Talk of The Devils Podcast

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Usually quite a good listening with some of the best united journos out there..

They haven't released their latest episode yet though so are they waiting for outcome of the Ratcliffe meetings?

I like how Mitten mugs of Laurrie for his love of cocktails

They haven't released their latest episode yet though so are they waiting for outcome of the Ratcliffe meetings?

Doubt it... They would just do another one

Yeah been checking Spotify all day, strange it's not out yet, maybe after that drab affair yesterday they just said feck it!

I see the Stretford Paddocks Podcast have released one today, I’m not as fond of that one though.

Really good podcast, pretty balanced, not a bunch of moaning babies but also don’t pull their punches to much considering.

They’re going to say they don’t think he’s getting sacked and then I’ll feel sad

I’ve bad news for you he ain’t getting sacked

Mitten and Anka really rub me up the wrong way for reasons I cannot explain. It's surprising, because I'm actually an absolutely delightful person who generally has time for everyone, and they're such a random and inoffensive pair of people to have grind my gears, but here we are.

I like Laurie.

Mitten and Anka really rub me up the wrong way for reasons I cannot explain. It's surprising, because I'm actually an absolutely delightful person who generally has time for everyone, and they're such a random and inoffensive pair of people to have grind my gears, but here we are.

I like Laurie.
Yeah and I'm 6 foot 5

Listening to Carl Anka feels like listening to someone who tries hard to sound smarter than he actually is.

I like Mitten, but the problem with podcasts like these is in order to remain professional they don't say what they actually think. Personally like watching Saeed - Mandem Talk, purely because its so bloody funny.

I like Laurie.
I'm 50% of the way with you here. I like Anka a lot, he's thoughtful and calm. Just can't take to Mitten, dunno why.

I'm 50% of the way with you here. I like Anka a lot, he's thoughtful and calm. Just can't take to Mitten, dunno why.
Is it because he tries so hard to be neutral fence sitter?

He can hardly ever criticize any player without then praising them.

Or how he almost always answers questions with questions? Again to avoid being concrete.

I get that he wants to maintain his wide network of friends. He is a popular man and respected journalist.

But it also comes at the cost of hardly ever being able to offer any real, hard opinions on anything. He just waffles and puts his feet in both camps. At most he will say: "It is not good enough.", and that's him being harsh. But then he will likely follow it up with why it's actually not that bad, or something completely contradictory to what he just said.

I like him as a person. But as a podcaster it's just very predictable and meaningless to listen to someone you know will almost always temper their words and not present their truly honest opinions.

I really like Anka on the podcast. Even though he talks in a quirky manner, he is by far the most tactically and technically knowledgeable on the pod. He can actually analyze and breakdown performances and tactics, unlike the rest of the crew. And he is usually very honest, both when praising and being critical. Without him, it would just be waffling.

Whitwell is a fantastic journalist with great knowledge of the corporate workings of United, but his ball knowledge is not his strong suit. It's usually very superficial analysis of the actual games from him. So Anka is really why the pod works for me, seeing what's happening on the pitch is the meat and potatoes of everything.

Also the banter between them is good. They are obviously good at playing off of each other with the gentle mocking and such. That makes it a fun listen.

United Hour podcast are waiting for this!

Talk of the Devils is top tier though

Does anyone listen to the stretford paddock podcast? I do enjoy it but they always seem to rely on the extreme to promote their podcasts, for example they use titles such as “Transfer policy EXPOSED” or “Ten Hag SLAMMED by pundits”

Is it that they feel their podcasts won’t get attention without these ridiculous titles?

Does anyone listen to the stretford paddock podcast? I do enjoy it but they always seem to rely on the extreme to promote their podcasts, for example they use titles such as “Transfer policy EXPOSED” or “Ten Hag SLAMMED by pundits”

Is it that they feel their podcasts won’t get attention without these ridiculous titles?
Youtubers need a little sensationalism to get views even if the content is great. I feel like they're not as good as they once were though, personally I like Saeed and mandem talk, United view and even rantsnbants. They're all hilarious but not forcing positivity down my throat ala Stretford and TOTD.

Clickbaity stuff delivers for the majority unfortunately

I do like the podcast, Andy, Ian and Laurie all Greater Manchester lads, all long time Utd fans. The latter two attend with their dads and Andy’s uncle played for us in the early 50’s. They’re all competent and knowledgeable journalists and their opinions are pretty balanced. Carl Anka is a good analyst but sometimes tries to hard to show he’s a Utd supporter.

Reactions: Rood
Is it because he tries so hard to be neutral fence sitter?

He can hardly ever criticize any player without then praising them.

Or how he almost always answers questions with questions? Again to avoid being concrete.

I get that he wants to maintain his wide network of friends. He is a popular man and respected journalist.

But it also comes at the cost of hardly ever being able to offer any real, hard opinions on anything. He just waffles and puts his feet in both camps. At most he will say: "It is not good enough.", and that's him being harsh. But then he will likely follow it up with why it's actually not that bad, or something completely contradictory to what he just said.

I like him as a person. But as a podcaster it's just very predictable and meaningless to listen to someone you know will almost always temper their words and not present their truly honest opinions.

I really like Anka on the podcast. Even though he talks in a quirky manner, he is by far the most tactically and technically knowledgeable on the pod. He can actually analyze and breakdown performances and tactics, unlike the rest of the crew. And he is usually very honest, both when praising and being critical. Without him, it would just be waffling.

Whitwell is a fantastic journalist with great knowledge of the corporate workings of United, but his ball knowledge is not his strong suit. It's usually very superficial analysis of the actual games from him. So Anka is really why the pod works for me, seeing what's happening on the pitch is the meat and potatoes of everything.

Also the banter between them is good. They are obviously good at playing off of each other with the gentle mocking and such. That makes it a fun listen.

This.

Mitten is a meaningless waffle machine hypocrite.

Carl and Laurie are OK!

It's a good podcast.

But it's no United Hour ;):cool:
Yeah but how long does it take for an episode of the United Hour to release? Within seconds of a bad result these guys have already punted out a podcast where Carl is explaining tripledouble pivot triangles and Andy says something about a bakery in Lydgate that once belonged to someone who was a ballboy at OT in 1983.

Your pod has the quality but not nearly enough of the reactionary panic ranting that we've come to expect as supporters.

Yeah but how long does it take for an episode of the United Hour to release? Within seconds of a bad result these guys have already punted out a podcast where Carl is explaining tripledouble pivot triangles and Andy says something about a bakery in Lydgate that once belonged to someone who was a ballboy at OT in 1983.

Your pod has the quality but not nearly enough of the reactionary panic ranting that we've come to expect as supporters.

:D
We often used to record straight after the match but nowadays prefer to stew over a bad result for a couple of days - we're going more for morose resignation than reactionary ranting !

:lol: Fair points mate! But yeah we will be working on that and getting them done faster, but as @Rood says sometimes we stew on a result for a few days, I know I certainly need some time to calm down or I'd be filling the Angry Scotsman stereotype to a T!