Music Talk Talk

Unlikely lad

Such a shame that most people only know 'It's My Life' from those.

'Laughing Stock' is definitely one of my favourite albums, and you'll be hard pressed to convince me that this isn't one of the best songs ever crafted:

I thought this was about the phone line/internet/tv company :lol:.

Bump.

Mark Hollis, leader singer of the brilliant and trailblazing band Talk Talk, has died at 64.

Those final three albums in particular have had huge influence in the decades since they came out. Still greatly underappreciated.

Bump.

Mark Hollis, leader singer of the brilliant and trailblazing band Talk Talk, has died at 64.

Those final three albums in particular have had huge influence in the decades since they came out. Still greatly underappreciated.
Gutted to hear of Mark’s death but I am not sure that TT were/are under appreciated.
They never really sought huge commercial success and their latter albums showed them moving away from it to concentrate on longer tracks of complex music that thrilled people with an understanding of quality, multilayered music.
Now 30+ years on they still have a significant following of devoted fans and many significant contemporary musicians quote them as a major influence.

Plenty of 80’s bands sold more records than them but few will have the abiding legacy that they possess.

RIP Mark Hollis, musical great.

Gutted to hear of Mark’s death but I am not sure that TT were/are under appreciated.
They never really sought huge commercial success and their latter albums showed them moving away from it to concentrate on longer tracks of complex music that thrilled people with an understanding of quality, multilayered music.
Now 30+ years on they still have a significant following of devoted fans and many significant contemporary musicians quote them as a major influence.

Plenty of 80’s bands sold more records than them but few will have the abiding legacy that they possess.

RIP Mark Hollis, musical great.

Tbf they did sell a fair amount of records at their commercial peak too. Maybe underappreciated was the wrong word.