Gaming Star Wars: Outlaws

SilentWitness

Has a Dutch member.
Staff
Supports
Everton

Anyone going to pick this up? I love Star Wars so I probably will get dragged into it given it's open world but my god, it doesn't look that great. Everyone needs to watch from 4:50 onwards to see the tragic gameplay and narration combo... :lol:

Ubisoft. Give it 3-4 months and it will be at least 30% or more off

SW games tend to look visually impressive, Battlefront is still rather breath-taking, but the gameplay tends to be underwhelming and the framerate of most of their titles is shoddy.
This will be no different.

I want to see how it comes out first and how many patches are needed.

I’d also imagine like Reditus that it will be discounted within 3 months of release so in happy to wait to play it around the holidays.

Friendly reminder that Ubisoft covered up (and continues to) for sex offenders within the company.

SW games tend to look visually impressive, Battlefront is still rather breath-taking, but the gameplay tends to be underwhelming and the framerate of most of their titles is shoddy.
This will be no different.
Thought the Battlefront gameplay was fun, it's not changing the wheel but it's fairly good.

Ubisoft only make good games when they’re not making Ubisoft type games. The Prince of Persia metroidvania was brilliant. This looks like Ubisoft Star Wars which is a big no no for me.

From what I understand it’s looking better than your typical Ubisoft game but the combat mechanics are very basic. Essentially go for it if you are a SW fan (I’m definitely not) who wants light gameplay mechanics and a decent narrative.

As with all of their games, I can’t see the need to buy it at launch at full price.

Last time I had patience for Ubi game was Wildlands & Watch Dogs 2.

Make me climb one more tower, and I'll just stop.

I'm gonna pre order this and enjoy it just to piss all the ubisoft haters off.

I think it looks like a decent game from what I've seen so far, not even a star wars fan. Just looks like fun, looks fairly pretty too.

Was initially excited but that feeling faded pretty quickly as we learned more about the game. Good graphics, boring gameplay, limp narrative is what I've come to expect from Ubisoft games and this doesn't seem likely to buck the trend, despite Massive Entertainment's pedigree.

Only Ubisoft game I may actually buy again is AC: Hex or whatever it's called. The setting could make for a badass game but only if they truly revolutionize some things in the formula a bit too. Ubisoft is a bit like the EA Sports of Adventure games.

Only Ubisoft game I may actually buy again is AC: Hex or whatever it's called. The setting could make for a badass game but only if they truly revolutionize some things in the formula a bit too. Ubisoft is a bit like the EA Sports of Adventure games.

Yeah I'm excited for AC Hexe even though we know very little about it.

For all the shit Ubisoft (rightfully) gets, I still get a kick out of the Far Cry games.... less so the AC games as they got way to bloated for my liking (The one in Greece was just to enormous for me).

But yeah will give this a shot - I don't expect to enoy it as much as I enjoyed Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor though

It's not terrible. The stealth is really bad and unfortunately forced in some missions, and the story beats seem really flat atm - the entire intro just didn't capture the feeling I think they were aiming for.

Fun to play though, and surprisingly the graphics are actually very impressive despite the stick it got.

Any good lads? Currently need something to play until Fantazio in October and I’m stuck. Would anyone recommend this?

I had something pop on Google Discovery that was about a Star Wars total conversion mod of Starfield called Star Wars Genesis for the PC. I watched a few trailers and it looked really cool. If I still played video games I would definitely have checked that out over Outlaws.

I had something pop on Google Discovery that was about a Star Wars total conversion mod of Starfield called Star Wars Genesis for the PC. I watched a few trailers and it looked really cool. If I still played video games I would definitely have checked that out over Outlaws.

Normies usually don't play conversions, and that's not the only problem with it.

Fallout London total conversion was also ambitious, but since it's still based on Bethesda, it was riddled with game breaking bugs and limitations coming from highly outdated engine.

These 5 brave modders that made SW Genesis now, will have to look out for new officiall patches from Bethesda, as they like to break savegames, mods, sometimes even game core itself.

Looks cool, though. Starfield could be another game that will benefit from it, it's just i'm so tired of modding things as it takes time, because these lazy, tripple A devs can't make an open world truly alive and immersing.