Santiago Gimenez - Feyenoord

As a United and Feyenoord fan (being half Dutch) this gives me some serious mixed feelings. I really want to see Gimenez shine at Feyenoord one more season now that we'll be in the Champions League next season. He's just really, really good. But from a MU perspective I do get why we're after him. He's clinical in his finishing, physically strong and his positioning in and around the box is neat. Do beware, he basically only starting to have a place in the starting eleven from January onwards, so it might be a bit early to move to a top tier PL team after +- 25 games in Europe.

Yeah definitely should be shopping for more Dutch league attackers after seeing how Gakpo and Antony have done in the PL so far :nervous:

Hearing a lot of good thing about him, will definitely tune in the for the EL game to see what he's about.

I love this guy so much. He's improved an insane amount in about 6 months. Great finisher with both feed and head, strong on the ball, deceptively good dribbler. Not finished or ready for United I think and should stay at least 1 more year to play CL football with us (please stay), though with the speed he's adepted to Feyenoord he might do the same there. Genuinely lovely dude off the pitch as well.

His play acting skills are on par with Antony and Bruno though.

Yeah definitely should be shopping for more Dutch league attackers after seeing how Gakpo and Antony have done in the PL so far :nervous:

Not to mention that we should very definitely make such decisions based on that kind of anecdotal evidence.

I love this guy so much. He's improved an insane amount in about 6 months. Great finisher with both feed and head, strong on the ball, deceptively good dribbler. Not finished or ready for United I think and should stay at least 1 more year to play CL football with us (please stay), though with the speed he's adepted to Feyenoord he might do the same there. Genuinely lovely dude off the pitch as well.

His play acting skills are on par with Antony and Bruno though.

We'd be starting to accumulate enough talent there to stage a play in offseason. Maybe either Much Ado about Nothing or All's well that ends Well, depending on how things develop?

Rather have him than spend 100 million on Kane which is insane for a player with one year left on his contract.

We need to make smart moves in the transfer market, getting Kane would prevent us from addressing other positions where we need reinforcement.

Maybe Gimenez is a smart move.

Looks a good option for 1 of 2 strikers coming in. Doesnt look like our endgame starting striker though. So he should be vying for the rotation/backup spot at this point

We'd be starting to accumulate enough talent there to stage a play in offseason. Maybe either Much Ado about Nothing or All's well that ends Well, depending on how things develop?
Comedy of errors based on some of our defending this season

Rather have him than spend 100 million on Kane which is insane for a player with one year left on his contract.
Wait, so you'd rather have an unproven youngster with a few months of eredivisie experience than one of the best strikers of his generation who is still scoring bags of goals in the premier league?

I get that you're making a point about value and longevity, but...:nervous:... I think you've taken it a bit too far there...

Now Gimenez and a proven striker...now you're talking.

Wait, so you'd rather have an unproven youngster with a few months of eredivisie experience than one of the best strikers of his generation who is still scoring bags of goals in the premier league?

I get that you're making a point about value and longevity, but...:nervous:... I think you've taken it a bit too far there...

Yeah, agreed with the last bit, hence a lot would like to get a proven striker plus say, Evan Ferguson off Brighton - though one feels doing deals with English clubs these days come with massive premiums for both proven and unproven talent.

If you lot buy Kane I'm sure we can agree to a straight swap deal.

Not ready for the prem as he's making Smalling look like the incredible Hulk. Needs to bulk up a bit with his 68kg.

Scored the winner in the Gold Cup final and a silky goal yesterday against Benfica (looked slightly offside, but no VAR so feck that).

He might be ready for the highest level quicker than I thought. No touching this window though, he's ours.