Sekou Kone

TheReligion

Abusive
Any idea when he’s likely to get some minutes? I’m aware he didn’t have much of a pre season so not sure if it will be this month or next.

I’m quite interested to see how this plays out given the rumours he may be fast tracked to the first team squad once he’s settled in.

Any idea when he’s likely to get some minutes? I’m aware he didn’t have much of a pre season so not sure if it will be this month or next.

I’m quite interested to see how this plays out given the rumours he may be fast tracked to the first team squad once he’s settled in.
Can't find it now but saw a tweet earlier on that said he could start for the u21's against Forest Green Rovers tomorrow.

I dont think he has even played for guidars first team iirc?

I'd be surprised if he goes into first team at united this season.

I dont think he has even played for guidars first team iirc?

I'd be surprised if he goes into first team at united this season.
More likely he will mostly feature for under 21s and if he shines, get a few appearances off the bench towards the end of the season.

As of today, Mainoo, Eriksen, Casemiro, Ugarte and Collyer are all ahead in the pecking order for a CM spot.

What a bonus if he was to get first team minutes at some point later this season

Crying out for his profile currently

What a bonus if he was to get first team minutes at some point later this season

Crying out for his profile currently
Completely agree. His profile of player is lacking in our midfield and it would be great to see him develop into a mainstay in the first team in the not too distant future.

Completely agree. His profile of player is lacking in our midfield and it would be great to see him develop into a mainstay in the first team in the not too distant future.
Couldn't agree more. Think it's arguably our biggest problem that we've targeted and stockpiled slow and unathletic centre midfield players for far too long. Likewise at centre half but that's another story

Couldn't agree more. Think it's arguably our biggest problem that we've targeted and stockpiled slow and unathletic centre midfield players for far too long. Likewise at centre half but that's another story
Completely agree. It was so evident last season that we lacked pace and power in those positions at CB and in midfield. I think there's potential with de Ligt and Yoro at CB but I can't understand why they neglected the midfield. I hope both Ugarte and Zirkzee turn out to be great players for us, but I think the funds allocated for the aforementioned players could've been better spent.

I think in the EPL the most simple way of building a strong foundation to the team is to raise the physical and athletic level at CB and deeper midfield. Players who are strong in the duels with tenacity and the ability to eat up ground quickly to thwart quick counters is sorely lacking in our team, especially in midfield. And when you have those fundamentals in place, your most techncal players then have a strong foundation to express their abilities on the ball.

Where/when does he play? He hasn’t played with the first team. He doesn’t play with the u21 today, not with the u19 last Wednesday and not with the u18 today.