Music Sinead O'Connor - RIP

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

One of my favourite vocals on a song ever. 56 is no age.

RIP.

Just seen that it was already discussed. Feel free to delete mods.

Last edited:

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Not the best tune she's recorded, but the one that tugged at my emotions today. All of her is in there. The strength, the fragility, the pain and the love. Amazing woman.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Met her a few times through the wife. Nice woman. May she rest in peace. Deserved the keys to Ireland just for telling Piers Morgan where to go.

Kinky Melinky

Very sad indeed. Absolutely loved Sinead. Currently listening to her book Rememberings on Audible. A lot of people say she was troubled which she would openly admit to, but it is also important to acknowledge that a lot of that trouble was placed upon her by a very dysfunctional upbringing. I have found her to be nothing but kind, compassionate and caring. It's the vibe I got off her prior to the book, and it merely reinforced that belief. RIP Beautiful Soul.

Kinky Melinky

Not the best tune she's recorded, but the one that tugged at my emotions today. All of her is in there. The strength, the fragility, the pain and the love. Amazing woman.
So great to see you in this thread Moses, and not the least bit surprising. Love to ya buddy ❤

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So great to see you in this thread Moses, and not the least bit surprising. Love to ya buddy ❤
Hey brother. I did three albums with her. She literally knocked on our door one day. The main one was Sean Nos Nua. It's not available anymore as she was under contract to a major label but she convinced them to 'loan' her to us to do an album of old Irish tunes. If you want to hear it drop me a PM. We toured it and the live show from Vicar st is on RTE one tonight. It's a belter with the one of the best trad bands ever behind her (well Wickham and Sharon basically). She was a gift to us, with all her flaws and frailties.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

A beautiful voice and a beautiful soul. The video of Nothing Compares 2 U is probably my first memory of the 90s. Her SNL performance in 1992 is still one of the most iconic moments in TV history. Her response to those saying that she threw her career away is a lesson to those who put all morals aside at the very sight of cash. May she rest in peace.

Withnail

A beautiful voice and a beautiful soul. The video of Nothing Compares 2 U is probably my first memory of the 90s. Her SNL performance in 1992 is still one of the most iconic moments in TV history. Her response to those saying that she threw her career away is a lesson to those who put all morals aside at the very sight of cash. May she rest in peace.
The Saturday night Live performance and her response to being boo-ed two weeks later were so powerful. I didn't really have a clue what it was about at the time because as it hadn't all come out yet. She was an amazing woman.

Withnail

Hey brother. I did three albums with her. She literally knocked on our door one day. The main one was Sean Nos Nua. It's not available anymore as she was under contract to a major label but she convinced them to 'loan' her to us to do an album of old Irish tunes. If you want to hear it drop me a PM. We toured it and the live show from Vicar st is on RTE one tonight. It's a belter with the one of the best trad bands ever behind her (well Wickham and Sharon basically). She was a gift to us, with all her flaws and frailties.

Oh wow you did that one. I think we still have it in my parent's house. I'll be recording that tonight.

I always loved this

Withnail

Her death has really fecked me up.
It's brought up so much unresolved emotions and grief. Every song I've listened to has been beautiful and painful, sometimes because of the connections they made to those who are no longer in my life, and also weirdly I've just so happened to meet so many people from my past over the past few days. I'm really not sure how to process any of it.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Actually came in here to post this track as it's the one I think of when her name crops up, here's a full live version

She also did a great job of elevating this Ian Brown protest song

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Her death has really fecked me up.
It's brought up so much unresolved emotions and grief. Every song I've listened to has been beautiful and painful, sometimes because of the connections they made to those who are no longer in my life, and also weirdly I've just so happened to meet so many people from my past over the past few days. I'm really not sure how to process any of it.
Well, there is such emotional honesty in her music that right now, immediately after her death they really resonate.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Actually came in here to post this track as it's the one I think of when her name crops up, here's a full live version

She also did a great job of elevating this Ian Brown protest song

God, I Love her so much. She was channelling it. She came here and got the job done.

R.I.P fecking modern day saint

Tarrou

I remember reading about another time when she mugged off Piers Morgan back when he was editor of The Mirror in the 90s

can't find it now unfortunately but it was great

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I still play She Who Dwells, especially the 2nd trad CD.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The first disc is an odd collection. One or two gems, but a tricky listen as an album. I was adamant it should have been a live CD with a bonus disc.
I tend to only listen to the 2nd live CD. Which is really great.

Another one you were involved with?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I tend to only listen to the 2nd live CD. Which is really great.

Another one you were involved with?
Aye. Which version do you have? I might have a nice present for you.

That was an offshoot of the project she asked us to do. Most of the musicians in that band were on our label in some form or other. Sinead's touring band was drums, bass and cello and we provided the rest.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Aye. Which version do you have? I might have a nice present for you.
I'm not sure. It was a double CD but I'm sure I also had the video of the 2nd CD somewhere. I've packed up my CDs but I'll try to find it.

I did however find this.