento Kings
Free Agency

The Cub has left the Detroit Pistons to sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder for $19.35m/yr through 2018
Salt Bailly has left the Toronto Raptors and has signed with the Sacramento Kings for $8.34m/yr through 2017 so he can hang out with P-Nut
Two Nil
has left the Oklahoma City Thunder to sign for the Toronto Raptors for $19.24m/yr through 2017
Dan has left the Oklahoma City Thunder, and is yet to find a new team :confused:

Trades

Nobbers (Spurs), The Cub (Thunder)

Nobbers (Spurs), Samid (Bobcats)

Dr. Dwayne (Warriors > Hornets)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

@Solius still eager to leave?

Last chance for any of the olds or bads (those are the technical terms, I'm so sorry) to have your son in the draft. Otherwise I can still put them in at the start of the season.
ooh

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Welcome @sontodevil. We’ll achieve things your father could only dream of.

hobbers

Unacceptably low potential, looks like he's getting cut out of the will.

hobbers

Does the game take lineage into account?

Like does it realise this is the progeny of an otherworldly being

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Wah, alto enters with 72 skill? He mocks the gods and should be nailed to … benito, any idea?